MyFord Touch protective film?

superic911

Did you remove the protection film on both side, mine was really bad until I remove the protection on the viewing side once installed.

Ā 

Ā 

Duh! Boy do I feel dumb. I assumed that the detail shop had removed the protective film on both sides. No wonder it looked so bad. I have now removed the pinkish top film and everything looks good.

Wilsons, here is a picture of my "shopping cart" page; other than stating it's 8" I don't see any dimensions anywhere. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail; paid by PayPal; not sure if that's why so I guess I will have to wait until I get it to see what the measurements actually are!

Ā 

Ā 

OK, I see now that if you select "by Manufacturer and drill down to Ford / 2011 Edge, that is what you get.

I selected the Custom Size Product list button on the same form. It had only a few choices and one of them is the 2011 Edge

Ā 

Thanks for clearing this up for me Wilsons. I guess I didn't think it was necessary to go to the Custom Size button when what i was looking for came up under the By Manufacturer button. :headscratch:

Received and installed the NuShield today. Ordered the 175 X 105, fit was not bad, would have preferred that it had been a couple mm taller making it 175 X 107. However, once installed and in use can't tell that it is there. The width (175) is about as wide as it can go and still be semi easily removed.

Ā 

Cleaning the screen and being as careful as I could I still had to lift up the screen and use tape to remove a couple of specks of something.

Ā 

Well worth the money, delivery is quick, installation fairly quick (comes with 2 adhesive tabs on the protective layer to tell you which one to remove first and makes removal easy) and almost perfect fit.

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry it took me so long to write back on the installation of my screen. I had purchased the LARGER size (I dont see it available anymore in the drop downs).

Anyway, The screen film covers the ENTIRE screen and goes under the corners and just over the plastic border.

Ā 

After a good cleaning with the vendors supplied wipe and a cleaning with their little blue cloth, I gave it a good blast of compressed air from an air can to remove any residual dust.

My film didnt come with the tabs that some people mentioned, but it did have the one side with clear plastic and the other with pink plastic film.

I pealed off the clear, then angled the bottom left corner into the bottom left under the rounded corner. I then questimated the level using the bottom plastic and bent in the film to complete the bottom, leaving the three other corners outside the plastic surrounding cover. I then started the top left corner and let it slide under the plastic cover. Then walked the film pushing air out to the right. Next peel back the top right corner just a little and put some scotch tape between the pink film and the protective film WITH THE STICKY side towards the pink side. Now put the bottom right corner under the corner. Then the top left corner. Now slowly start to peel back the pink film AND looking from an angle look for air bubbles, if you see some, put the pink back and with your finger work the area of the bubble to the closest edge from middle of screen out. Then peel the pink back again looking for more bubbles, each time a little further, getting rid of bubbles along the way. Dont scrape with credit card on the protective film, just use your finger on the pink plastic. It will work just fine.

Ā 

When it is all done you should have a perfect fit with no bubbles. I cannot see ANY edges of the film. The edges are all under the plastic.

Ā 

If you are one for small details I recommend getting the larger size. It looks STOCK and not like an add-on. My pictures were really blurry for before and after and I dont want to post them but I did post a picture of my ordering packing slip and the bag that the film came in, so you can see part numbers and all, if you want to order this spec.

Also look up my earlier post for additional information.

post-10023-007085300 1288467281_thumb.jpg

Great review mleber! I got mine a few days ago and installed it yesterday. It was pretty simple and I just used the blue cloth to move the few bubbles out of the way after I peeled off the pink plastic. It looks pretty good. Mine didn't go quite underneath the frame but it's pretty darn close. I measured it and it was 175 mm x 105 mm. I'm kind of surprised that a company in the U.S. would even use mm for a measurement. I've attached a copy of my packing slip. They seem to be making the ordering process sort of complicated for the same film. :banghead:

post-10999-050337200 1288482832_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trisha07.07.07

I received my shield yesterday and let me say I am far from impressed! The film was already pretty scratched (similar to old and scratched headlight lenses) and had a small pink tint that renders the colors from the screen dull and pinkish. I did not install that crap and I will contact nuShield for a full refund. Right now I prefer my screen to be full of fingerprints than to be all foggy and pink. Big thumbs down.

Ā 

EDIT: Turned out I hadn't read the manual. :doh: I had to remove the protective films. See post #62 for my real comments.

Edited by HalBran

I received my shield yesterday and let me say I am far from impressed! The film was already pretty scratched (similar to old and scratched headlight lenses) and had a small pink tint that renders the colors from the screen dull and pinkish. I did not install that crap and I will contact nuShield for a full refund. Right now I prefer my screen to be full of fingerprints than to be all foggy and pink. Big thumbs down.

Before you bash something, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. there is a film on the FRONT and the BACK for protection. the clear film is on the tacky (sticky side) and the pink in on the side that is exposed to you. Read the instructions, then read my item a few lines up and you will have a PERFECT and CLEAR and NON scratch surface.

Ā 

Do you really think that they would sell you a pink screen?

Ā 

Give it another try, then call them if you are still unhappy.

Ā 

Ā 

Read post #52 above then go pull the pink film off.

