Still not an Edge but nearly...

BeDevil79

Well I’ve been away from here for a few years (back in the UK for 5 1/2 years now actually!) and still not back in an Edge - we came close but the numbers didn’t work (they give really poor future values on credit for them here) so I got us into a 2017 Kuga (Escape) ST line and loving it so far. Maybe the next car will be an Edge, if only they sold the ST here...! The new 2020 Puma looks nice but too small, and not keen on the 2020 Kuga/Escape... Good to see this sites still going strong

B68BDC7F-DB86-494B-8F9F-3AC4D988EE56.jpeg

Edited by BeDevil79
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah it’s true, the Edge can’t be ordered new in the UK now, but it’s made the used prices go back up by about £2k from what I can see, they’re just a bit too expensive here! 

Kuga (Escape) sells A LOT more, ours is ST Line-X with every option except tow bar, and I had the deep impact blue as it’s the best colour and most ST looking - the UK one has full body kit the Escape doesn’t have afaik? It’s 2.0 diesel with 180hp, pretty quick but bad on fuel!

FC3DBB95-259F-49F4-94B9-3A789927C6F5.jpeg

A5F91BD5-E957-440F-8A96-E29AECBA75DE.jpeg

Edited by BeDevil79
Added pics

7 hours ago, BeDevil79 said:

Yeah it’s true, the Edge can’t be ordered new in the UK now, but it’s made the used prices go back up by about £2k from what I can see, they’re just a bit too expensive here! 

Kuga (Escape) sells A LOT more, ours is ST Line-X with every option except tow bar, and I had the deep impact blue as it’s the best colour and most ST looking - the UK one has full body kit the Escape doesn’t have afaik? It’s 2.0 diesel with 180hp, pretty quick but bad on fuel!

FC3DBB95-259F-49F4-94B9-3A789927C6F5.jpeg

A5F91BD5-E957-440F-8A96-E29AECBA75DE.jpeg

I think the UK and US have different definitions of "Bad on fuel"  what kinda mileage you get?

Edit: 47.9MPG !?!?!?!? idk what you complaining about...... our edge on E85 is averaging 17~18mpg.....

Edited by Special_K
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BeDevil79 said:

Real world it’s getting 28-30 ?

Is that your average?  if so thats still not horrible, if i were you though i would take a peak at the BMW 335D or if you need some cargo the X3 Diesel. I have a 335D and on the highway i average 42mpg on 40 cetane and about 48mpg on 50 cetane.

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

Since @BeDevil79 is talking about a UK spec vehicle, it is important to remember that the imperial (UK) gallons are not the same as US gallons – a UK gallon equals 4.55 litres while a US gallon equals 3.785 litres. So MPG numbers will be higher than in the US (~20% higher).

Ugh freedom units are so complicated.....we all just need to use metric....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Special_K said:

Is that your average?  if so thats still not horrible, if i were you though i would take a peak at the BMW 335D or if you need some cargo the X3 Diesel. I have a 335D and on the highway i average 42mpg on 40 cetane and about 48mpg on 50 cetane.

Ugh freedom units are so complicated.....we all just need to use metric....

Average yeah - not too bad I guess, I can live with it for the look of the car! Previous UK car (Citroen C4 Picasso) would get 45-50 and my other car (Mini Cooper D) does 62! But our 2013 Edge SEL 2.0EB used to get around 21 (18 US)

8 hours ago, David Young said:

Your steering wheel is on the wrong side :)

Lol, yes took a while to get used to again after living in Canada, but we stuck with Autos after having 3 there!

2798F8AA-31C6-4485-AEF5-465B46613B5F.jpeg

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, niceonept said:

That's ridiculous isn't it.....and doesn't Canada use kilometres rather than miles anyway?

Our window stickers show both since a lot are used to mpg still and you can set either on the gauges. You would just think if they advertise the Canadian mpg that's what the gauges would use, but nope.

