2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

Do not click on Add a phone. Simply open the phone controls (top left of the 4 color corner options) once u open the phone options you should see connect phone. Click on Connect phone and you should be good to go. Once in a while I need to do this with my iPhone 4

Been there and done that. I cannot connect a phone when the only option is to Disconnect. The main menu says "Connect a Phone:, but when I go to the phone screen and select my phone, the "Connect" is grayed out. I tried disconnecting, then selecting Connect, but it gets hung up. I literally have to delete phone, turn off car, turn off, unpair sync on my phone, turn off bluetooth on phone, restart car, pray that it doesnt re-add my phone automatically, then add phone. Happens every two weeks or so. I have had this car since October, phone since beginning of January. This is what works for me and I am sticking with it, until Ford fixes it. I am not holding my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been to the dealer and both them and mysync site shows no upgrade available. Is this possible or are they both incorrect somehow.

This is what I have now, should it not be "BE" and V2.4? And if so, how do I convince the dealer to upgrade?

BT4T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V2.3 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 1/26/2011

Been there and done that. I cannot connect a phone when the only option is to Disconnect. The main menu says "Connect a Phone:, but when I go to the phone screen and select my phone, the "Connect" is grayed out. I tried disconnecting, then selecting Connect, but it gets hung up. I literally have to delete phone, turn off car, turn off, unpair sync on my phone, turn off bluetooth on phone, restart car, pray that it doesnt re-add my phone automatically, then add phone. Happens every two weeks or so. I have had this car since October, phone since beginning of January. This is what works for me and I am sticking with it, until Ford fixes it. I am not holding my breath.

Open the phone controls on top left of screen, do not click on Add a phone. You then click on your phone first and then Connect

Also, aren't we supposed to be able to down load our songs into the computers hard drive rather then having to play them via BT? I can't get my photo's from my phone book to download or ringtones either. My Driver 1 seat selection was working but now it's not. I have spent hours setting things up and still have these small things to iron out but I LOVE MY CAR!!

:wacko: No more downloading to a hard drive as in the past. This is holding me from going for a Edge or MKX for now. Mayve they will go back to Old school, and give those of us that want it, hard drive options. My wife's 09 MKS has the hqrd drive, and we love it. You can download an entire CD in about 8 minutes, can crate playlists, whatever you like. I don't want to have to download cd's to a mp3 player or stick !

:wacko: No more downloading to a hard drive as in the past. This is holding me from going for a Edge or MKX for now. Mayve they will go back to Old school, and give those of us that want it, hard drive options. My wife's 09 MKS has the hqrd drive, and we love it. You can download an entire CD in about 8 minutes, can crate playlists, whatever you like. I don't want to have to download cd's to a mp3 player or stick !

Not happening. It's not actually Ford - it's either Clarion or Pioneer who makes the Nav head unit. The old ones used a hard drive to store the maps and Ford took advantage of the extra storage for the jukebox. The new units are SD card based - no more hard drives. Assuming you own a computer - it's just as easy to rip the cds to the computer, then copy to a usb stick. With the added advantage of being able to make your own meta tags and being able to reload and change the songs any time you want.

Every two weeks or so my phone (Droid X) seems to lose its connection. It says "Connect A Phone", but when I go to the screen it shows it as connected. I try to disconnect, delete, etc. Its very frustrating to have to go through quite a number of steps to delete the phone (unpair the sync on my phone, turn off bluetooth on phone, turn off car, open door, etc... you get the picture!). The phone should not lose its connection every two weeks! Anyone else have this problem?

I had the APIM replaced about a month ago and I see absolutely no difference. Its clunky and unreliable. Funny, I have not had any system reboot since I got the new APIM. I am almost wishing for one. I refuse to go in the fuse box.

Another thing I found recently - my Droid X can receive text messages in my husband's recently purchased, used, 2010 Ford Fusion. But my state of the art, 2011 Ford Edge with my touch cannot. When I asked my dealer, they said the problem was my phone!

When you rphone disconnects, check the time and date, it should be off too. I've same issue where sync will Reset tiem and dat ean ddisconnect the phone. But on next start it will reconnect itself.

I've been to the dealer and both them and mysync site shows no upgrade available. Is this possible or are they both incorrect somehow.

This is what I have now, should it not be "BE" and V2.4? And if so, how do I convince the dealer to upgrade?

BT4T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V2.3 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 1/26/2011

I'd like to know what the latest version is as well. Everytime I bring the car in they either don't do the sync update or do the wrong one. Last week when i was in there they said they installed the latest one. I ran the checker on suncmyride and all items in my history now say Gen 2 v1.8. I've seen others talk about v2.4. I don't know what the latest version is and my nite lite is still there. I refuse to bring it in yet again just for sync as i've spent WAY too much time there in the 3-4months i've had this car. Can someone please confirm what the latest version is? I am in Canada. Is there a different version for Canadians and Americans?

THX

I'd like to know what the latest version is as well. Everytime I bring the car in they either don't do the sync update or do the wrong one. Last week when i was in there they said they installed the latest one. I ran the checker on suncmyride and all items in my history now say Gen 2 v1.8. I've seen others talk about v2.4. I don't know what the latest version is and my nite lite is still there. I refuse to bring it in yet again just for sync as i've spent WAY too much time there in the 3-4months i've had this car. Can someone please confirm what the latest version is? I am in Canada. Is there a different version for Canadians and Americans?

