2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

Well,

Ā 

I've been gone for a bit,because my sync has been OK, aside from a few usb hiccups. Now my Nav has stopped working. It will not read the SD Card, and when the SD card is in, the whole system runs really slow. I was going to go to the dealer today, but the weather is not the best, so I will wait till later this week. I'm getting a bit annoyed with the system because the total group of problems that have surfaced show how little this system was tested. I'll post back after I find out the problem.

Has yours ever rebooted since the update? Mine did once.

I hate to pimp it but try pulling fuse 29 once

• Like 1

I took my 2011 Edge Limited to the dealer yesterday for the recall and they updated the software to 2.4 be. Everything worked before I took it in on MFT and now I do not have any navigation or Sync Apps. The "i" icon that used to be on the home screen on the bottom isn't even there now. Any ideas? Do you think pulling the fuse will reset this as well as the Navigation? It would be nice if the dealership would check these things before giving it back to the customer.

Thanks for a great site!

After the update, for the first time, I had for a few days functional bluetooth media streaming with my Android phone. It wasn't consistent but it generally would connect after a few tries/ignition cycles. Today I've lost all BT connectivity with the phone - something that never even once happened prior to the update.

Ā 

I'll have to pull fuse #29 eventually (sometime when there's isn't a blizzard...) but in the meantime I thought I'd try the Master Reset. Well, as per some screenshots I've seen here, the Master Reset screen is totally fubared and I wouldn't know what to click on to reset it.

Ā 

I'm wondering if the appearance of the Master Reset screen (Info ->Vehicle Settings -> Master Reset) could be used as an indicator of Sync functionality. In other words, does your Master Reset screen look normal when things are working or does it have puzzle-like pieces of overlapping other screens/buttons on it when MyTouch is otherwise messed up?

I took my 2011 Edge Limited to the dealer yesterday for the recall and they updated the software to 2.4 be. Everything worked before I took it in on MFT and now I do not have any navigation or Sync Apps. The "i" icon that used to be on the home screen on the bottom isn't even there now. Any ideas? Do you think pulling the fuse will reset this as well as the Navigation? It would be nice if the dealership would check these things before giving it back to the customer.

Thanks for a great site!

Ā 

Been there, done that :banghead:

Ā 

Pulling the fuse will not fix the problem. When the dealer did my upgrade (2nd time) the Nav and i stuff didn't work either when the tech first finished. Luckily I caught it before I left.

Ā 

The dealer will have to install the 2 missing items. The tech doing mine had to contact Ford and they walked him through the procedure. The Tech told me that the Ford tech he talked to had been doing this a lot lately and was real familiar with the problem. So call the dealer and have them contact Ford so they will know what to do. The tech installed the items from a USB flash drive and it did not take too long to do it after he found out what to do.

Ā 

It really is disappointing that Ford and the dealers still haven't got this procedure worked out. I had mine upgraded in December 2010 and 2 months later they are still having the same problem.

Edited by curlysir

Been there, done that :banghead:

Ā 

Pulling the fuse will not fix the problem. When the dealer did my upgrade (2nd time) the Nav and i stuff didn't work either when the tech first finished. Luckily I caught it before I left.

Ā 

The dealer will have to install the 2 missing items. The tech doing mine had to contact Ford and they walked him through the procedure. The Tech told me that the Ford tech he talked to had been doing this a lot lately and was real familiar with the problem. So call the dealer and have them contact Ford so they will know what to do. The tech installed the items from a USB flash drive and it did not take too long to do it after he found out what to do.

Ā 

It really is disappointing that Ford and the dealers still haven't got this procedure worked out. I had mine upgraded in December 2010 and 2 months later they are still having the same problem.

Ā 

Reading that, I count myself lucky my dealer seems to have a clue and got it right the first time.

After the update, for the first time, I had for a few days functional bluetooth media streaming with my Android phone. It wasn't consistent but it generally would connect after a few tries/ignition cycles. Today I've lost all BT connectivity with the phone - something that never even once happened prior to the update.

Ā 

I'll have to pull fuse #29 eventually (sometime when there's isn't a blizzard...) but in the meantime I thought I'd try the Master Reset. Well, as per some screenshots I've seen here, the Master Reset screen is totally fubared and I wouldn't know what to click on to reset it.

