2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

What an awful way for any company to conduct any type of computerized update.

I'm not sure of which specific item you're speaking of, the connection to Ford online and the time it takes? It has to be connected through a secured website directly from the vehicle's OBD2 port so Ford's side can verify VIN, version # etc. This is done with and IDS laptop from inside the vehicle. I'm sure they would be open to any ideas on how to have true information submitted to them directly from your vehicle so there is no dealer hanky panky...

My Edge is currently under the knife and here's the history so far...

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CU 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BH Gen2 - V2.7 My Ford Touch Base Software CI 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 3/24/2011

Update:

I think they completed the update. This is what the site says I have now...

SYNC Version Gen2 - V2.7

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-AN

BT4T-14F497-AG

BT4T-14F497-AL

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AG

BT4T-14F603-AL

Edited by wilsons66604

My Edge is currently under the knife and here's the history so far...

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CU 3/24/2011

Update:

I think they completed the update. This is what the site says I have now...

SYNC Version Gen2 - V2.7

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14D546-AL

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-AN

BT4T-14F497-AG

BT4T-14F497-AL

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AG

BT4T-14F603-AL

Wilson after such a major operation, I suspect it will have at least 4 days in Bed...I mean in the Bay! With regular monthly visits after.

The last few days i"ve been guilty of jumping all over Ford for the problems syncing my phone, even went to the dealer and had them check it out, maybe an update is whats needed they said.

I was getting so frustrated with this shutting down and ready loosing Sync, believe me when alone in the vechicle and calls end abrutly the !@#$%^& starts

In fairness I've discovered its not only Edge owners are having issues with bluetooth, check out the other forums. Lexus, BMW, Nissan are all suffering. To Turns out in my case Blackberry is the culprit and I only solved the problem by accident as I couldn't find a solution from anyone.

So here is what I discovered for the Blackberry 9630;

Main menu > Setup > Setup Bluetooth > highlight Sync > Options > at the services checks, unmark Headset, dial-up networking, audio scource and A/V remote control target

All works fine now

On an unrelated topic, driving in to work this morning doing about 40KPH in city traffic when a pick truck stopped suddenly. I reacted quickly but also the red light on my dash flashed, something I wasnt expecting

:shift: :hyper:

The last few days i"ve been guilty of jumping all over Ford for the problems syncing my phone, even went to the dealer and had them check it out, maybe an update is whats needed they said.

I was getting so frustrated with this shutting down and ready loosing Sync, believe me when alone in the vechicle and calls end abrutly the !@#$%^& starts

In fairness I've discovered its not only Edge owners are having issues with bluetooth, check out the other forums. Lexus, BMW, Nissan are all suffering. To Turns out in my case Blackberry is the culprit and I only solved the problem by accident as I couldn't find a solution from anyone.

Main menu > Setup > Setup Bluetooth > highlight Sync > Options > at the services checks, unmark Headset, dial-up networking, audio scource and A/V remote control target

All works fine now

On an unrelated topic, driving in to work this morning doing about 40KPH in city traffic when a pick truck stopped suddenly. I reacted quickly but also the red light on my dash flashed, something I wasnt expecting

All works fine now

Working just like it is supposed too, should have preloaded your brakes for you also. Have had mine activate a couple of times under similar conditions.

I'm not sure of which specific item you're speaking of, the connection to Ford online and the time it takes? It has to be connected through a secured website directly from the vehicle's OBD2 port so Ford's side can verify VIN, version # etc. This is done with and IDS laptop from inside the vehicle. I'm sure they would be open to any ideas on how to have true information submitted to them directly from your vehicle so there is no dealer hanky panky...

Would you update the BIOS of your computer with a live connection over the Internet? Or would you download it in its entirety first, check the integrity of the firmware, and then install it from a local storage device? Some companies give you that choice. If you cared about about having a functional computer, you would probably choose the latter. And that is with a simple small firmware update. Ford is installing live firmware that takes hours to download from an often overloaded server far away using questionable local network infrastructure and very limited dealer technical knowledge as part of the process. And all apparently without error checking. I believe making these updates VIN specific is a recipe for disaster. It's akin to Microsoft providing customized updates tailored to your computer's serial number.

Has anyone in Canada received this letter re customer satisfaction? & the 2.7 update. I sure haven't.