21 hours ago, Perblue said:

Our window stickers show both since a lot are used to mpg still and you can set either on the gauges. You would just think if they advertise the Canadian mpg that's what the gauges would use, but nope.

And I thought we were the odd ones here in the UK still officially using miles, mph and mpg but selling fuel in litres!

Edited by niceonept

On 1/10/2020 at 3:58 AM, Perblue said:

What's even more confusing is in Canada our window sticker mpg is in imperial but our dashes calculate in US mpg.

With ForScan, I recall there is a setting in IPC to use imperial gallons. Also, usually such settings change with the country setting of the IPC, again using ForScan. Things that change with country for example, in US it says "Door Ajar" instead of "Door Open", "Hood Ajar" instead of "Bonnet Open".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, niceonept said:

That's ridiculous isn't it.....and doesn't Canada use kilometres rather than miles anyway?

canada is messed up with measurements. the other day my wife was buying fabric. it's 60" wide but the price is per meter length. i go to buy something and give the length in cm, the sales person asks what that is in inches. next place i go i figure i'll give them the length in inches and the salesperson says they sell by the meter. i tell the salesperson i would like half-a-kilo of whatever and they ask how many grams that is.

i have found that many people here don't even realize that there's a difference between Imperial and US Customary Units. when you go to the pub, they show the pints as 20 oz because Imperial gallons have 160 ounces. go to a bar and ask if the 9 oz glass of wine is imperial or US customary and they look at you like you have two heads on your shoulders. they have no clue.

the great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.

Edited by ben senise
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, omar302 said:

With ForScan, I recall there is a setting in IPC to use imperial gallons. Also, usually such settings change with the country setting of the IPC, again using ForScan. Things that change with country for example, in US it says "Door Ajar" instead of "Door Open", "Hood Ajar" instead of "Bonnet Open".

I'm pretty certain my Edge's settings are for Imperial gallons. I've not seen anything on the menu to select US gallons, the only other option being litres.

6 hours ago, niceonept said:

I'm pretty certain my Edge's settings are for Imperial gallons. I've not seen anything on the menu to select US gallons, the only other option being litres.

Try tracking your mileage, I bet it comes out closer to US mpg when compared to the gauges. They just don't specify that it is in US on the setting. One day I will correct it.

19 hours ago, Perblue said:

Try tracking your mileage, I bet it comes out closer to US mpg when compared to the gauges. They just don't specify that it is in US on the setting. One day I will correct it.

That's interesting. But if that's the case why would the owner's manual be quoting the fuel consumption figures in Imperial MPG? 

image.png.f626de991f2f897b29e62637794a7140.png

There is a massive difference between Imperial mpg and US mpg.

image.png.30513f32b881b3da2f513ff4c84fc014.png

Edited by niceonept

6 hours ago, niceonept said:

That's interesting. But if that's the case why would the owner's manual be quoting the fuel consumption figures in Imperial MPG? 

There is a massive difference between Imperial mpg and US mpg.

No idea but on a 20 hour drive my gauge said 32mpg. My receipts and mileage tracking calculated 38mpg. You can think I'm wrong but that's how mine is. Mine is an early model 2019, maybe they fixed it on later ones. Just realized your in Europe/UK also, I'm in Canada totally different market so that's a difference too and more likely to be set appropriately since most made for the North American market head to the US. Made me do a double take with the mileage you showed. That diesel really gets good mileage.

16 hours ago, Perblue said:

No idea but on a 20 hour drive my gauge said 32mpg. My receipts and mileage tracking calculated 38mpg. You can think I'm wrong but that's how mine is. Mine is an early model 2019, maybe they fixed it on later ones. Just realized your in Europe/UK also, I'm in Canada totally different market so that's a difference too and more likely to be set appropriately since most made for the North American market head to the US. Made me do a double take with the mileage you showed. That diesel really gets good mileage.

Are the diesel models not available in North America then?