2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

It looks like I'm bleeding edge now :rockon: I just had service on Thursday and I'm now running MFT 2.7. It is a LOT faster then before, but I'm coming from 1.8. I waited until a standard service and until all of you beta tested :yup: to get everything taken care of.

Ā 

What I've noticed so far:

Ā 

Sync Services are enabled for Canada, I don't think we can do anything with it, but I can connect and listen to their demo. Haven't tested anything as I didn't know how to use it, it said I had to sign up on line, but I've got everything configured that I can do for Canada.

Ā 

Lost phone pairing with my BB 9000 for the first time ever just this morning. It was the first remote start I've done since the update, so this may be related.

Ā 

When using voice commands for NAV, when complete, it then turned my AM radio on. Only happened once/twice that I remember, but haven't really tested further to see if this issue still exists.

Ā 

Voice commands seem to work better. It now accepts "navigation destination POI", before it would only use "...Point of Interest".

Ā 

Fonts for some items are too big i.e. Climate temp gets cut off on passenger side and overlaps heated seat on driver side.

Ā 

Everything seems a bit clearer. Perhaps related to the font change above.

Ā 

NAV doesn't appear to dropout as it did before, where for no reason it would lose its link and have to recalculate where you were...this always seemed to happen just before an important turn. I'm glad to see that on gone.

Ā 

Generally much more responsive.

Ā 

I didn't lose my SAT radio presets, but everything else was cleared. I thought the radio would be the first to go. It makes me wonder if the update was done right. Possibly they are stored int he SAT radio module and not on the MFT. I didn't think to check my AM/FM stations.

Ā 

I think that is it so far, I'll let you guys know if I notice anything else. I haven't spent much time just playing with it, I've only just setup my phone and then normal usage.

Ā 

Cheers!

Just received a letter from Ford. Going in on Friday for a MyTouch update "Customer Satisfaction Program 10B20" Letter says about a half day to service it

I got mine as well.

It's so nice of them to do it free of charge! :doh:

Ā 

I wonder what the update is and why are they sending letters out and calling it "Customer Satisfaction Program" ? Is this common for Ford?

I just found this letter but no details on what is fixed

Update: this link is the letter sent to dealerships

Edited by wilsons66604

I got mine as well.

Ā 

I wonder what the update is and why are they sending letters out and calling it "Customer Satisfaction Program" ? Is this common for Ford?

My letter was not quite the same as yours. But pretty much says the same thing. I'll find out on Friday just what is improved (hopefully)

The link to the letter is the letter sent to dealerships.

I'm taking mine in Thursday

Ā 

I feel left out :cry: No LETTER!

Ā 

Maybe tomorrow. If not, Guess I will have to call my "LOVELY" service rep at the dealer and see if he knows anything and if he will admit to it if he does :rant: .

Ā 

I really need a fix for the calendar and clock. My system has a date of November 4, 2030 and therefore the clock is off by an hour.

I feel left out :cry: No LETTER!

Ā 

Maybe tomorrow. If not, Guess I will have to call my "LOVELY" service rep at the dealer and see if he knows anything and if he will admit to it if he does :rant: .

Ā 

I really need a fix for the calendar and clock. My system has a date of November 4, 2030 and therefore the clock is off by an hour.

I don't think you need the letter to get the service done.

I don't think you need the letter to get the service done.

Ā 

Probably not, but I still am going to pout about it :baby:

Ā 

Anyway, after the last cluster *&%$ I am not going to be a BETA tester for this one :wacko: . After I find out a few more details and see how the updating goes I will go for it :hyper: .

Probably not, but I still am going to pout about it :baby:

Ā 

Anyway, after the last cluster *&%$ I am not going to be a BETA tester for this one :wacko: . After I find out a few more details and see how the updating goes I will go for it :hyper: .

Ā 

Aw Curlysir, I was waiting for you to go first!!!

Look at post # 381 (letter sent to the dealers)

Ā 

Sorry, I meant a copy of the customer letter. The dealer letter says that the customer letters started going out in January?? I also have not received a letter. Also do not want to be the "beta" tester, although I am sick of yelling at my voice command lady all the time..

Aw Curlysir, I was waiting for you to go first!!!

Ā 

First is not always best as I learned the hard way. :hysterical:

Ā 

Last time (update to 2.3) was not fun. I was one of the first (I actually think the first) that the dealer did. They kept the car for 3 days the first attempt before they gave up and sent me home with a non functional MFT. Only control I had for temp and radio was through the dash panel and steering wheel. It was over 2 weeks before the dealer finally figured out how to do the upgrade and it still took him 6 hours to get everything working.

Ā 

I will get it done as soon as I read about a few successful installations, although I do believe the dealer has the procedure worked out now. The dealer actually has a very good tech, I met and talked to him during the previous sessions, and most of the problems were with the Ford server. Once that was straighten out it went fairly smooth.

tpm419419

That is the same letter that I received last week. I am currently waiting on an answer from the dealership before I proceed with any updates. I am currently running version 2.4 with a new APIM installed last December. I have had no major problems. MFT works just fine some days and some days it is slow as molasses.

tpm419419

That is the same letter that I received last week. I am currently waiting on an answer from the dealership before I proceed with any updates. I am currently running version 2.4 with a new APIM installed last December. I have had no major problems. MFT works just fine some days and some days it is slow as molasses.

