2020 ST snow/ice

JohninTTown

14 hours ago, JohninTTown said:

They are 21-inch summer/performance. I guess I'm going to have to look for some winter tires. Any suggestions?

Tirerack.com sells complete winter wheel packages.  Great for someone who can swap their own wheels if that is the case with yourself.

As stated summer tires in winter climate...bad idea.  Can get yourself or someone else injured or killed.  I waited until the first snow fall to swap the wheels on my ride this year.  I have all season tires for non winter months.  I drove those in the fresh snow in December, than swapped to the winter wheels and took a drive in the same snow.  Night and day difference even just going from all-season to winter wheels.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, todd92 said:

Performance Summer tires are NOT all-season, they have zero traction in snow and ice.  You're lucky you haven't slid into a ditch.

winter tires are 1000x times better than summer performance tires (winter ice and snow).....its not even a debate.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 8:32 PM, JohninTTown said:

They are 21-inch summer/performance. I guess I'm going to have to look for some winter tires. Any suggestions?

I put Uniroyal Tiger Paw A/S on our Edge ST. They look nice, were the best compromise I could find based on price/reviews. As others have mentioned, you shouldn't even attempt to run the summer tires below like 45* F. And definitely not in snow/ice. ANY all season will be 100x better and a dedicated snow tire will be 1000x better. You could do an 18" winter package for not much more than you'd pay to replace the 21's with an all season. I thought about going that route, but the summer tires only have a 20k mile real world shelf life so I just opted to replace them with a 60k mile tire.