THX

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I have never been called by the dealer or Ford about any recall etc.. My Sync is version 1.8 installed from the factory back in Oct 2010, and according to the www.syncmyride.com web site there aren't any upgrades available. I also have the "nightlight" issue however most of the time my system works ok, pulled the fuse once, since the car was built, and had two automatic reboots. I'm also in Canada.. Maybe only U.S. Cars are getting updates?

Are there any Canadians out there with a newer than 1.8 Sync System?

M.

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. I have never been called by the dealer or Ford about any recall etc.. My Sync is version 1.8 installed from the factory back in Oct 2010, and according to the www.syncmyride.com web site there aren't any upgrades available. I also have the "nightlight" issue however most of the time my system works ok, pulled the fuse once, since the car was built, and had two automatic reboots. I'm also in Canada.. Maybe only U.S. Cars are getting updates?

Are there any Canadians out there with a newer than 1.8 Sync System?

M.

Yes. My version is 2.4

I found out Monday that yet another TSB (11-3-15) was issued for MFT updates last Friday, 3/11. While I'm in absolute full favor of code fixes and updates, what I cannot friggin' believe is that this is another one that MUST BE INSTALLED BY THE DEALER!! Why in the world has Ford designed a process for owner's to update software themselves, but yet the majority of code updates to date have required dealer installs? Huh? Why?

I was waiting and checking syncmyride to see if this update became available for a self-install. Not yet. (Could be it doesn't or won't apply to my particular vehicle.) Does Ford think all owners have to do is drive back and forth to their dealer to get updates? Absolutely insane. No difference whatsoever than requiring an iPod be taken to an Apple store to get a version update. It's SOFTWARE, not a head gasket.

Anyone know if BMW, Audi, Saab, Acura, Infiniti, any other automobile manufacurer requires multiple visits to dealers for software updates? Has this become the norm? Geez, Consumer Reports was right (but maybe not for the correct reason). If it's too complicated, rip the damn crap outa the car and go back to knobs and switches. I'm quickly losing patience and respect for anything MFT.

Some 2011 Edge, MKX and Explorer vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch may experience various concerns in the following areas: Clock intermittently displays incorrect time, voice recognition, voice recognition when using SYNC services, phone pairing, USB device detection, Travel Link download time.

I found out Monday that yet another TSB (11-3-15) was issued for MFT updates last Friday, 3/11. While I'm in absolute full favor of code fixes and updates, what I cannot friggin' believe is that this is another one that MUST BE INSTALLED BY THE DEALER!! Why in the world has Ford designed a process for owner's to update software themselves, but yet the majority of code updates to date have required dealer installs? Huh? Why?

I was waiting and checking syncmyride to see if this update became available for a self-install. Not yet. (Could be it doesn't or won't apply to my particular vehicle.) Does Ford think all owners have to do is drive back and forth to their dealer to get updates? Absolutely insane. No difference whatsoever than requiring an iPod be taken to an Apple store to get a version update. It's SOFTWARE, not a head gasket.

Anyone know if BMW, Audi, Saab, Acura, Infiniti, any other automobile manufacurer requires multiple visits to dealers for software updates? Has this become the norm? Geez, Consumer Reports was right (but maybe not for the correct reason). If it's too complicated, rip the damn crap outa the car and go back to knobs and switches. I'm quickly losing patience and respect for anything MFT.

Some 2011 Edge, MKX and Explorer vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch may experience various concerns in the following areas: Clock intermittently displays incorrect time, voice recognition, voice recognition when using SYNC services, phone pairing, USB device detection, Travel Link download time.

Can you attach the latest TSB or do you not have access to it?

The last dealer installed update was tied to the individual vehicle's VIN. Ford designed it so that only those features that actually exist in the vehicle as it came from the factory, receive updates. That is part of the reason why it took so long to install and was prone to errors. With such a design, every significant update will need to be dealer installed.

It's just another example of how Ford really messed up MFT.

There is a new dealer installed update, after 2.4, that is out there that does not appear to be publicized.

I reported quite a few problems with my MFT and sync. Dealer said to bring it in, there is a dealer installed update to the update.

Nothing shows on syncmyride.

Just called my dealer and they told me that I do not want this update! It apparently causes issues that make other features lock up. Said there will be another update next month and supposed to be some customer satisfaction program coming. Not sure what that means.. has anyone heard that?

I have a new problem, or at least have not seen it on the forum. Traveling on the highway with a Nav Destination turned on, Sirius radio on. Came to a turn-off on the highway, the radio volume went down, was waiting for the turn info to be announced...nothing. The radio volume was still barely audible and was unable to turn the volume up using the steering wheel controls. Stopped the car and re-started and radio volume was back and steering wheel control worked...Same thing happened at every turn off along the route. Anyone else had this problem?

... I'm quickly losing patience and respect for anything MFT...

... they told me that I do not want this update! It apparently causes issues that make other features lock up...

Nice. Add insult to injury. Now Ford's applying bad updates to bad code? Do they take anything seriously? Seriously. Does anyone there know what they're doing? I have run out of superlatives that even come close to defining what a cluster this has become.