Nothing here and I'm not really expecting it any time soon. I received the last "customer satisfaction" letter only 6 weeks ago - a month after I had the update done.

For the question if any Canadians with the update letter....

I have a 2011 Edge Ltd built mid November 2010. I have not received any letter and the dealer shows no update available.

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.3

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AG

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

Waiting to download 0 items

Well, I just picked it up and my phone connects and BT Audio works good. I'll test it some more later.

Does your clock work correctly? and is your calendar correct?

I am going to have to call my dealer Monday, My wife missed her Soap Opera today because the clock was off :yup: and wants the clock fixed! I know I can set it manually and that is what I have done for now, but I am getting tired of waiting for the fix and now this.

Edited by curlysir

Does your clock work correctly? and is your calendar correct?

I am going to have to call my dealer Monday, My wife missed her Soap Opera today because the clock was off :yup: and wants the clock fixed! I know I can set it manually and that is what I have done for now, but I am getting tired of waiting for the fix and now this.

Calendar and clock work! I had to tell it that we were in that stupid daylight savings crap though.

The system seems to retain the last used audio source now. Before, it was a crap shoot on what I got. AM or Sirius or USB...throw the dice!

Calendar and clock work! I had to tell it that we were in that stupid daylight savings crap though.

The system seems to retain the last used audio source now. Before, it was a crap shoot on what I got. AM or Sirius or USB...throw the dice!

DST is what is causing my problem with GPS time. The system thinks it is November, 2030 and their is on way to manually set it. And the system will not not set the correct date. I am thinking about pulling the fuse. Will take it in for the update when I get a chance.

Got my update letter today. Edge was purchased in October 2010. Are they staggering the updates?

On a semi related topic: The Syncmyride.com site will not work correctly with Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 4, I cannot access the update portion of the website with the new versions of the browsers, tried it on another computer with the old versions and no problem. Appears they keep the website updated about as well as they do MFT.

Edited by curlysir

Got my update letter today. Edge was purchased in October 2010. Are they staggering the updates?

On a semi related topic: The Syncmyride.com site will not work correctly with Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 4, I cannot access the update portion of the website with the new versions of the browsers, tried it on another computer with the old versions and no problem. Appears they keep the website updated about as well as they do MFT.

I tried to no avail on FF4 myself. No good

Mine was build at the end of January with V2.4 factory installed. I recently noticed the clock would be incorrect usually displaying 11:56am no matter what time it was.. This has happened 4 times already. The first 3 times it corrected itself after shutting the system down, the last time required a manual correction by me. Now I am starting to worry. Is this the beginning of what is many more problems to come? I am almost afraid to let them work on it in fear of the dealer causing more harm to an otherwise great system.

Edited by goatee

Well, everything had been going great with my 2011 Edge Sport until this weekend. I turned the car on after running into the store and my screen went blank. No audio, no navigation, no back up camera - similar to what many have posted here. MFT version was the latest at 2.4. Took it into the dealer today and they confirmed it needs a new APIM. Hope to have it back tomorrow and we'll see how it goes from there.

This forum has been extremely helpful in understanding the issues (and many of the challenges). Thanks to everyone for posting and sharing your experiences.

I still think the Edge is a great vehicle and hope that this minor setback is just that....minor!

Thanks,

Well, everything had been going great with my 2011 Edge Sport until this weekend. I turned the car on after running into the store and my screen went blank. No audio, no navigation, no back up camera - similar to what many have posted here. MFT version was the latest at 2.4. Took it into the dealer today and they confirmed it needs a new APIM. Hope to have it back tomorrow and we'll see how it goes from there.

This forum has been extremely helpful in understanding the issues (and many of the challenges). Thanks to everyone for posting and sharing your experiences.

I still think the Edge is a great vehicle and hope that this minor setback is just that....minor!

Thanks,

I am happy to report that it has been about 2 months now since my APIM replacement and so far everything has worked as it should. I am still extremely happy with my purchase. :shades:

glad to hear the good news... so far

It was bound to happen...

Sync would not recognize USB2 this morning or connect to BT Audio. I stopped the car, turned off the ignition and opened the door. Started the car and BT Audio was back but still no USB2.

I wonder what these update are doing. I would think that they would be able to get the basics working by now.

I wonder if I ought to request a new APIM cuz my system has been nothing but flaky since day 1 (6 mo ago)

Edited by wilsons66604