Ā 

I'm wondering if the appearance of the Master Reset screen (Info ->Vehicle Settings -> Master Reset) could be used as an indicator of Sync functionality. In other words, does your Master Reset screen look normal when things are working or does it have puzzle-like pieces of overlapping other screens/buttons on it when MyTouch is otherwise messed up?

Sounds like your system is in need of the Touch update that makes the sytsem work reliably.

If only there was one!

• Like 1

On Jan. 5th, the dealer installed Sync update (2.4)

Feb. 6th, Sync quit connecting to my phone and refuses to reconnect. I un-paired the device in hopes of a re-pair fixing the problem. Now I can't get Sync to pair.

I did a master reset. That was no help.

I guess I'll resort to pulling a Fuse!

Ā 

This is a Pain! I just might ask for a new module.

• Like 1

In the 5 months I've had my Edge, the only "problems" I've had with MFT are lack of the sirus travel link, a couple of black screens when I was trying to use navigation that resolved themselves in 5 minutes, and the white main screen night light.

Ā 

I dropped off my baby this morning for the upgrade. I hope I'm not sorry.

Ā 

On a side note we test drove the 2011 Explorer over the weekend and the changes they've made to dash "buttons" that duplicate the MFT and the location of the USB and other connections are excellent. The MFT seemed faster and had quicker touch reponses. I'm thinking Ford is finally getting the bugs worked out.

In the 5 months I've had my Edge, the only "problems" I've had with MFT are lack of the sirus travel link, a couple of black screens when I was trying to use navigation that resolved themselves in 5 minutes, and the white main screen night light.

Ā 

I dropped off my baby this morning for the upgrade. I hope I'm not sorry.

Ā 

On a side note we test drove the 2011 Explorer over the weekend and the changes they've made to dash "buttons" that duplicate the MFT and the location of the USB and other connections are excellent. The MFT seemed faster and had quicker touch reponses. I'm thinking Ford is finally getting the bugs worked out.

Ā 

Ā 

Good luck Catherine - Keep us posted how it goes. You and I have almost identical cars and my dealer was still having issues getting the upgrade done so I am waiting for them to say go -

Feb. 6th, Sync quit connecting to my phone and refuses to reconnect. I un-paired the device in hopes of a re-pair fixing the problem. Now I can't get Sync to pair.

Ā 

UPDATE: I tried to pair to my phone during lunch today and Sync showed up on my BT list as "BCM4325D1 26 MHz" instead of "Sync"

Odd. but it works! :doh:

Edited by wilsons66604
  • Like 1

Ā 

Ā 

I had the latest software update installed on my Edge a week ago (third time since December I have had the car in for Sync issues). Last Friday my phone also would not connect (It said "Connect A Phone"), when I went to settings, the option to Connect was grayed out and Disconnect was available (you would think that would mean that the phone was connected!). I decided to "Disconnect" the phone that was not connected, then delete it and re-sync. HUGE MISTAKE. The screen got frozen on the Sync screen (with the 6 digit #). I could not get the damn thing to unfreeze. I had to drive 2 hours away for a meeting, and I had no radio, GPS, bluetooth phone, heated seats, etc for the whole drive. I tried "resetting" by turning off the car a few times along the way. That didnt work. It did decide to come back to life after my meeting and the car was off for a few hours. Since Friday I have had intermittent slowness with the touch screen, the voice commands are glitchy, and my phone wouldnt connect again this morning! I will not try to delete the phone again, that doesnt work.

Ā 

I called my dealership and asked for a new module. I was told that they need to recreate my problems and investigate. I would like to get rid of the touch screen altogether at this point. The inconvenience of it isnt worth the hassle. I have spent numerous days trying to resolve some of the problems (searching the web, dowloading software updates, sitting in my freezing car while the updates run, etc).

Ā 

Has anyone had the module replaced with success at getting rid of the constant issues???

Ā 

Thanks!

