Ordering a 2016 - no vista roof

I think I've nailed down exactly what I want, but I'm having second thoughts on a few things. I decided not to get the pano roof with the titanium 300A base package and save some $$$. I've always had sunroofs, but I hardly ever use them. I live in socal and most of the time its too hot or too bright to leave it open. Also they have a tendency to possibly have problems with rattles and leaks and I loathe taking my car in for service. I'm starting to have second thoughts though and wondering if I had it on the edge maybe I would use it more often? Anyone out there opt not to get the vista roof and regret it? or have one and wish they didn't?

Here's the build I'm thinking of going with. By going with the base titanium 300A and adding the technology package - I get the sync 3, sony audio, better seats. Pretty much all the useful extras minus the pano roof. With the 301a and 302a you HAVE to get the pano roof.

Edge Titanium 300A

2.0 ecoboost AWD

Magnetic color

technology package

Tow package

Edited by Rudo8198

Big $$ for the BAMR. I hardly ever use mine as well but did order it as the wife wanted it.. I live out in the mountains and very dark at night. Lots of two lane blacktop. Nice to have it open at night. If I lived in a urban area I would have passed. It's just personal preference. I passed on the 21 inch rims although I really like them. To each his/her own. Enjoy whatever you decide to get......

• Like 1

I have to wonder if Ford provided a Vista Roof delete for the 301A and 302A packages just how popular that option would be? I would take it for sure no matter how much credit I did or did not receive for it. Seems like Ford really likes to equip the Edge with the Vista Roof.

• Like 1

I have the panoramic roof on my 2008 Limited and ordered it on my 2016 Sport Edge. It's my wife's car and we really do like it when we use it! We do not use it as much as we would like, mostly because we live in a rural setting, and it's a dustier environment. Even with the window shut and just the shade open, it adds a lot of interior light, especially the rear seat area.

I would think in most city driving, it would be very nice.

Edited by boosted edge
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the input. I ended up ordering it tonight, they are going to place the order tomorrow. Now the long wait 6-8 weeks! I'm going to miss my Focus ST.... Had to give it up - have kids now... But that's okay, the new Edge is awesome.

2016 Titanium 300A

Magnetic color

2.0 ecoboost /w AWD

Technology package

Tow package

X plan pricing

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the input. I ended up ordering it tonight, they are going to place the order tomorrow. Now the long wait 6-8 weeks! I'm going to miss my Focus ST.... Had to give it up - have kids now... But that's okay, the new Edge is awesome.

2016 Titanium 300A

Magnetic color

2.0 ecoboost /w AWD

Technology package

Tow package

X plan pricing

Congrats on getting your order in. Hope you don't have to wait long.

• Like 1

2016 Titanium 300A

Magnetic color

2.0 ecoboost /w AWD

Technology package

Tow package

X plan pricing

I'm still driving a 2 door coupe and I don't know what I am gong to do when I need to have 2 car seats. My wife is getting the Edge and I'm going to keep her old car as a winter beater, but I don't want to drive it all year long. If only I had won that powerball jackpot...

Migh

2016 Titanium 300A

Magnetic color

2.0 ecoboost /w AWD

Technology package

Tow package

X plan pricing

It might be faster to get your dealer to do a search to find what you want versus ordering...At least worth checking...

Edited by chicagoslick

How so? Chemical composition, or rains very heavy, or ...?

It rains a lot to keep paradise green!!! No but honestly it's too unpredictable. It rains when the sun is out. It rains when it looks like clouds are nowhere near you. Hey the suns out, leave roof open and go into gas station and walk out to a flash flood 3 mins later. Plus driving. shit...this little 50x20 rock, driving down the highway and your destined to hit rain. Rains at my house everyday, my friend in honolulu never sees rain. It's just so odd here

• Like 1