ST Magna Flow Cat Back exhaust

eddie368

On 1/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, eddie368 said:

Checked Magna Flow site two days ago and found they now list a Cat Back exhaust for the 2019 ST Part #19447  $897.Hope this makes a few more ponies and will be an  definate improvement in sound .It is next on my list! And the performance parts list is getting better.

Looks like it comes with duel tips in the photo . If so the exhaust bezels will have to be removed or modified for it to fit. Perhaps the photo was not of the ST but just a generic photo.

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 7:17 PM, eddie368 said:

Checked Magna Flow site two days ago and found they now list a Cat Back exhaust for the 2019 ST Part #19447  $897.Hope this makes a few more ponies and will be an  definate improvement in sound .It is next on my list! And the performance parts list is getting better.

no real performance gains without a tune. I'd imagine sound will be deeper.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:47 AM, Donto said:

Well, it states "under development".  Don't see why it wouldn't work on the Sport AWD either.  I hope its bigger than 2.25" the 2015 FWD MF setup had.

I'd be shocked honestly, they are probably "refitting" their FWD inventory to work that they never sold.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just looked at the Magnaflow webpage.  When pulling up the 19 ST, it shows just mufflers and some custom setup kits and a few other things.  One can find a good custom muffler shop and get something like that done.  I did not see any type of remove and replace setups.  If that is all they are going to come out with, disappointing.  

2 hours ago, Sage said:

I just looked at the Magnaflow webpage.  When pulling up the 19 ST, it shows just mufflers and some custom setup kits and a few other things.  One can find a good custom muffler shop and get something like that done.  I did not see any type of remove and replace setups.  If that is all they are going to come out with, disappointing.  

Weird, they changed their website layout and now the page doesn't show up when you search for the ST.

Here's the old link to the actual Cat Back they were working on, it still works - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/19447-performance-exhaust-street-series

On 4/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, Perblue said:

Signed up to keep me notified to show interest.

I did that at the Borla website in the hope that they'd get enough requests to consider adding the Edge ST. I have a Borla X pipe and OTA pipes on my Mustang. The quality and fit/finish  is excellent.

8 minutes ago, handfiler said:

I did that at the Borla website in the hope that they'd get enough requests to consider adding the Edge ST. I have a Borla X pipe and OTA pipes on my Mustang. The quality and fit/finish  is excellent.

I considered doing that too but borla's looks like it would just be an axel back where magnaflows looks like it may be a catback.

1 hour ago, Perblue said:

Borla has always been pricy compared to others. 

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one ! Ordered It from CARID.com .It will not be shipped for 10 days.If anyone else is interested  they had it priced at $1389 then I got a military discount 10 % off and got it for under $1300. Call and ask for Rob at ext.8847 .............Ed

2 minutes ago, eddie368 said:

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on one ! Ordered It from CARID.com .It will not be shipped for 10 days.If anyone else is interested  they had it priced at $1389 then I got a military discount 10 % off and got it for under $1300. Call and ask for Rob at ext.8847 .............Ed

Please post sound clips! Interior too!

5 hours ago, Perblue said:

Borla has always been pricy compared to others. 

Because they're built better and sound better than most.

3 hours ago, eddie368 said:

Nice! You won't be sorry. Borla systems sound good because they make an effort to calibrate the sound to the engine configuration. Magnaflow sound good with push-rod V8's and not so good on anything else.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...