2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

akirby

Has anyone that installed Gen2.11 seen major improvements?

That is what they installed, really I had less problems before...after just speaking with dealer service today they have a so called "fix" coming in every few days. How often do they expect me to get there each time there is a new fix? This is a brand new car... Someone needs to do SOMETHING!!!

I've just had mine in yesterday for the Sunroof to get looked at, as well as nav problems. They said there was no update and suggested the SD card fault problems were because the card was popping out while driving. One small problem when there is the fault before the car has moved. Taking the card in and out doesn't solve the problem.

I own a 2011 Lincoln MKX for about one month. I have been back to the dealer three times for the new SYNC "fix" It worked for a while and is now worse than it was prior. I need the navigation and hands free for business every day. It was the main reason I bought the previous 2008 Lincoln MKX. My lease was up and I considered lease end purchase of the 2008 but I really loved all the features of the new one so I went for it. Boy am I disappointed. From day one the SYNCsystem has been a hassle. First day on pick up at the dealer could not get the phone to sync. Took trying it 30 times. The dealer said my phone was old (my phone is not a droid or smart phone) but it is only a year old. It connects when it feels like it. the other problem was getting to load the ipod music, that took numerous times of loading and then it refusing to load. The navigation is so slow to enter info or respond. Last night my phone would not sync at all the whole ride home had no hands free or voice command. That has happened a number of times before. When I finally got home the system should shut off when you open the door but last night the stereo kept playing for a good twenty minutes on leaving and locking the vehicle. This vehicle is 50+thousand dollars r u kidding? I am so frustrated and upset I do not know even where to start!!!

I agree whole heartedly, for a $50,000 plus this vehicle should not have the issues it does! I am on the road quite a bit and MUST use the hands free features (work regulations) and it is simply unacceptable to pull to the side of the interstate and reboot/reload/readjust/re-EVERYTHING! I am now starting my third week of a loaner vehicle. Certainly chaps my backside that I am making a hefty car payment for a luxury vehicle and I'm cruising around in a vehicle that has less than half the features as I'm paying for, gets 1/3 less the fuel mileage and has all the ride comfort of a Sherman Tank!

Katherine

Looks like I'll be making the call to schedule 2.11

I've been dragging my feet with the 2.11 update because my 2.7 system was rebooting on it's own and kinda cleaning up the bugs that build up over time. I haven't had to pull the FUSE 29 since it was installed...

Until today. I actually resorted to pulling the damn fuse in an attempt to fix the latest "features" that have dumped on my system today. The fuse pull didn't help.

This leaves me with crappy AM/FM. oh... and the CD player. I don't have CDs

I'm wishing I hadn't cancelled Sirrius (not really)

• Partial screens.
  • No audio from my USB iPod. WTF ??!??
  • iPhone won't stay connected. MFT connects to it long enough to tell the phone to play then it disconnects.

BTW: I heard Ford announced today that they will stop putting CD players in cars. I hope they get the other stuff working right first!

Edited by wilsons66604

This topic is for reporting problems and status for 2011 Edge and MKX MyTouch and Sync problems.

Report your problems, lack of problems and repair status and related information.

I have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with MFT/Sync intermittent problems since I leased the vehicle in April 2011. I have been in and out of the dealership more than 10 times. Left vehcle for 2 1/2 weeks, still not able to update or repair. Spoke to GM, Service associate, service manager, sales manager & Ford Customer Relations. It is now July 28th and the issue has not been resolved. Excuses from Ford representation: Server down, didn't receive upgrades, Microsoft problem, sync not compatible with IPhones and IPODS, server down, we don't know how to fix it, Ford Manufacturer problem.

Ford Customer service advised me yesterday to bring it to a different dealership. I scheduled an appointment for this Saturday, 8/30. Was advised by this dealership that it will probably not be able to fix the problem as Ford is having software problems. Wow, remind me again why I am paying for this system?

Do you have any remedies? Please advise.

Thanks,

This topic is for reporting problems and status for 2011 Edge and MKX MyTouch and Sync problems.

Report your problems, lack of problems and repair status and related information.

I have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL with MFT/Sync intermittent problems since I leased the vehicle in April 2011. I have been in and out of the dealership more than 10 times. Left vehcle for 2 1/2 weeks, still not able to update or repair. Spoke to GM, Service associate, service manager, sales manager & Ford Customer Relations. It is now July 28th and the issue has not been resolved. Excuses from Ford representation: Server down, didn't receive upgrades, Microsoft problem, sync not compatible with IPhones and IPODS, server down, we don't know how to fix it, Ford Manufacturer problem.

Ford Customer service advised me yesterday to bring it to a different dealership. I scheduled an appointment for this Saturday, 8/30. Was advised by this dealership that it will probably not be able to fix the problem as Ford is having software problems. Wow, remind me again why I am paying for this system?

