Oil Changer Reminder??

vsutton

You know what's rude, Lex? Asking the same question over and over and over....in multiple places.......even after it's been answered by 2 different people. And it's not only rude, it's irritating. And you know what I'm talking about.

here we ago... AGAIN...this is like the 4-5th time (twice in this thread alone), across multiple topics mind you, where you yourself have "over and over. And over and over" again re bought up the majorly serious feaux pa that I may have offended the Ford Edge forum gods with some petty dual/cross posting.... so are we even now? you now officially look like the pot calling the kettle black as this stage you publicly remind me of this nearly every chance you get. oh... but I forgot, it is okay when it comes from you but not cool if someone else does something similar. even worse, "we both went OUT OF OUR WAY to help you with your purchase" - don't pat yourself on the back to much as more times than not, your a hinderance than a help. if your version of 'help' requires me to deal with you for life on this forum, I would rather you never 'help' me again as your brand of 'help' always comes loaded.. heck, you even use the fact that you 'helped' me against me.

FWIW, my OM references have been from a PDF version that I think I got when I signed up for the MyFord log in, or I picked it up from one of the links from this forum, can't remember exactly. I haven't compared it to the hardcopy. Maybe I should check that out?

Hi carbonedge. :D I would be curious to see what the actual "Hardcopy" says. Especially since it seems very few people actually read them (just kidding). :hysterical:

I am getting my online Owners Manuals, Maintenance Schedules etc, from here:

LINK: Online Manuals/Schedules/etc.

Hope this helps.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks. That site looks familiar so that may be where I got it as well. It does now say 3rd printing, and it's obvious it is a bit different than the one I have.

Thanks again.

Hi carbonedge. :D You are welcome. :beerchug:

I agree with you. What the various Manual editions state certainly make the subject confusing. But it certainly seems the answer to "vsutton's" question is: No "Oil Service Warning" on the 2007. Perhaps everyone can just download the Manual and take a look for themselves now (as you had already done), instead of speculating.

Lex, I did not overlook what Tom (and you) linked to. Unfortunately, the information on that site would seem to be incorrect (unless that feature was added in 2008), as sites like that often are. As an example, the information listed on Edmunds.com told me that there was equipment I wanted on my MKZ that was not available, when not only was it available, it was standard equipment. And they are one of the more accurate third party sites.

If you want the correct information about a vehicle, get the answers from the manufacturer (in this case, Ford).

We have all (well, most of us) come to some sort of agreement now that while there is a brief mention of an "Oil Service Warning" in various places, it seems as though Ford changed their mind and did not include it in the final build (at least for 2007, the year "vsutton" was inquiring about). As you stated, your link is for the 2008 Edge. "vsutton" was inquiring about the 2007 Edge.

Since you took the time to Google Search your link, have you also taken the time to download the Owners Manual from the Ford Fleet site, where you can find the definitive answer?

If you do download the PDF version of the 2007 Edge Owners Manual ("vsutton's" model year), as some of us now have, you will see that.

Perhaps the 2008 Edge has added that "Oil Service Warning"? When you have the time, download the PDF version from the Ford Fleet site and take a look. Please let us know what you find out.

At this point, if after looking in their Owners Manual, or downloading the PDF version, anyone still doubts all of this information, their best bet would probably be to contact their Dealerships Service Department and ask them.

I would hope everyone agrees that barring any further credible information, we have beat this one to death? :banghead:

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

I have been neither rude nor sarcastic with you and trust me, I can do both pretty well. You didn't like it when I said the problem with your Treo and Sync was probably the phone, and it's been downhill ever since.

Rude:

RTFM, moron!

Sarcasm:

Gee, you'd think they would put stuff like that in a book in the glove box where you could find it when you have a question.

I help a lot of people and they are all thankful - except you.

Wow, I read the first 25 posts in this thread and my brain hurts. If this is how the FordEdgeForum is operated, maybe some new MODS are in order. Not trying to flame anyone any more that what has already been done, but you guys need to just get along. if you had a bad day today, then just refrain from posting until you feel better. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief people. A good rule to follow in any forum is if you don't have an answer, don't reply and don't tell people to go look it up.

You people have spent 2 pages on arguing over a reply of "go look it up" or "RTFM" and typed way more than a simple answer to the original question. A simple quick answer and this thread would be two posts long.