Edited by curlysir

Ā 

:banghead: RTFM!! Guess I was in a hurry to ride my new Edge and " forgot" to read the instructions!

Ā 

Thanks for pointing that out.

Ok, after finally reading the instructions :doh: , I was able to properly install the NuShield protective shield. Installation was quick and easy. Couldn't test it in broad daylight but glare and espcially finger prints seems to be reduced. At this point I cannot comment on brightness or contrast differences.

Ā 

Recommend.

OK have had my NuShield on for 3 days now.

Ā 

Pro-works great for finger prints

Ā 

CONS- it has a gloss finish. This bad! I can see the reflection of the rear right window and handle. If someone is in the Passager seat I can see their face in the screen. When I have the radio screen on and with the black background reflections are even worse.

Ā 

Wasn't this sheild suppose to be a matte finish that reduce glare?

I have a new 2011 MKX and was wondering if this film will fit it. I will measure the screen tomorrow morning, but I am assuming it is the same as the screen size in the Edge. Also, did you folks ever decide whether we should go with the 175 X 105 size or the bigger size?

Ā 

Thanks

I have a new 2011 MKX and was wondering if this film will fit it. I will measure the screen tomorrow morning, but I am assuming it is the same as the screen size in the Edge. Also, did you folks ever decide whether we should go with the 175 X 105 size or the bigger size?

Ā 

Thanks

Your screen is the same as the Edge. The film designated for the Edge works just fine

If you are one for small details I recommend getting the larger size. It looks STOCK and not like an add-on. My pictures were really blurry for before and after and I dont want to post them but I did post a picture of my ordering packing slip and the bag that the film came in, so you can see part numbers and all, if you want to order this spec.

Also look up my earlier post for additional information.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi..

Ā 

Just sent Nushield a message with your invoice # asking to tell me how to order this exact spec. I want the bigger option.

We will see..Thanks

S

I installed mine and it came out perfect. Thanks for the tip to blow any dust off with a can of compressed air.

Ā 

I also ordered and installed from Invisible Mask clear protective film for the headlights and lower bumper. The light kit came with film for the verticle LED lights as well. Light kit was easy to install. The lower bumper kit was more difficult, but I got the hang of it and am very pleased with it. They cut the film perfectly for the 2011 Edge and it goes from wheel well to wheel well for total protection. Doing it myself saved a few hundred dollars.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got my NuShield the other day. Installed it and it looks great. Great fit.

Ā 

Is it just my imagination or does the difference in contrast/glare cutting make the screen respond a little better?? Maybe its all psychological but it sure seems much more responsive than before.

• 1 month later...

Based on this forum thread I purchased NuShield display protection. It has been on for about three weeks now and I'm glad to have found a protective screen film for something that has to be poked at as often as the MyFord Touch. I've installed protective film on several iPads and smartphones over the years and this film is even easier to install. The finger prints are still there, but less visible and it has cut down on side glare, but I bought it more for the protection feature. The Dealers could buy this film and install it as a bonus item.

Ā 

ORDER DETAILS:

Item: NU380A

Quantity: 1

Description: NuShield DayVue for 8" displays

Film Type: DayVue - 7.00

NU380A - 10.00

Price (each): 17.00

Item Total: 17.00

Ā 

NuShield, Inc.

2865 S Eagle Rd, #400

Newtown, PA 18940-1546 USA

http://www.NuShield.com

support@NuShield.com

Phone/Fax: (877) 900-9192 Toll Free

(215) 500-6426

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Edge that I purchased in April of this year. The buttons on the MyTouch were always clunky and slow to respond but then the center buttons stopped responding all together. When I took to the Dealer they said that they would need to reprogram. That didn't work so they removed the screen and found that it was damaged. They said that it was abused and that Ford would not cover replacement. All I ever did was try to push the buttons to answer phone, select radio station etc. I have an iphone and ipad so I know how a touch screen should work. The screen that Ford is using in the MyFord Touch system is very fragile and easy to damage and I doubt that a screen protector will really help. I'm going to pay $650 for a new screen because I have no choice, there are many things that can't be done without the screen.

I have an Edge that I purchased in April of this year. The buttons on the MyTouch were always clunky and slow to respond but then the center buttons stopped responding all together. When I took to the Dealer they said that they would need to reprogram. That didn't work so they removed the screen and found that it was damaged. They said that it was abused and that Ford would not cover replacement. All I ever did was try to push the buttons to answer phone, select radio station etc. I have an iphone and ipad so I know how a touch screen should work. The screen that Ford is using in the MyFord Touch system is very fragile and easy to damage and I doubt that a screen protector will really help. I'm going to pay $650 for a new screen because I have no choice, there are many things that can't be done without the screen.

If you haven't been smacking the screen with your fists, I would protest the $650 charge to fix it.

The dealership can work a bit harder to get it coded as a warranty fix.

I've had a NuShield on my screen for a year now, and I think it's a very worthwhile investment. It's still scratch-free and hasn't peeled up or bubbled or lost adhesion. Quality product. I bought the slightly smaller one because I'm traditionally hard on screen protecters so I figured I'd want one that was easier to replace once I ruined it. No problems so far though!