LED conversion to all interior lights and liscence plate bulbs

Well, the slow boat finally got here yesterday. I installed the DX Festoons and they are really bright and very white. If you can wait a month, the DX 42mm Festoons are well worth $2.70 each. 15 bucks to convert all interior lights and license plate bulbs to LED!!!!

Patience is definitely a virtue with DX.

I've gotten into the habit of shipping everything that I get from China to work. Then, when it comes in a month later, it's like Christmas because I forgot all the crap I ordered :lol:

Reminds me, I have 12 CREE Q2 Emitters waiting to be put into the LED strips...

Hey Cal, have you seen anything on DX that you think might be a decent reverse LED? Gotta order a few Cree XML's anyway so I'm thinking of throwing in a few Reverse LEDS to try. By the way, great thread about the back-up light LEDs.

Problem is , they are too hit or miss. I'm actually happy with the V-LEDS ones currently.

I think a couple cree's in there would be badass though. Totally custom and as bright as you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the install, same issue 39mm only fits cargo light so im going to order 42mm.

Unfortunately one of the contacts broke off of the dome light and I will have to replace the light fixture itself anyone know where I can order the fixture?

Thanks

Check eBay, Junk yards then, move onto the dealer as your last resort.

I heard some noise about this being a part that is shared with other cars, you might want to check up on that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got some 39mm Festoons in the mail for my 2011 SEL and tried to install them. They fit the rear cargo light just fine but the round metal ends are way to small to fit tight in the rear dome. Where did I go wrong? I've got them working with a few wraps of good old aluminum foil but I'd rather order the right size.

never put aluminum foil just close the opening with a pair of plier

• 1 month later...

I just got the LEDs installed. The trickiest part is to get the second-row dome light out. As it turns out, you can just pull down the rear of the dome light (the side that faces the rear of the vehicle) with some force. Then slide the whole assembly out. From there, you can disconnect the power cable so that you can take the whole thing out. Then, remove the lense cover to gain access to the light bulbs. I used 39 mm Festoon LEDs. In some posts, ppl say that the connectors become too loosened once you remove the original bulb out. You can readjust this by squeezing the two prongs together by just using your fingers prior to putting the new LEDs in. Then reverse the steps to install.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is more of a DIY thread, but for those who may not want to spend the time or don't have the comfort level to tackle some of the heavier LED mods, I do offer plug and play LED lighting solutions for the Edge. Just click on my banner below to head to my website.

Wish I'da known that before I ordered them. Comfort me and tell me that they don't fit both generations... Maybe my ebay ones will suck. LOL