UPDATE: I tried to pair to my phone during lunch today and Sync showed up on my BT list as "BCM4325D1 26 MHz" instead of "Sync"

Odd. but it works! :doh:

Ā 

Ā 

I had the same thing on my phone last Friday, but it didnt sync! That is too strange. It works now, but give it a day or so.. I think that we are having the same exact issues.. what kind of phone? I have Droid X.

I had the same thing on my phone last Friday, but it didnt sync! That is too strange. It works now, but give it a day or so.. I think that we are having the same exact issues.. what kind of phone? I have Droid X.

I have an iPhone4.

I've seen this name before when I selected the "Other Devices" button on Touch. I was never able to get it to work though. This time, I followed the normal procedure to pair and this is what showed up.

• Like 1

When you're having these problems, could you by chance check the appearance of your Master Reset screen to see if it is all messed up (multiple pieces of overlapping text/buttons)? I'm just trying to determine if there's an easy way to know when you really have to pull the fuse. From my perspective, Ford is still grasping at straws while attempting to fix the worst of the MFT mess they created.

I have an iPhone4.

I've seen this name before when I selected the "Other Devices" button on Touch. I was never able to get it to work though. This time, I followed the normal procedure to pair and this is what showed up.

Ā 

I turned off the bluetooth on my phone, deleted phone, then turned bluetooth back on and was able to add the device. The phone is now added and working. Wonder how long it will last this time around.

Good luck Catherine - Keep us posted how it goes. You and I have almost identical cars and my dealer was still having issues getting the upgrade done so I am waiting for them to say go -

Ā 

I knew I should have waited. Dropped my car off this morning... went at noon to pick it up... did the update but the navigation wasn't working. They've had it all afternoon trying to get the navigation working. Now they say they think they'll have to replace the whole unit.

Ā 

I'm so mad! :angry:

Ā 

At least they gave me a loaner... but I don't want to drive a Dodge Caravan I want my Edge back. :cry:

I knew I should have waited. Dropped my car off this morning... went at noon to pick it up... did the update but the navigation wasn't working. They've had it all afternoon trying to get the navigation working. Now they say they think they'll have to replace the whole unit.

Ā 

Ā 

At least they gave me a loaner... but I don't want to drive a Dodge Caravan I want my Edge back. :cry:

Oh No! I'm sorry to hear that

• Like 1

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Oh no... fingers crossed for a quick fix.

Thanks for a great site!

Ā 

I got my car back today from the dealer after telling them of my frustration of getting the car back in worst shape than when I dropped it off. I asked them to please test it before calling me to tell me it was ready. They called me today at 2pm and said it was ready and everything works. I was skeptical as you can imagine after reading everyone's troubles on this site. I can happily report that everything works! I spent the last hours setting my phone back up and going through every menu. I cannot find anything that doesn't work. I'm still in shock and I hope it stays this way. I am telling everyone this because there is hope.

I got my car back today from the dealer after telling them of my frustration of getting the car back in worst shape than when I dropped it off. I asked them to please test it before calling me to tell me it was ready. They called me today at 2pm and said it was ready and everything works. I was skeptical as you can imagine after reading everyone's troubles on this site. I can happily report that everything works! I spent the last hours setting my phone back up and going through every menu. I cannot find anything that doesn't work. I'm still in shock and I hope it stays this way. I am telling everyone this because there is hope.

Ā 

Same results I had, everything is working like it should as far as I can tell. It really is aggravating that they don't check everything out the first time. In my case I caught it in time and I didn't have to make a 2nd trip to the dealer.

Ā 

And yes there is hope, the system can be fixed, Now if the 4" screens just don't go out :shades:

Ā 

I'm having the same issue pairing my Blackberry. It kept saying that BCM string of letters instead of "Sync" so I deleted my phone and did a master reset. Finally it let me enter the 6 digits and paired my phone. However it went out again the next time I turned the car on and just said "add a phone"

Ā 

How did they fix yours?

I'm having the same issue pairing my Blackberry. It kept saying that BCM string of letters instead of "Sync" so I deleted my phone and did a master reset. Finally it let me enter the 6 digits and paired my phone. However it went out again the next time I turned the car on and just said "add a phone"

Ā 

How did they fix yours?

Fix?

Is there a FIX ?!?!

• Like 1