Drivers Assistance pkg and Fog Lights?

Thanks for everyone's feedback. The wife and I have decided to wait. You guys are right, over $40K I'd rather wait and get what we want especially after reading about the Sync upgrade.

Sales called me back and said that our order will stay in the system and he'll keep eyes on it. I'm sure he will, he wants the sale.He also set our expectation to a possible October-November delivery but did say that could change at any time.

If I hear anything, I'll post back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The dealer I talked to said that it could take 8-10 weeks to order an Edge Sport. I also want the Driver's Assistance Package and I know that won't be available until September. My question is, and the dealer didn't seem to know for sure, should I try to order it now, since 10 weeks would put me into September and I should be able to get that package, or will it take 8-10 weeks from the time that option is available for my order to come in? That would put the order off until November. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything new on this subject.

Also, I'm curious if anyone knows what the front end of the Edge Sport will look like with the Driver's Assistance Package? I know they will have to do something to the grill to make room for the adaptive cruise control radar and I hope it still maintains the look it has now.

Also, I'm curious if anyone knows what the front end of the Edge Sport will look like with the Driver's Assistance Package? I know they will have to do something to the grill to make room for the adaptive cruise control radar and I hope it still maintains the look it has now.

From previous models, the radar camera is hidden behind panel in the left lower grille. Looking at 2015 Edge Sport photos, it seems the panel is already there for all, even though they still don't have Adaptive Cruise Control. See attached photo where I mean it is located. In other words, I don't believe there will be any difference from the outside between models with & without Adaptive Cruise.

post-24673-0-00744000-1435648286_thumb.jpg

The dealer I talked to said that it could take 8-10 weeks to order an Edge Sport. I also want the Driver's Assistance Package and I know that won't be available until September. My question is, and the dealer didn't seem to know for sure, should I try to order it now, since 10 weeks would put me into September and I should be able to get that package, or will it take 8-10 weeks from the time that option is available for my order to come in? That would put the order off until November. I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard anything new on this subject.

There have been several posting that 9/07/15 is when 51d starts shipping. I had talked to a dealer which confirmed that also.

So if you wait till September, why not wait till November/December and get a 2016 and get Sync 3... Myself along with several other have come to a similar conclusion.. The issue is that production start is not until November 16...

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/18206-2016-edge-start-up-dates/?do=findComment&comment=132802

Called the dealer the other day to check on our order with 51D option. He told me its still in the system.

I remember reading somewhere that Sync3 will be in all Fords sometime this summer. I hope they are right. I also read that Ford normally shuts down for 2 weeks during the summer and is cutting that in half due to higher than normal F150 and Edge orders. Maybe they will begin building them sooner than reported with any luck.

John

Not that this is authoritative but it sounds like roll out will span through next year as "akirby" stated.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150427/OEM06/304279956/fords-sync-3--debut-vehicle-launches-are-out-of-sync

Ford Motor Co. plans to start rolling out Sync 3, its replacement for the MyFord Touch infotainment system, starting this summer. The Edge and many other nameplates will get Sync 3 for the 2016 model year, according to a product guide Ford recently distributed to fleet customers, with the rest of the lineup making the switch by the end of next year.

Edited by punch-card

• 2 months later...

Received an update from the sales rep. He stated we should be getting a production date soon. I mentioned the sync 3 option, he said they have been arriving in the escape.

His concern is that no one seems to know if these "late availability" 2015 models will be in fact 2016 models. Only time will tell; I'll be sure to update here.

John

• 3 weeks later...

Received update today from Bo Beuckman Ford in St. Louis today. Our sales rep was on leave last week.

Here "was" the latest: 2015 Edge, 401A, AWD, Panoramic Roof, 51D, in Ruby Red: $42,444 out the door (excluding admin fee, TT&L)

MSRP: $47,980.

That was the deal we were offered a few months ago. Now, its in production with a delivery date the week of October 12th. No Sync3, that won't be available until the 2016 model. We can't wait any longer, we're happy to get it with the driver's assist.

The only issue now is whether they can match the incentives that were available back when we made the deal. I'll update when we take delivery.

John

I thought you only get the incentives that are available at time of delivery.

Here is an example from Ford's site:

"Current college students and recent college graduates who purchase or lease an eligible new vehicle and take retail delivery from dealer stock by January 4, 2016, are eligible. Special-order vehicles must arrive and be delivered by January 4, 2016. Vehicles delivered after January 4, 2016, are not eligible for $500 Student Bonus Cash. Not compatible with A/Z/X/D Plan. See dealer for eligible vehicles and complete details."

I thought you only get the incentives that are available at time of delivery.

Here is an example from Ford's site:

"Current college students and recent college graduates who purchase or lease an eligible new vehicle and take retail delivery from dealer stock by January 4, 2016, are eligible. Special-order vehicles must arrive and be delivered by January 4, 2016. Vehicles delivered after January 4, 2016, are not eligible for $500 Student Bonus Cash. Not compatible with A/Z/X/D Plan. See dealer for eligible vehicles and complete details."

That's what it used to be, but a few years ago Ford introduced a program that allowed the dealer to lock in incentives at the time of order and you had the choice of those or what was there when you took delivery. I think it was only available to "select" dealers at the time. It's always been that way in Canada.

Several folks have purchased this way in the states over the last few years but it's not clear whether this is still restricted to certain dealers or open to all dealers, but they do have to do something when they place the order to activate the option.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, picked it up today. Took about 1 1/2 hours altogether. As I mentioned earlier, the salesman had quit and much of his paperwork was shredded, to include my deposit check. They did however find the contract with the incentives at the time.

Here's what happened regarding price: 2015 Ford Edge, Sport, 401A technology package, panoramic roof, driver's assist, and premium paint.

Sticker MSRP with delivery: $47,980 Dealer offered me: $43,699 minus $1750 in incentives = $41,949. Pretty good deal in my book. We sprung for the premium 12/120000 warranty and resistall protection. $5K down @ 2.49% kept our payments just under $600 for 72 months.

The adaptive cruise worked great. On the way home, I couldn't figure out the lane keep assist until I read the manual. There is a manual switch on the end of the turn signal.....can't wait to try it. The features on this car are endless, you can set intelligent keys to seat and mirror positions or set speed limits and/or audio volumes. Unreal!!

I'll keep an eye on this thread if anyone has any questions.

John

So far, the only regret is not waiting for Sync3. Other than that, the car is amazing. MFT had an update so I pushed it the other day. Its supposed to be more iPhone friendly, we'll see how that works. I think its just a matter of education of precise voice commands to keep your eyes on the road.

Ordered accessories from Levittown Ford online, it was the cheapest. We purchased molded mud flaps, the console vault (with combination), and wheel lock nuts. We also added weathertech mats all the way around and a custom windshield screen (heatshield brand) from Amazon. The only accessory I didn't get yet is the rear bumper protector. The factory one doesn't cover the rear edge so I found an aftermarket on eBay. At $80, I'm waiting to find it cheaper elsewhere.

Nick, you headed to Schofield Barracks? I spent 6 years between Fort Shafter and Schofield up through 2012. Managed to visit the Dragon in Youngsan a few times. Good luck with the Oahu traffic!

• Like 1