Don't waste you own time (and ours) with needless arguments trying to sift through garbage to see an answer. If you know, talk, if you don't, shut up and quit arguing, being juvenile and creating bad reputations for yourself.

bbf2530, go back and read through this thread and see how much you actually typed and wasted bandwith when it would have been better if you knew the answer to state it. If not, pass the thread by and remain silent. You said the answer was in the manual but yet had to go look it up yourself because in fact you didn't know and didn't know if it was in the manul and wound up finding the answer to the original question after all the garbage. Was there a point to all that? Good Grief..... did it make your day brighter??? If it did, you don't belong in a forum.

Good grief people. A good rule to follow in any forum is if you don't have an answer, don't reply and don't tell people to go look it up.

You people have spent 2 pages on arguing over a reply of "go look it up" or "RTFM" and typed way more than a simple answer to the original question. A simple quick answer and this thread would be two posts long.

Don't waste you own time (and ours) with needless arguments trying to sift through garbage to see an answer. If you know, talk, if you don't, shut up and quit arguing, being juvenile and creating bad reputations for yourself.

bbf2530, go back and read through this thread and see how much you actually typed and wasted bandwith when it would have been better if you knew the answer to state it. If not, pass the thread by and remain silent. You said the answer was in the manual but yet had to go look it up yourself because in fact you didn't know and didn't know if it was in the manual and wound up finding the answer to the original question after all the garbage. Was there a point to all that? Good Grief..... did it make your day brighter??? If it did, you don't belong in a forum.

Hi TN-EdgeSEL. So, let me see if I understand this correctly. You revived a thread which was settled over two weeks ago, to the satisfaction of all involved, to chastise those of us who attempted to help the original poster ("vsutton") by letting him know the answer to his question was in the Owners Manual?

By the way, the correct answer to simple questions can almost always be found in the Owners Manual, that is why it is printed and given to the new owner. Therefore, sometimes recommending "have you checked the Owners Manual, the answer is there" is a perfectly valid answer, whether you like it or not. The person asking the question then has a choice, they can go and look it up in their Owners Manual, or they can wait/hope someone else gives them the answer.

Without much explanation needed, looking in the Owners Manual should be one of the first things anyone does when they purchase a vehicle. As "akirby" so aptly explained, it does not occur to many people that the answers to their questions are most often right in their glove compartment.

For nearly three days, nobody had answered "vsutton's" question, which he had posted in three different forums starting the morning of the 2/28. I decided to assist him by politely letting him know the answer was in his Owners Manual. Instead of ignoring "vsutton's" question, as every other forum member who had read his first post on the 28th had done for three days, I told him where he could find the answer. You now come in, both rude and with a chip on your shoulder attempting to preach to others about a long settled discussion? You're the only one with a problem, so to be honest, tough luck!

There is a world of difference between the advice I gave to "vsutton", which was, "Have you checked your Owners Manual? The answer is there. Good luck with your Edge", and what you incorrectly implied I said, "go look it up". Don't change the facts to suit your ill advised rant.

Maybe you should try re-reading the thread, for if you had read it as carefully as you think, you would have seen the following statement made by me: "If I know the answer to a question, I will post it. If I do not know the answer, and do not have the time to look it up, I will let the person know where they can find the answer. If I do not know where to look it up either, I do not post."

Concise and to the point. "Vsutton" asked for information and received no answer for three days. I did not have the time to download his Owners Manual and look it up for him, so I let him know where he could find the answer. Again, no other forum member had answered him for three days!

If you took the time to re-read the thread, post by post, you would see that the only person who did not complain about being advised to read the Owners Manual for the answer was "vsutton". My answer was polite and only meant to help "vsutton" (who did nothing wrong when she requested help).

Perhaps you should have thought about your own advice first, before posting, since your post certainly added nothing and was a prime example of "wasted bandwidth". My previous posts were neither rude, nor abusive. They provided information. Funny how you felt the need to be rude, when those who were actually involved in the discussion at the time, did not.

If you had any of the superior intelligence you think you just displayed, you would have realized that every word I typed, after my first post, was to answer critics like you, who did not bother trying to find the answer for "vsutton" themselves, they just criticized others answers (correct answers, by the way). Odd how we settled that amongst ourselves, but that fact eludes you over two weeks later. Fine use of "bandwidth".

