MyFord Touch protective film?

superic911

I just got my DayVue film and rushed to install it while the sun was still shining.

I've installed film on all kinds of devices and was happy that this Installation was VERY simple and easy compared to others.

I cleaned my screen, used a piece of packing tape to peel the clear backing off and laid the film in place.

The 174x104 size was perfect. Just enough gap around the edges.

When trying to peel off the pink protective film on the front (I stuck packing tape to the pink film to help in peeling it off), I ended up pulling the DayVue film off my Touch screen. No problem putting it back on, just be careful to hold the film in place while peeling off the protective pink film.

That's it. It took me all of 30 seconds to install.

While I haven't had much time to use it, I have determined that fingerprints are hard to come by, colors are more vibrant, and the glare is decreased quite a bit.

I think everyone will be happy with the results. I am!

Check out my before and after pics

thanks Wilson, I ordered some about 2 days ago, would never have guessed it made that much difference, that makes me feel a lot better. and congrats on the Grand Child, the new Edge and the progress detailing it. Ah Life is Good, and you are getting a bunch of that goodness.

I just got my DayVue film and rushed to install it while the sun was still shining.

I've installed film on all kinds of devices and was happy that this Installation was VERY simple and easy compared to others.

I cleaned my screen, used a piece of packing tape to peel the clear backing off and laid the film in place.

When trying to peel off the pink protective film on the front (I stuck packing tape to the pink film to help in peeling it off), I ended up pulling the DayVue film off my Touch screen. No problem putting it back on, just be careful to hold the film in place while peeling off the protective pink film.

While I haven't had much time to use it, I have determined that fingerprints are hard to come by, colors are more vibrant, and the glare is decreased quite a bit.

I prefer to listen to Fox over CNN :) but nice job and thank you for the pictures. Well done!

Interesting - when I ordered mine today, it's coming up as "174 x 105 DayVue for Ford Edge 2011". Guess they decided to add a millimeter.

And mleber, thanks for the discount code.

I readily admit I'm not that computer literate....but I looked at that site 6 ways to Sunday when I was ordering mine and I didn't see any measurements anywhere! Maybe I need glasses lol I'm going to have to measure it when I get it.

Thanks for this review, I just ordered mine as well!

I readily admit I'm not that computer literate....but I looked at that site 6 ways to Sunday when I was ordering mine and I didn't see any measurements anywhere! Maybe I need glasses lol I'm going to have to measure it when I get it.

The size is shown in the shopping cart.

I also noticed that my confirmation eMail had the dimensions on it.

The package I got yesterday also had the dimensions on it.

Edited by wilsons66604

Thanks for posting the pics. The anti-glare and anti-fingerprint features look great.

While I think the end result is worth it, I must say I do not care for the "gap around the edges." I would want the film to cover the entire visible window so there is no gap.

Anyone purchase the bigger size? And install? And could post pics?

Thanks.

Thanks for posting the pics. The anti-glare and anti-fingerprint features look great.

While I think the end result is worth it, I must say I do not care for the "gap around the edges." I would want the film to cover the entire visible window so there is no gap.

Thanks.

Hey MoveOver! I can't tell that there is a gap on the edge. I only notice it when I look at my wonderful pictures!

Thanks.

I ordered the larger screen after measuring with calipers last week. I will post some pics before and after when it gets here and is installed.

I ordered the larger screen after measuring with calipers last week. I will post some pics before and after when it gets here and is installed.

So what was the exact size that you measured, I installed the 104 version and there is only the smallest of gap, I believe someone that started this thread did the 108 version and it went behind the bezel a bit, but that sounds like what most of you might want...

So what was the exact size that you measured, I installed the 104 version and there is only the smallest of gap, I believe someone that started this thread did the 108 version and it went behind the bezel a bit, but that sounds like what most of you might want...

First, the corners rounded so that is not a good location to measure. I used the middle of each screen axis to measure. I came up with 176mm X 107mm.

When I placed my order I chose the Ford, Sync Display 178 x 108mm (will list description below from the order email returned to me).

