2016 Edge Sport - Shocks or Coilovers?

Arbee

Hey All,

So my Ford Edge Sport has a leaking shock, rear left. Ford quoted me 800aed per shock. Which is about the cost of a set of BC Racing Coilovers.

What would you suggest? Go to coilovers?

Has anyone made this change, what brand of coilover did you use and how is the comfort, drive etc?

Thanks,

Arbee

If you're not getting OEM, I'd suggest Bilstein. I don't recall anyone here having tried BC on an Edge.

Also, if the dealer is quoting you high prices, buy them online from the US and have them shipped over. 

Edit: Reading your introductory post, doesn't your Edge have an extended warranty? ESP? I was under the impression all GCC Ford vehicles from those years had them. If so, the shocks should be covered for 5 years or 100k KM. 

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, omar302 said:

If you're not getting OEM, I'd suggest Bilstein. I don't recall anyone here having tried BC on an Edge.

Also, if the dealer is quoting you high prices, buy them online from the US and have them shipped over. 

Edit: Reading your introductory post, doesn't your Edge have an extended warranty? ESP? I was under the impression all GCC Ford vehicles from those years had them. If so, the shocks should be covered for 5 years or 100k KM. 

I do have warranty, they advised that a leaking shock is wear and tear and is not covered under warranty.

45 minutes ago, Arbee said:

I do have warranty, they advised that a leaking shock is wear and tear and is not covered under warranty.

You need to check which ESP package you Edge has, if it is "PremiumCare" then the shocks should be included. I know dealers here like to charge customers extra. Maybe @Haz can help you see which package you have using your VIN. Or check you papers to see what warranty package was included when you purchased it. I remember on my Edge the service adviser told me that shocks/struts were included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omar302 said:

You need to check which ESP package you Edge has, if it is "PremiumCare" then the shocks should be included. I know dealers here like to charge customers extra. Maybe @Haz can help you see which package you have using your VIN. Or check you papers to see what warranty package was included when you purchased it. I remember on my Edge the service adviser told me that shocks/struts were included.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Service Plan is exhausted, i had the 3 year package for service only. Warranty is 5 year 100k. Probably not the best package. 

Edited by Arbee

On 10/18/2022 at 4:15 AM, omar302 said:

I was told that the rears are not covered under PremiumCARE. (Fronts are however). Rear shocks are designed to  wear out and that isn't covered. Think I spent somewhere around $150-$200 at dealer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enigma-2 said:

I was told that the rears are not covered under PremiumCARE. (Fronts are however). Rear shocks are designed to  wear out and that isn't covered. Think I spent somewhere around $150-$200 at dealer. 

Apparently I was mistaken. The website states "MacPherson Struts", no mention of "Shock Absorbers" and the brochure does mention "Shock Absorbers" as examples of repairs related to Maintenance that is NOT covered.

image.thumb.png.812fa115a1e744508c963742bd41b9a4.png

Seems my mistake is due to the mixup between PremiumCARE and the Premium Maintenance Plan where it is covered:

image.png.a1f0ec643d39382fbb26eb301ea7cf2a.png

• Like 1

I love my BIlstein B6 shocks on my 2016 Sport. I suggest getting a complete set of 4 to improve handling and the ride. They work with stock and H&R lowering Springs. 

https://www.shockwarehouse.com/index.cfm?mode=results&selected_model=523108&selected_year=2017&type=T&selected_make=Ford&model_name=Edge

"The B6 mono tube design eliminates aeration and keeps your Ford Edge tires glued to the road, and is the same shock used in NASCAR Super Trucks and SCORE and PRO-TRUCK competitions. Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects."

Part Number Position Package Qty    

22-283092_1.jpg
Bilstein 22-283092

Front Left

Regular Price: $139.00
Our Price: $118.00 each

Save 15%
Free Shipping

Bilstein Backorder. Call for availability.

22-283108_1.jpg
Bilstein 22-283108

Front Right

Regular Price: $139.00
Our Price: $118.00 each

Save 15%
Free Shipping

24-283113_1.jpg
Bilstein 24-283113

Rear

Regular Price: $128.00
Our Price: $109.00 each

Save 14%
Free Shipping

Complete Set Front and Rear
Bilstein B6
$534.00
$454.00 for the set of four.

Save 14%
Free Shipping

• Like 4

Thanks all. Just an update, confirmed with Al Tayer motors that the shocks are not covered under warranty. @Haz kindly sent me a load of info on my car and Al Tayer confirmed some of the TSB's were done, there is one that is remaining. They will complete that when the car goes in for the rear shocks, i have been given a good discount, just waiting for the shocks - 2 weeks wait.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...