Intro - 2015 Edge Sport - Tuxedo Black

cjh

Hey everyone, thought I'd introduce myself. Just picked up a 2015 Edge Sport with every single option (wasn't really my intent but the deal on the 2015 was too good to resist). Loving it so far, the power is incredible. Only gripe is that there are already two awful rattles (car has less than 400 miles on it..), so it's going to the dealer Wednesday for those. Hopefully it's a one and done fix. Coming from a 2014 Fusion Titanium. :)

Already installed front tint, LED plate lights and DRLs. DRLs are from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131703151931?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

24461566944_b6d2a3d3b7_b.jpg

25065927866_59a6c14a23_b.jpg

25092247265_ed2334a2c8_b.jpg

24974092862_4f6e544c17_b.jpg

24522138244_b50cc0fb27_b.jpg

25083013942_64e3675715_b.jpg

25083022642_b0cde6eb7e_b.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome, great choice of rides, and nice start to the mods :thumbsup: Yeah, hope the rattles are put to bed real quick.

Me too. Thank you!

As far as the rattle. Have you checked the passenger seatbelt? If it's twisted jt just rattles against the plastic.

I did notice this behavior the other day and was able to determine the cause. The other rattles persist though. Definitely not a seat belt, unfortunately.

What % tint did you go with for the drive/passenger windows?

For the rattle, there are a few common ones for the 15+

1. Sounds like it is coming from behind the driver. That is a plastic cover that is loose underneath the car due to a plastic clip not doing its job.

2. Sounds like it is coming from the middle/passenger side of the back seat. That is a rattle from the bolts/support that mount the rear seat to the body.

3. Headliner rattle.

4. Sounds like it is coming from the storage compartment on the dash. That could be from the black plastic piece behind the rearview mirror.

Beautiful Edge sport....from the moment I laid eyes on the new sports I loved the look....best looking CUV out there.....period

Id look into the weathertech floor mats.....they really protect the floor carpet from winter.

Sorry to hear about the rattles.....my wife and I have had two 2015 edge sports now...and neither rattled....we currently have 14K km on our current one and not a single peep....quietest vehicle Ive ever driven.

Manny, the key with the H15 bulbs is to reach in and turn bulb counter clock wise and leave the plastic electric thing in place.

Driver side takes about 12 seconds.

Passenger side you want to do before the car is hot as the coolant hose has metal pieces that will burn you.

The bulbs are behind a rubber round thing that you just pull off.

Or you can do it like I did by pushing power plastic thing down and then cursing for the next hour as it is impossible to put it back with the bulb already plugged in.

Manny, the key with the H15 bulbs is to reach in and turn bulb counter clock wise and leave the plastic electric thing in place.

Passenger side you want to do before the car is hot as the coolant hose has metal pieces that will burn you.

Or you can do it like I did by pushing power plastic thing down and then cursing for the next hour as it is impossible to put it back with the bulb already plugged in.

Thanks for the info!!

What % tint did you go with for the drive/passenger windows?

For the rattle, there are a few common ones for the 15+

1. Sounds like it is coming from behind the driver. That is a plastic cover that is loose underneath the car due to a plastic clip not doing its job.

2. Sounds like it is coming from the middle/passenger side of the back seat. That is a rattle from the bolts/support that mount the rear seat to the body.

3. Headliner rattle.

4. Sounds like it is coming from the storage compartment on the dash. That could be from the black plastic piece behind the rearview mirror.

Not sure what % the tint is because I had the dealer install it before delivery, just told them to match the rears. It has to get redone because both sides have scratches from installation and there is debris under the tint. Sigh...

Thanks for the info. I went to the dealer today regarding the rattles:

"Customer states driver side rear door trim seems to be squeaking. Sound is similar to rubber on rubber noise. Road tested and verified customers noise concern. Removed left rear door trim panel and applied flock tape to the upper area near the inner belt seal. Reinstalled door trim. Road tested after repair and noise is gone."

"Customer states there is a noise coming from rear cargo area or possible the vista roof when going over bumps. Sounds like plastic is looks and rattling. Road tested and verified customers noise concern. Installed cashes ears and road test. Found noise coming from the rear hatch around the weather seal area. Adjusted bump stops and applied silicone lube to rubber stoppers. Road tested and noise is gone."

Same question is tint percentage??? Car looks awesome

Will advise when I have them redo it. Not sure.

Congrats, I have the same exact ride, all options, except in 2016. Wanted Sync 3 and update for Android Auto badly :) BTW chj, is intsalling those DRLs easy? Is there a video for this? I've never done this before and have no clue how to lol.

I found it to be incredibly easy. Took no more than 5 minutes. Just have to pop the rubber dust guards off the rear of the headlights and then the bulbs twist out. :)

Beautiful Edge sport....from the moment I laid eyes on the new sports I loved the look....best looking CUV out there.....period

Id look into the weathertech floor mats.....they really protect the floor carpet from winter.