Thanks,

I feel for ya. I leased one from Villa Ford and don't have issues like that. Their service department is quite impressive.

Which dealer did you take it too first?

Thanks,

Good idea to take it to another dealership.

All you can do is have them update the software. The software is still buggy but it gets better with every update. If they know what they are doing, an update should only take a few hours.

oh, and the iPhone & iPod are compatible.

Good Luck

Kind of disappointed. I just bought my Ford Edge last weekend and specifically asked them to make sure the Sync version was the latest and greatest only to find out when they finally put my info on syncmyride that it was Gen 2 V2.4. I am wondering whether it would be worth it to just wait til the next version to come out or go back and get V2.8?

Same deal with mine. I told dealer that newest update was v2.11. He said "I'm sure they'll get it all current for you before we give it to you."

I just came from syncmyride.com and did the check and I also have v2.4

---------------------------------------

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.4

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

-----------------------------------------

The thing is, I haven't seen ANY bugs/glitches in my system that other forumers posted about. None. It works like a charm. Does "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" apply here? I'm afraid that if I do get an upgrade that something will stop working.

Anyone else have an "older version" that works?

Edited by seabee78

Same deal with mine. I told dealer that newest update was v2.11. He said "I'm sure they'll get it all current for you before we give it to you."

I just came from syncmyride.com and did the check and I also have v2.4

---------------------------------------

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.4

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

-----------------------------------------

The thing is, I haven't seen ANY bugs/glitches in my system that other forumers posted about. None. It works like a charm. Does "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" apply here? I'm afraid that if I do get an upgrade that something will stop working.

Anyone else have an "older version" that works?

I would check the install history page on sync my ride. You should see the history of the dealership installing the software. I wonder if they even attempted to install.

I would check the install history page on sync my ride. You should see the history of the dealership installing the software. I wonder if they even attempted to install.

I did that and printed it above. Too bad the dates weren't included also in the report.

Here it is again:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.4

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

Edited by seabee78

I did that and printed it above. Too bad the dates weren't included also in the report.

Here it is again:

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.4

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AG

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AG

If it is working well, don't mess with it. The updates are fixing issues and have been known to introduce others. Take a wait and see attitude. I am still on an older version than yours, but it works well enough that I am hesitant to make any changes yet.

If it is working well, don't mess with it. The updates are fixing issues and have been known to introduce others. Take a wait and see attitude. I am still on an older version than yours, but it works well enough that I am hesitant to make any changes yet.

Sounds good enough, choff. I did a rigorous testing this afternoon of MFT and found absolutely zero defects. Incredible! The only thing I couldn't do was read/reply to texts but apparently my phone (iPhone 3GS) doesn't support it. Also the SYNC Services which apparently are not available in Canada anyway.

I'll stay with v2.4 until maybe a version 3.x comes along. Surely to God by the time Ford rolls MFT out on other cars in 2012 they will have a stable system.

Edited by seabee78

...Surely to God by the time Ford rolls MFT out on other cars in 2012 they will have a stable system...

I'm hoping and praying for this. Because I really enjoy the car otherwise. I've also been modding it slightly (all easily reversible so far, but I don't want to put $400 worth of tint on the thing yet as I'm not 100% sure on keeping at Lease-end)

Look to the right of the screen that you got this info from. there is a link to view SYNC history

Mine gives me this info...

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CU 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BH Gen2 - V2.7 My Ford Touch Base Software CI 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BH Gen2 - V2.7 My Ford Touch Base Software CI 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 3/24/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE Gen2 - V2.4 SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE CI 3/24/201.......

When car is in the shop, I monitor this page to get a feel for the progress of the update.

Heck. I even monitored this page while my car was being built.

UPDATE:

Try this link to history

Edited by wilsons66604

That is what they installed, really I had less problems before...after just speaking with dealer service today they have a so called "fix" coming in every few days. How often do they expect me to get there each time there is a new fix? This is a brand new car... Someone needs to do SOMETHING!!!

This is why I'm getting rid of my Sport. So sad. MFT has driven me to shop other brands...So sad.

Copying this over from the Sync forum:

I took my Edge Limited in a few weeks ago to get an update. They also swapped out the APIM. For 2 weeks everything was working beautifully but, as seems to be the norm with this crappy software things started breaking again shortly thereafter. Now the bluetooth audio will not work at all even after deleting and repairing the phone (and forgetting/repairing Sync on the phone). Unacceptable and even more annoying because the loaner MKX they gave me (a 2010 without MFT) worked perfectly.

