My Edge!!! Woot! Woot!

39 views, and not one comment?! Your gonna hurt my feelings here guys and gals....

Cannon ;)

I wasn't sure about the whole matte black look until just the other day I saw a Nissan 350Z on the street and now I get what you're trying to achieve.

if it's done right (and I think you've nailed it). it looks great.

Congrats, it's a great overall look.

Thanks man! Ya it is definitely a "love it" or "hate it" type of paint job. Same with the black wheels that ya see on vehicles now-a-days as well. Back when my dad was younger and was fixing up cars,.. if you were broke and couldn't afford anything but the car, no options,.. it came with black wheels. So for someone to PAY for black wheels doesn't make any sense to him. lol

And most people like a shiny car,.. so again,.. to PAY to have no shine,.. most probably don't like it.

I'll say though, this edge with the all blacked out look and the satin/matte paint, gets more looks and compliments than any other vehicle i've ever had (and i've had some pretty highly modified vehicles)

Cannon

I wasn't sure about the whole matte black look until just the other day I saw a Nissan 350Z on the street and now I get what you're trying to achieve.

if it's done right (and I think you've nailed it). it looks great.

Congrats, it's a great overall look.

don't like it, but thats just me, the Edge is not a sports car or an Asian tuner, might look OK with those body styles but the Edge? car looks dirty,

Personally, I like your ride. The paint finish looks more like a satin finish than a flat finish. There still seems to be a sheen to it and I think you did a great job. My husband has black rims on his truck and allot of people gave him crap about it because it wasn't the thing to do when he got it. Funny how so many are going to the black wheels now. He just sits back and grins. Nice job on your Edge. It looks cool. I prefer my shine for mine but still like yours too.

Mods include:

Full black out job, including custom front grill wrapped in black vinyl, front and rear ford emblems wrapped in Carbon Fiber and say "Murdered" instead of "Ford". Black out fog light bezels, custom exhaust with 4in. black exhaust tips, fender vents, H&R lowering springs, Weapon-R CAI, 10" JL Audio 10W3 Sub with Rockford fosgate amp, and infiniti cappa's all the way around. Tinted widows, custom paint job to the entire vehicle (satin/matte dark charcoal grey), 22" Giovanna's rolling on Nitto Invo's ( i think they're Invos anyways, LOL) and i think thats about it,......oh and custom LED's to the front end (the line the bottom fog light area, and then curve up alittle with the inner shape)

As for pics,...

goto www.kevinfaleriosphotography.com and look under the section "If it has wheels"

Cannon :)

P.s. Forgot,... i also have HID's, both high and low beams and fogs.

P.p.s Also custom carbon fiber wrapped center dash down to the shifter lever.

Edited by Loosecannon

I think it looks awesome too. It doesn't at all look like an "asian tuner". To me it looks like someone who has taken a lot of pride in customizing their Edge not just bought the cheap aftermarket stuff and glued it on. Again congrats on the beautiful set of wheels, and although this look may not be for everyone, I think everyone can agree you did a great job!! Cheers!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn thats one bad ass edge !!! Im gonna actually dip my edge the whole car and rims . Not sure if ill acheive the same look but im praying i do ! Wasnt too sure how it would look till i saw yours. Thats a actually paint job tho right ? Ive been watching alot of plasti dip you tube vids ... and they came out with a gloss to put over all their matte colors. Im hoping for that matte / egg shell sheen

look . But anyways good job on your edge , inspired me to do mine !

How about some Pics of the interior? Edge looks great! I love the side vents. I have 2011 Sport and am thinking of doing those. Just scared of cutting a whole in my fender to do it, and hate the cheap stickers. Maybe some LEDs on the side vents as side turning lights??? Just something to think about.

Edited by Naverino

• 2 weeks later...