Sorry to hear about the rattles.....my wife and I have had two 2015 edge sports now...and neither rattled....we currently have 14K km on our current one and not a single peep....quietest vehicle Ive ever driven.

Thank you! I too have had an interested in the Edge Sport since I saw it at the 2015 North American International Auto Show last year. They had a White Platinum one with the 21s there that I absolutely adored. Actually terminated my Fusion's lease early to get one since the deals on the 2015s were so great with X-Plan.

I had Weathertech's in my Fusion and loved them. Will probably make due with the factory all seasons for the rest of this winter then will pick some up this fall.

The rattles seems to be mostly gone now after my trip to the dealer. See above. :)

Doh. It took me a minute to figure out that the bulbs just twist right out of those connections. I initially tried twisting the connector.

congrats on the new Sport. thanks for the link to the LEDs on ebay!

Mine is identical to yours, and will be a month old this weekend. I have front tint, 5000k HID bulbs (stock HIDs are way too yellow) planned for now. also picked up a tonneau cover and all weather cargo mat on ebay.

congrats on the new Sport. thanks for the link to the LEDs on ebay!

Mine is identical to yours, and will be a month old this weekend. I have front tint, 5000k HID bulbs (stock HIDs are way too yellow) planned for now. also picked up a tonneau cover and all weather cargo mat on ebay.

Nice. How difficult was swapping the HIDs? If I'm not mistaken, the bumper has to be dropped, no?

Nice. How difficult was swapping the HIDs? If I'm not mistaken, the bumper has to be dropped, no?

No. I have the factory HIDs. this is just a Bulb replacement. The OEM bulb is a DS3 bulb which can be replaced very easily (no harder than replacing a halogen bulb). I haven't purchased the replacement bulbs yet. Still trying to justify the $200 spend

No. I have the factory HIDs. this is just a Bulb replacement. The OEM bulb is a DS3 bulb which can be replaced very easily (no harder than replacing a halogen bulb). I haven't purchased the replacement bulbs yet. Still trying to justify the $200 spend

Interesting. I have the OEM HIDs as well. I swapped the halogen bulbs out in my 2014 Fusion and the only way to replace bulbs in that car is to remove the front bumper and then you have to pull the entire headlight out. Just to change the bulbs. Really was a pain in the butt and I don't care to deal with it on Edge as wel.

Looks like a twist and swap to me...I too think factory lights are boring but wasn't sure if the high beam was inside the bulb or just a mechanical part inside the headlight.

Automatic high beams is a neat feature when you are in the middle of nowhere and detects other cars well.

Edited by 037

Looks like a twist and swap to me...I too think factory lights are boring but wasn't sure if the high beam was inside the bulb or just a mechanical part inside the headlight.

Automatic high beams is a neat feature when you are in the middle of nowhere and detects other cars well.

Auto high beams are great. Never thought I'd care about them until I experienced them on the Edge. Only time I get worried about them blinding other drivers is when I'm driving through a hilly area.

• 1 month later...

great looking ride. I've owned my 2015 Sport for 6 months now, love it.

Q's on DRL bulb replacement. "50W H15 CREE LED Bulbs" on the ebay page say not comparable with 2015 sports

I assume their page is not up to date?

did you buy other items from this seller?

sent a message to the eBay seller

Polarbearmotors replied

"The H15 LED bulbs will not work for the 2015 Ford Edge DRL. You may need to load resistor to get it work."

Edited by Picturepro

great looking ride. I've owned my 2015 Sport for 6 months now, love it.

Q's on DRL bulb replacement. "50W H15 CREE LED Bulbs" on the ebay page say not comparable with 2015 sports

I assume their page is not up to date?

did you buy other items from this seller?

sent a message to the eBay seller

Polarbearmotors replied

"The H15 LED bulbs will not work for the 2015 Ford Edge DRL. You may need to load resistor to get it work."

Those are the exact same ones I have and they work just fine(same seller as well)......your sport has the hid headlights right?

Yes HID (projector beam - has a magnifying lens)

Monday I'll order and hope nothing happens to the wires.

I'm also looking at upgrading the side mirror puddle lamps, on sale $57

and prob get a set of license plate bulbs

http://www.daytimebrightlites.com/Puddle_Lights_NL3C.html

http://drivebright.com/home/shop/v4-extreme-led-puddle-light-pack-brightest/

4/26/16

Ordered, received and installed DRL lastnight, hopefully the DRL will work, could not test at night, healight were on.

Just ordered Puddle lamps that include license plate bright bulbs, their sale end this month.

Edited by Picturepro

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to ask a few questions about the

H-15 LED DRL's, were your original dlr's hid or halogen ? Are they both, dlr's and high beam lights ? Are they plug and play with no issues ?

I'm going from halogen and looking at led conversion kits for both, but figured I'd start with the drl's.