LED conversion to all interior lights and liscence plate bulbs

If they don't then you're only out $15.00. I'll knock off $5.00 on my LED Dome Light if you're not happy with the Chinese LEDs. Do you know what color LEDs you're getting? Most "white" LED replacement bulbs have a color between 6000K and 7000K, which has a bit of a blue tint or "coolness" to them. My LEDs are between 5000K and 5500K which is more of a true white color (if you can call white a color ;-).

No clue, but I'd like them to be about 5000k. Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely post some pics when I get them in and installed, although, it will be while I'm back at school, so there might be a slight delay. I saw on your site that you don't independently sell the license plate LED you offer for free with a purchase. Any chance I could get a hold of that should I end up ordering through you after all?

On another note, isn't white light the presence of all color light? :shades:

No clue, but I'd like them to be about 5000k. Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely post some pics when I get them in and installed, although, it will be while I'm back at school, so there might be a slight delay. I saw on your site that you don't independently sell the license plate LED you offer for free with a purchase. Any chance I could get a hold of that should I end up ordering through you after all?

On another note, isn't white light the presence of all color light? :shades:

I'll send along a set of the license plate LEDs when/if you order my LED Dome Light. No problemo.

My bad, got it backwards, black is the absence of color light.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just to add to this old thread, I recently did the LED conversion on my '13 Sport and it's totally worth it. The only drawback is people are constantly flashing me their high beams because they think mine are on. The only thing I can say really is screw 'em, I'm happy to be well lit.

Are you talking about the LED bars on the front, or did you mean HID headlights?

Edited by ls973800

Very cool. I was just saying I wanted to do this and here is all the info I need. Thanks.

What are "switchbacks"? I googled it and found this forums video, but I'm not clear. They are LED turn signal bulbs that light WHITE for park, but AMBER for turn? Correct?

Got all my LED lights in. Map lights are from Ebay, hence the lack of brightness. The rear dome and license plate lights are DTBL. Really happy with them. Thanks, Dan! Unfortunately, all these pictures are daytime pics.

20130223_110626_zpse97f7760.jpg

20130223_110901_zpsee9ef90f.jpg

IMG951855_zps25b28484.jpg

IMG951856_zps2a238a9b.jpg

IMG951858_zpse40c9fc5.jpg

IMG951853_zps7f47e7b9.jpg

20130324_135926_zpsddd2f88a.jpg

Very happy with Dan's response time and communication. The transaction went smoothly and I wish DTBL offered more lights for first gens.. LOL

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So i decided to re-do this post i wasn't happy with the wording

Hello all forum members just wanted to make a quick post of the LED's i used to convert all the bulbs on your edge. It's surprisingly easy and dirt cheap and looks amamzing!

Front map lights: 2 x 194 T10 LED Light Bulb

Rear passenger dome light: 3 x 39mm Festoon LED Dome Bulbs

Rear cargo light: 1 x 39mm Festoon LED Dome Bulbs

License plate (same as map lights Sylvania's website is incorrect) : 2pc 194 T10 LED Light Bulb

Now that’s where you could stop and you'd be all set but some Edge model have puddle lamps located underneath the mirrors. So here is a description on how to remove them as well as the correct bulb you will need.

With a flat head screw driver light press on the black tab and unit will drop out carefully twist it and play with it until it comes out. CAREFULLY remove the electrical contacts they are white metal and could break easily. Now use some acetone on a q-tip and place a small amount around the glued seam and use a utility knife (don't cut yourself) to cut the glue away it will be loosened by the acetone. Take the bulb out and install the new LED's. Make sure you test the bulbs before gluing the lens back on LED's only go in one way. Now use some super glue to re-attach the lenses and re install the puddle lamp and your done!

Puddle lamps: 2 x 35mm Festoon LED Light Bulbs

All my bulbs were purchased on Ebay for less than 15$ shipped to my door in Canada

Hope this helps

Matt Rochette

Is this the correct bulb to replace the puddle lights with ???? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Car-Festoon-12V-35mm-Dome-LED-Light-Bulb-White-F35W-/320605992534#vi-content

Very cool. I was just saying I wanted to do this and here is all the info I need. Thanks.

What are "switchbacks"? I googled it and found this forums video, but I'm not clear. They are LED turn signal bulbs that light WHITE for park, but AMBER for turn? Correct?

Correct. There are actually two types. Type 1 Switchbacks stay white when energized and switch between amber and white when the turn signal is activated. Type 2s kill the white light when the turn signal is activated.