New ST-Line

Xtra

Perhaps this is old news to some, but it is new to me, so I thought I would share it. In short, Ford is introducing the ST-Line to bring the looks of the Edge ST, but not its price or performance, to the standard Edge. The model includes sporty-looking body cladding, an ST-style grille, more aggressive side skirts, a set of gloss-black 20-inch wheels, and requisite ST-Line badging (so no one confuses it for a real ST). Like almost all other Edge models (sans the ST), the ST-Line relies on a 250-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four for motivation. Those horses are routed to the front wheels by way of an eight-speed automatic gearbox. All-wheel-drive, however, is an option. The Edge ST-Line will likely do the trick for those who care about looking like they drive a sporty crossover.  If you prefer value and sporty looks over actual performance, then this might be the Edge for you. 

12 hours ago, omar302 said:

The whole 1st Gen Edge Sport was mostly appearance trim. The significant performance upgrade of the Edge Sport/ST only started in 2015.

well the 3.7 vs the 3.5 was fairly significant. 20hp and nearly 30ft/lbs torque. Didn't help much in 0-60 but the 3.7 had a more sporty powerband. But yeah the 2.7 vs the 2.0 was a much bigger jump. 

10 hours ago, handfiler said:

ST vs ST-Line is kind of like German beer vs American beer. They look similar but one is much better. ?

? German megabrew vs American megabrew = German all day. But in terms of all beer (micro/macro breweries) Americans have the best beer in the world. 

1 hour ago, Fingernip said:

? German megabrew vs American megabrew = German all day. But in terms of all beer (micro/macro breweries) Americans have the best beer in the world. 

Well I really can't say because I don't drink beer. Eeeeew! 

Claude

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely wish you could get an ST Line Edge with the 2.7.  Give people a more powerful option but without all the extra bells and whistles that make the Edge ST more expensive.  A more lightweight version with just what most people can't live without and at the same time the option of a car that's a little more on the loaded side without being a chromed out Platinum trim level or loaded by default with the sticker price to go with it.  That said I LOVE my ST in all its glory...  just acknowledge that I probably would've gone for the lesser car if a bigger engine option had been available.