Extended Warranty Feedback

Hello, New Edge owner and first time poster. I have a 2017 Edge Tit. with 56K miles and am looking to add an extended warranty. I am curious if anyone has experience with an extended warranty covering the coolant leak/intrusion into the cylinders that requires a new long block? I am hoping to find someone who has had the repair done and had it covered by their warranty so I can make sure to purchase a similar one that I know will cover that repair should it happen. Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

The only extended warranty worth purchasing is the Ford ESP and I'm 99% sure that us covered.   You can see the list of parts covered at the Ford ESP website.

Ok, thanks for the info. I looked into the Ford ESP and it says its only for new vehicle purchases. I have contacted a dealership near me and they offer a warranty through Zurich. But the quote I got from Endurance seems better, 5 yr. 90k miles (Powertrain Plus/Secure Plus)  vs the 3 yr. 45k miles (Gold) from Zurich which cost more. They are both power-train warranties but I'm just nervous about all the verbiage in these contracts that could have one co. not cover it. You basically need to hire a lawyer to review these dang contracts, it's crazy. So that's why I'm looking for someone with actual experience dealing with this issue.

4 hours ago, 17titanium said:

Ok, thanks for the info. I looked into the Ford ESP and it says its only for new vehicle purchases. I have contacted a dealership near me and they offer a warranty through Zurich. But the quote I got from Endurance seems better, 5 yr. 90k miles (Powertrain Plus/Secure Plus)  vs the 3 yr. 45k miles (Gold) from Zurich which cost more. They are both power-train warranties but I'm just nervous about all the verbiage in these contracts that could have one co. not cover it. You basically need to hire a lawyer to review these dang contracts, it's crazy. So that's why I'm looking for someone with actual experience dealing with this issue.

I have the GWC aftermarket warranty and I'm extremely happy with it.  Only gripe is don't take it to a dealership because they'll rake you over the coals to make as much money on top of whatever the warranty work will cover, on purpose.  Take it to a reputable privately owned non-dealership and legit everything is covered with a $100 deductible.  RDU, ABS system, A/C work..all covered and fixed, $100 out of pocket.  Can't beat it.  

7 hours ago, 17titanium said:

Ok, thanks for the info. I looked into the Ford ESP and it says its only for new vehicle purchases.

Not true.  It just requires an inspection.  I’ve never heard of anyone unhappy with a Ford ESP repair.  I’ve heard many horror stories about non Ford warranties.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CrackedDSM said:

I have the GWC aftermarket warranty and I'm extremely happy with it.  Only gripe is don't take it to a dealership because they'll rake you over the coals to make as much money on top of whatever the warranty work will cover, on purpose.  Take it to a reputable privately owned non-dealership and legit everything is covered with a $100 deductible.  RDU, ABS system, A/C work..all covered and fixed, $100 out of pocket.  Can't beat it.  

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

8 hours ago, 17titanium said:

Oh, ok. I just found the website and input my car's info and it said it wasn't eligible and that it was for new car purchases with less than 40K miles. I'll give them a call and see what I can find out. Thanks again.

It’s probably a different plan name.  Check with Ford.

14 minutes ago, akirby said:

Not sure how that would work if an inspection is required.  Can any dealer do the inspection even if you're not buying it from them?

That's a great question. I went to the Lombard website and the prices there are definitely much lower than what they told me on the phone yesterday. I'm going to look into it. 

Mine has been in the dealership for 3 weeks now for the coolant problem. Said my premium extended warranty would cover the cost except for the $100 deductable. I was hesitant paying the $4100 for the warranty , but I'm glad I did . They're saying the cost of the engine replacement will be between $10 -$11000.  We'll see for sure when I get the car back [ hopefully tomorrow ] how the coverage really works. 

• 7 months later...

Wow, $1,800? I just plugged my brand new 21 ST into the site, and your coverage comes up as $3,565!

Power Train only, which covers engine, $2,770.

PennFed has Power Train and more for $995, zero deductible, 6yrs/100k miles. This is for new cars, also other options. Not sure who it is through, but 60 free look-over to cancel if don't like what you see.

Edited by MLTEdge

1 hour ago, MLTEdge said:

Wow, $1,800? I just plugged my brand new 21 ST into the site, and your coverage comes up as $3,565!

Power Train only, which covers engine, $2,770.

PennFed has Power Train and more for $995, zero deductible, 6yrs/100k miles. This is for new cars, also other options. Not sure who it is through, but 60 free look-over to cancel if don't like what you see.

Ziegler or Flood Ford have the best prices on ESPs.  

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd jump in here, after I got the financial manger to match the cost of the extended warranty, he wanted $100 for the inspection.

Car had just gotten a "TheWorks" oil change. They do a full inspection. Told him, he called service and accepted that as the inspection. (Two birds, one stone).

Also ask for him to sweeten the deal. He'll ask what, you say $0 deductable if you have all the service done at their dealership. (I've never been refused).

My car is a 2009 MKX and my PremiumCARE extended warranty runs for another year. (Hoping the water pump goes out. They've already replaced suspension parts and PTU).

• Like 1