Edit: FYI the update I received was MFT 2.11

Copying this over from the Sync forum:

I took my Edge Limited in a few weeks ago to get an update. They also swapped out the APIM. For 2 weeks everything was working beautifully but, as seems to be the norm with this crappy software things started breaking again shortly thereafter. Now the bluetooth audio will not work at all even after deleting and repairing the phone (and forgetting/repairing Sync on the phone). Unacceptable and even more annoying because the loaner MKX they gave me (a 2010 without MFT) worked perfectly.

Edit: FYI the update I received was MFT 2.11

Same here took my mkx last saturday to get the tbs 2.11 update now the voice commands don't work for the navigation.

Any one familiar with the CAMVAP process?

Got my new MKX 2011 on March 2011.

On Monday August 8, 2011 got the MLT blank screen. Drop the vehicle that night at the dealer for reset/repair.

Next day got a call from dealer telling me that they were able to reset the MLT but it failed again and now they must replace the APIM. Was told that they would get the unit on Wednesday and the vehicle would be ready that day or Thursday at the latest. No word yet...

Will update my status once I get it back.

Got it back @ 3:15pm today, here is what was on the invoice.

Correction:

Tried to perform a system reboot, but unable to get the screen to activate. Followed pinpoint test 0 and found that the APIM requires replacement.

Replaced the APIM and programmed. Rechecked and found that the touch screen is now working properly.

No mention about the version of software, seems to be working OK, time will tell...

Edited by ChiefMonkey

Go to syncmyride.com and you should see what version of software was loaded.

Thanks, done that.

Previous version was BT4T-14D544-BH Gen2-V2.7 My Ford Touch Base Software status CI 3/11/2011

New version: BT4T-14D544-BM Gen2-V2.11 Status CI 8/10/2011 (I was reported twice?)

Sync Version Gen2 - V2.11

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14F496-BP

BT4T-14F497-AP

Sync compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AP

Time will tell...

There is a new tsb that came out today

TSB 11-7-24

Some 2011 Edge, MKX and Explorer vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch built on or before 7/12/2011 may experience various concerns in the following areas: Blank/black display screen, radio switches from off to on or changes state after ending a phone call or voice command, phone pairing, incorrect Sirius channel selection using voice command, unable to download photo resolution 800x378, phonebook downloads, AM/FM missing preset display information, voice recognition, voice recognition when using SYNC services, USB device detection, travel link download time, Sirius channel art logo mismatch, Clock intermittently displays incorrect time, traffic direction and information (TDI) calling wrong phone number, travel link subscription, address book downloads, navigation set in kilometers but voice communicates in miles, and backup camera scrolling display

I purchased a new 2011 MKX in late July. I had 2.11 installed on the vehicle before taking delivery. 2.11 is confirmed on sync my ride. At first, things were mostly good but every day a new little problem developed. Today the car has a black screen and I guess I am calling service. I do not beleive 2.11 is the advance this board is making it out to be. Just another "fix" until the rewrite that I HOPE is coming.

Edited by Graymkx

I purchased a new 2011 MKX in late July. I had 2.11 installed on the vehicle before taking delivery. 2.11 is confirmed on sync my ride. At first, things were mostly good but every day a new little problem semmed to develop. Today the car has a black screen and I guess I am calling service. I do not beleive 2.11 is the advance this board is making it out to be. Just another "fix" until the rewrite that I HOPE is coming.

It's going to evolve like Windows did apparently and I won't be happy with it until 3.1.1

I purchased a new 2011 MKX in late July. I had 2.11 installed on the vehicle before taking delivery. 2.11 is confirmed on sync my ride. At first, things were mostly good but every day a new little problem developed. Today the car has a black screen and I guess I am calling service. I do not beleive 2.11 is the advance this board is making it out to be. Just another "fix" until the rewrite that I HOPE is coming.

Right. 2.11 is just a patch to a few issues on the crippled MyFordTouch.

That's why I'm no longer jumping to getting the update.

• Like 1

Anyone have a dealership in the Silver Spring, MD area that they've had good luck with their service department? My service tech just told me on the phone that they updated the 10B20 recall without any problems and are done (should be to v. 2.11) but when I went onto syncmyride.com it still says 2.4 installed on 4/6/11. This is at Koons in Silver Spring.

Edited by Ridbidge

Anyone have a dealership in the Silver Spring, MD area that they've had good luck with their service department? My service tech just told me on the phone that they updated the 10B20 recall without any problems and are done (should be to v. 2.11) but when I went onto syncmyride.com it still says 2.4 installed on 4/6/11. This is at Koons in Silver Spring.

Try downloading the status checker from SyncMyRide and install it on your Touch system. Then upload the results back to SyncMyRide. This should give you a report on the current version.

Another option is to check the install history at

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/AccountManagement/VehicleMaintenanceHistory.aspx