ORDER DETAILS:

Item: Special1

Quantity: 1

Description: 177 x 107 DayVue for Ford Sync Display 178 x 108 mm R16200035800000 Special Offer: Klear Screen - 1.99 Film Type: DayVue

You will see that it looks like they are sending a 177 X 107. This will go under the corner plastic, so it might be a little tricky to get all 4 into the corners properly before sticking. I will detail the install pains when I actually get the film and install.

I am a bit disappointed with my purchase. I received it a few days ago. Took my edge in today to a detail shop (classic appreciation in Birmingham Mich) to have their new vehicle protection package. Had them install the protective film. I had never even opened the package, yet the film had scratches all over it. Looked terrible so I removed it.

But my Edge looks awesome after a day at the spa....

I am a bit disappointed with my purchase. I received it a few days ago. Took my edge in today to a detail shop (classic appreciation in Birmingham Mich) to have their new vehicle protection package. Had them install the protective film. I had never even opened the package, yet the film had scratches all over it. Looked terrible so I removed it.

But my Edge looks awesome after a day at the spa....

Did you remove the protection film on both side, mine was really bad until I remove the protection on the viewing side once installed.

The size is shown in the shopping cart.

I also noticed that my confirmation eMail had the dimensions on it.

The package I got yesterday also had the dimensions on it.

Wilsons, here is a picture of my "shopping cart" page; other than stating it's 8" I don't see any dimensions anywhere. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail; paid by PayPal; not sure if that's why so I guess I will have to wait until I get it to see what the measurements actually are!

NuShield.doc

Wilsons, here is a picture of my "shopping cart" page; other than stating it's 8" I don't see any dimensions anywhere. I didn't get a confirmation e-mail; paid by PayPal; not sure if that's why so I guess I will have to wait until I get it to see what the measurements actually are!

OK, I see now that if you select "by Manufacturer and drill down to Ford / 2011 Edge, that is what you get.

I selected the Custom Size Product list button on the same form. It had only a few choices and one of them is the 2011 Edge

post-9129-059445400 1287768152_thumb.jpg

It depends how you add to cart.

If you do it as for a 'regular' product, and not from the custom size product list then it will read:

NU380A

NuShield DayVue for 8" displays

Film Type: DayVue™

If you do it from the custom size product list then it will read:

Special1

175 x 105 (Rad: .1in. <1,1,1,1>) DayVue for Ford Edge 2011 R15E0003480078A

Film Type: DayVue

Ford->2011 Edge option is present in both cases. I guess it's the same size film... hopefully ;)

edit:

He he I just noticed I 'confirmed' what wilson66604 said in the previous post :D

Edited by dr00x

Interesting - when I ordered mine today, it's coming up as "174 x 105 DayVue for Ford Edge 2011". Guess they decided to add a millimeter.

And mleber, thanks for the discount code.

I have one in the cart about to order and the size is now "175 x 105 (Rad: .1in. <1,1,1,1>) DayVue for Ford Edge 2011 R15E0003480078A".

I selected this by Manufacturer / Model.

Edited by curlysir

So which should I buy? NU380A (8"displays) or Special1 (175 x 105)?

Hopefully these would avoid the gaps.

I think they are both the same, but I went with the 175 X 105 just to be sure. I played with their website and you can get the 308A to come up several ways and I thought I got the size my going through Manufacture/Model but the next time I tried it I got the 308A.

Hopefully when enough orders are received we can clear up the confusion.

I think they are both the same, but I went with the 175 X 105 just to be sure. I played with their website and you can get the 308A to come up several ways and I thought I got the size my going through Manufacture/Model but the next time I tried it I got the 308A.

Hopefully when enough orders are received we can clear up the confusion.

My guess is that they are the same also. The guy has updated his website since we've been ordering so many in the past week. You no longer need to go to the Special section.

Is the 8" screen just touch screen or we can swipe it like the ipod ?

It's not multi-touch or capacitive like the iPhone. It's touch like an old Palm device you could use a stylus with. The tip of your finger poking it will get you better results.

The lower controls around the big knob are capacitive like the iPhone. The pad of your finger pressing will work better.

I hope I explained that well. It made sense in my brain when it was explained to me, but I'm a little off. wacko.gif