LED conversion to all interior lights and liscence plate bulbs

Thanks Dingo

So thats 6 x .5w = 3w total

This light that has 8 5630 SMD LEDs might be brighter... http://www.ebay.com/itm/370806407784?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I looked up the output for each 5630 SMD LED and the 2 places I found any info says they are also .5w each...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/component-leds/samsung-natural-white-5630-smd-led/1385/

http://szgmled.en.alibaba.com/product/548656923-213446509/high_lumen_led_smd_5630_Top_100_led_.html

So that would be 8 x .5w = 4w total...

Now i guess that could be only for the 5630 leds that those sites sell but I would think all 5630's would be the same.

Right? or am i getting this all wrong?

What do you think Dingo?

Edited by Timmer

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am running 5W Cree-based festoons for rear dome & cargo, nice lights, but they do not use the reflector to its' fullest potential. Therein lies the problem. There ARE 360-degree or "corn" type festoons available, but I do not know how bright they really are.

Dan at DTBL specifically designed his lights to maximize potential in the Edge setup, and the results prove it.

A thread of possible interest to you: http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/12851-brightest-leds/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi, just joined. Getting a 2014 Limited in a few weeks. I want to LED the whole unit interior and exterior with quality bulbs. I have a few questions still. No one has mention anything about resistors being added anywhere. I recall recall that this was a big issue, is it still? Do the bulbs themselves now have them built in ? I believe this was a turn signal issue?

Can you increase the output of the reverse light to help brighten up while backing up?

I have heard that Phillips and Cree are good brands? Anyothers? I want quality not problems.

Can you update the fog light bulbs to HID quality? Unit is coming with stock HIDS.

Thank you

Can you increase the output of the reverse light to help brighten up while backing up?

Have you read all 5 pages of this topic? There is a link on page 5 that has pictures of the back up lights one owner installed. In post 88 on this page, click on the link. When you get to the post, look at post 18 to see the pictures.

Have you searched for any of your other questions? There are plenty of posts about the turn signal hyper-flash and possible solutions or work arounds.

The "fog-lights" aren't really fog-lights if you are referring to the vertical light bars in the front of the car. I know there is one 17 page post about them and how to wire up aftermarket lights. There are also other posts about the DRL's or daytime running lights which some owner's are converting these lights to.

Plenty of information on here if you just look for it.

Edited by ls973800

• 3 months later...
mathieurochette,

Thank you for posting this, I am new to the Forum as I am new to the Ford Edge. We just traded in a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS with 117,000 miles for the 2011 Ford Edge Limited. I have a blown Puddle light bulb and was searching how to change the bulb when I came across this LED replacement idea. I have been searching Ebay for the 35mm Festoon LED bulbs but can only find 36mm. Do you know if all the sizes you listed will work on the 2011 Ford Edge? Would you still have the links for all of the lamps you purchased on Ebay? Any help beyond what you have already provided would be great

Thanks again

Thanks to finding this post I was able to get the confidence to do mine also! Being a girl was a bit scared to redo the inside. It was a Breeze. The dome and map lights are like little puzzles just pull and find the tabs. On the map lights pull the aluminum and get a rubber grip anything and pull.

Thanks to finding this post I was able to get the confidence to do mine also! Being a girl was a bit scared to redo the inside. It was a Breeze. The dome and map lights are like little puzzles just pull and find the tabs. On the map lights pull the aluminum and get a rubber grip anything and pull.

• Like 1