Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, does anyone know when is the expected release¬†for SYNC 3 V3.4?¬†ūüėĄ

From some of the info i have found, anyone who's vehicle was shipped with at least V3.2 should be able to update as normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure of any plans of an official update, but yes if you have the correct files it will upgrade and work oerfectly fine. Our '19 Edge, a well as my '14 Edge and '17 Fusion are all running v3.4 without issue for a few weeks now. (My Fusion was given an upgraded gen4 APIM and my '14 Edge's SYNC3 gen3 APIM was formatted to take v3.2+)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread prompted me to check for updates on https://owner.ford.com and it shows that "Software update SYNC3 v3.0 is available!" , but I updated to v3.0 in April 2019.

 

Where are you guys getting v3.2 and v3.4 ?

Edited by 1004ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe that the 19+ are shipping with v3.2  They may eventually get 3.4 emphasis on may.  Some peeps are swapping out their APIMs and, or formatting them for 3.4

Edited by onyxbfly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you check/ know what version of SYNC 3 is installed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Sync 3 , the latest software version available is 3.3

To check for installed version, settings, about sync

20191012_163634.jpg

Edited by ONEDGE16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just downloaded new one for MY18, it is still SYNC 3.0, v3.0.21 build 19205 (currently I have 3.0.14 build 18093)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redden18 said:

Just downloaded new one for MY18, it is still SYNC 3.0, v3.0.21 build 19205 (currently I have 3.0.14 build 18093)

How to you find the full version number, mine only shows v3.0, and the Ford owners web site says that the v3.0 update is available.

Edited by 1004ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just updated mine v3.0 to v3.0  - took about 10 to 15 minutes and all that changed was the build number and it added Waze and Ford-Alexa

 

WTF can't Ford display the updates as v3.0.XX

Edited by 1004ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 1004ron said:

WTF can't Ford display the updates as v3.0.XX

 

I'd be happy if they just told users what an update includes.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 5:20 PM, 1004ron said:

How to you find the full version number, mine only shows v3.0, and the Ford owners web site says that the v3.0 update is available.

file Autoinstall.lst contains that info:

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G391-CE
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-CE.tar.gz
Item4 = JR3T-14G381-AS
Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AS.tar.gz
Item5 = JR3T-14G423-CB
Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-CB.tar.gz
Item6 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
Open6 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
Item7 = GB5T-14G386-AB
Open7 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AB.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall,Delay
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, redden18 said:

Here is everithing you need to upgrade from 3.0 to 3.4 as well as get new maps 1.18.

If you have 3.2 and higher the only thing is needed is step 3

 

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/upgrade-sync-3-v3-0-v3-4-instructions-458828/

 

 

Why would you risk installing a bootleg copy of the software and bricking your system?  I didn't see any new features, just a map update and a different look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an alert on the Ford app saying that there's a Sync 3 update for my Sport.

 

Anyone know what this latest update is about?

 

Only thing I see is Waze traffic alert support.

Edited by 1004ron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ever update from build 18093 to 19025?  If not that might be what the notification is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2020 at 7:08 AM, akirby said:

 

Why would you risk installing a bootleg copy of the software and bricking your system?  I didn't see any new features, just a map update and a different look.

First of all, I'm not forcing anyone to install it.

Second, it is not a bootleg copy, but fully legitimate copy of software which Ford is installing on MY19+ vehicles. The way we installing it is not completely legitimate though, but as I said nobody is forced.

Nice bonus of that is having latest maps available for SYNC 3 system for vehicles older than MY18 as Ford did not offered free maps udate for those vehicles which is a bummer!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 11:04 AM, 1004ron said:

Just got an alert on the Ford app saying that there's a Sync 3 update for my Sport.

 

Anyone know what this latest update is about?

 

Only thing I see is Waze traffic alert support.

Not many changes, basically bug fixes, maybe few new features.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, DaMiFo said:

Not sure of any plans of an official update, but yes if you have the correct files it will upgrade and work oerfectly fine. Our '19 Edge, a well as my '14 Edge and '17 Fusion are all running v3.4 without issue for a few weeks now. (My Fusion was given an upgraded gen4 APIM and my '14 Edge's SYNC3 gen3 APIM was formatted to take v3.2+)

Do you mind sharing how you updated your '14? I just did the Sync2 to 3 upgrade myself for my '14 and would like to do this as well.

 

Thanks!

 

Edit: NVM, think I figured it out. 

Edited by HUTCHRED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2020 at 8:47 PM, redden18 said:

First of all, I'm not forcing anyone to install it.

Second, it is not a bootleg copy, but fully legitimate copy of software which Ford is installing on MY19+ vehicles. The way we installing it is not completely legitimate though, but as I said nobody is forced.

 

It's a bootleg copy in that it isn't supplied by Ford or recommended for this specific vehicle, not that the software itself is pirated.     The point is if you brick the system you're on your own - that's a big risk for what seems like very little gain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×