All I can say is, WOW, all of three posts and you are picking fights with people for no reason, in long settled threads. Welcome to the Forums. :rolleyes:

If it brightened your day to waste that "bandwidth", "good grief"... it would seem you don't belong in this or any forum. :yup:

I would highly recommend your own advice back to you, and I quote "If you know, talk, if you don't, shut up and quit arguing, being juvenile and creating bad reputations for yourself." Face the hard truth, your post was rude, argumentative, and added nothing to a long settled discussion.

Now that I have explained more of the background information, if you truly believe the words you wrote you will now drop it. I will then give you the courtesy of doing the same.

Lead by example, not empty words. :shades:

Edited by bbf2530

• 3 weeks later...

WOW. I never thought asking a question would cause such an uproar.

1. I did check the Owners Manual - it did mention such a feature.

2. I wasnt asking to be spoonfed - just asking a question.

3. I have gotten an oil change - they did put a sticker on it - just wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge.

4. I posted in two places because I was new to the forum and not sure which place to post.

5. Wow! Talk about first impressions......

Does anyone know if the 2007 Edge SEL + comes with an oil changer reminder? I know on my 1999 Windstar it was a feature. Just assumed that Ford implemented that feature on all of their vehicles.

WOW. I never thought asking a question would cause such an uproar.

1. I did check the Owners Manual - it did mention such a feature.

2. I wasnt asking to be spoonfed - just asking a question.

3. I have gotten an oil change - they did put a sticker on it - just wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge.

4. I posted in two places because I was new to the forum and not sure which place to post.

5. This was my first and I guess my last post to this forum. Wow!

(This reply is in two places - please don't kill me)

Good Lord in Heaven why are people so mean to one another?

The answer is NO! there is NO Oil Reminder like you may have had on a previous vehicle.

However Trip odometer B can be used for this function. Or A if you wish.

I always use the 3 system. If you can divide the mileage evenly by 3 then it is time to change the oil.

I change my oil every 3,000 miles.

3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27 etc, you get the picture I am sure. If you go by 5,000 then simply divide by 5.

What if you are at work or in a Motel and you are on the 21st floor and have your pajamas on and simply are browsing this forum and the thought crosses your mind, "hey is there an Oil Change Reminder on my new Edge" so you post the question and you get a response that makes you feel like crap for asking!

Hey Sonny, I still live by your statement!

You treat people the way you want to be treated, until they treat you differently, and then you treat them according!!!!

What if you are at work or in a Motel and you are on the 21st floor and have your pajamas on and simply are browsing this forum and the thought crosses your mind, "hey is there an Oil Change Reminder on my new Edge" so you post the question and you get a response that makes you feel like crap for asking!

If it was me, I'd look them up online:

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owne...als/default.asp

If I asked the same question twice on different days with no response and someone who did not know the answer politely pointed out where I could find the answer I'd say thank you. But that's just me.

Actually they're posted here on this site as well as at the link I just posted above.

Lets make this real simple....

No message from computer...

FORD recommends oil change every 7000, yes 7000 miles normal service driveing, I still do mine every 3000 - -3500 miles with a filter change

2007 edge, Blazing copper, 1 year old 02-005-07, less than 5800 miles !!!! just put around town and an occational highway trip Detroit to Ft Wayne, Detroit to Battle Creek, Detroit to Muskegon....... :hyper:

• 4 months later...

The Edge trip computer isn't as smart as even the one in the 05 explorer I traded in. I was really disappointed in this, but it's one of those things that you don't really look at.

I'm also flabberghasted that the 07 edge doesn't have TPS. Fords several years before the Edge have TPS.

-Larry

• 11 months later...
Hi vsutton. :D Have you checked your Owners Manual? The answer is there.

Good luck with your Edge! :beerchug:

I just purchased an Edge and that would be nice to know. But on another note, has anyone experienced knocking in the doors when driving?

I just purchased an Edge and that would be nice to know. But on another note, has anyone experienced knocking in the doors when driving?

Hi OnEdge2. :D Welcome to the Edge Forums!

Just a suggestion to assist you in getting your question answered: In case you had not noticed, this thread was last active almost a year ago. The last reply previous to yours was 7/24/2008.

It is up to you, but you may get a better response on your "knocking in the doors" question if you start your own new post/thread and give it a title/subject of "Knocking in the doors", or something similar.

Again, just a suggestion.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530