I am not having any issues as well. There are days when it is really cold that the system lags but nothing major. The last dealer update increased my phone pairing considerably. I think it would only help so I'll give it a go

Ford service manager from my dealership just called me and said that customer satisfaction program 10B20 update is a newer version from my 2.4. He said that Ford technicians were at the dealership last Friday and that there are at least two more updates coming real soon after this one. The manager told me that Ford is working diligently on getting the MFT to work like is was originally intended. Lets hope they follow through with this.

Ā 

He wanted to know when I wanted to bring it in and I told him that I would bring it in around the first of April as I will be ready for an oil change then. This will give them a chance to work out any install bugs before they do mine.

UPDATE: I tried to pair to my phone during lunch today and Sync showed up on my BT list as "BCM4325D1 26 MHz" instead of "Sync"

Odd. but it works! :doh:

Ā 

That Number you're seeing is basically a MAC Address. It may work for a short period of time but usually doesnt last. You're module needs to be reset. You can do this simply by disconnecting the battery for 5 min. While that is disconnected delete SYNC from your paired devices on the phone. When the battery is reconnected and you start the car it will show system maintenace being done. Once that is finished go to the bluetooth settings and delete your phone from there. THEN re-pair your phone. If it happens again, then you need the software overwrite, there is a recall for it. If that doesn't work then you need the APIM replaced ( that is your screen unit).

Edited by Reemus

I got mine as well.

Ā 

Update: this link is the letter sent to dealerships

Ā 

The update or Customer Satisfaction Letter refers to a software overwrite, kind of like upgrading from WindowsXP to Windows7. This is a "firmware" update so it "burns" the new program into the unit. It cannot be reversed once it is done. Please make note...IF your system is working perfectly...I would ask your dealer IF you should do it or not. How long will update be available if you want to wait to see if it ever starts to act up? Your system could last forever without a hitch but as you upgrade your phone or other devices you could bring the MyTouch down as well. This update "generally" works but has crashed some APIMs and then that has to be replaced. The fix is to try and fix the screen freezing, going black or white and resolve some intermittent voice calling issues like people on other end not hearing you or vice versa.

Edited by Reemus

The update or Customer Satisfaction Letter refers to a software overwrite, kind of like upgrading from WindowsXP to Windows7. This is a "firmware" update so it "burns" the new program into the unit. It cannot be reversed once it is done. Please make note...IF your system is working perfectly...I would ask your dealer IF you should do it or not. How long will update be available if you want to wait to see if it ever starts to act up? Your system could last forever without a hitch but as you upgrade your phone or other devices you could bring the MyTouch down as well. This update "generally" works but has crashed some APIMs and then that has to be replaced. The fix is to try and fix the screen freezing, going black or white and resolve some intermittent voice calling issues like people on other end not hearing you or vice versa.

Ā 

Really don't think this is a firmware upgrade, but I agree it is not reversible. Eventually (sooner then later) XP will become obsolete and you will have to update. And if you want to get the full benefit of the MFT system you will have to update it eventually. These updates do add improvements and make the system better. Yes there have been problems but Ford does seem to have most of the bugs out of the update process.

Ā 

I upgraded to 2.4 and will upgrade to the 2.7 and later to get the full benefits of the system. I believe the upgrade is good through January 2012 so there is time to watch how it goes.

Really don't think this is a firmware upgrade, but I agree it is not reversible. Eventually (sooner then later) XP will become obsolete and you will have to update. And if you want to get the full benefit of the MFT system you will have to update it eventually. These updates do add improvements and make the system better. Yes there have been problems but Ford does seem to have most of the bugs out of the update process.

Ā 

I upgraded to 2.4 and will upgrade to the 2.7 and later to get the full benefits of the system. I believe the upgrade is good through January 2012 so there is time to watch how it goes.

Ā 

Agreed sooner or later it needs to be. But some people we are experiencing now say system works great BUT it now does something it didnt do before and that is annoying them, for example if your radio was off when you make or get a call, end the call and it should shut back off. On some it doesnt. Whole system is working better than ever EXCEPT that. Now some customers are like WTF I dont like that...I cant change it and I cant reverse the update.. The reason it also takes so long is because the technician has to log into Ford and the update is done online...very slow and tedious. IF the install crashes it tends to take the APIM with it. If dealer doesnt have an APIM sitting there he now has to rush one in...customer is toast until it gets switched out.

Agreed sooner or later it needs to be. But some people we are experiencing now say system works great BUT it now does something it didnt do before and that is annoying them, for example if your radio was off when you make or get a call, end the call and it should shut back off. On some it doesnt. Whole system is working better than ever EXCEPT that. Now some customers are like WTF I dont like that...I cant change it and I cant reverse the update.. The reason it also takes so long is because the technician has to log into Ford and the update is done online...very slow and tedious. IF the install crashes it tends to take the APIM with it. If dealer doesnt have an APIM sitting there he now has to rush one in...customer is toast until it gets switched out.

Ā 

What an awful way for any company to conduct any type of computerized update.