Things you would like to see added/changed to your Edge

Scorpio

I'm looking to replace my Edge this year and am giving serious thought to the MKX. I don't see many of them around here compared with the Edge and I like the upgrades the Lincoln has over the Ford as well. Plus the 3.7 is standard which I can get with the 18" wheels as our roads are terrible so I need all the sidewall I can get.

I have been looking at the German brands as well but I'm not sure I like the prestige that goes along with the nameplate. Lincoln is somewhere in between.

But I digress. I'm happy with the equipment level the Edge offers compared with other vehicles in its class.

A minor one for me would be to have some soft vinyl or leather on the driver/passenger door windowsills. Quite often when I drive I put my left elbow on the sill, and my last couple vehicles had a soft surface as compared to my Edge SEL where it's hard plastic (appears that way in the Limited and Sport too?). Not a huge deal but the soft surface keeps my elbow from getting sore!

I believe this is done for safety. To kept you arm, below the window, in a protected area of the vehicle. Same with the heated steering wheel, The area heated does not cover the two and ten area, in case the airbag deploys, your hands will strike you face.

HTH, JC

I'm looking to replace my Edge this year and am giving serious thought to the MKX. I don't see many of them around here compared with the Edge and I like the upgrades the Lincoln has over the Ford as well. Plus the 3.7 is standard which I can get with the 18" wheels as our roads are terrible so I need all the sidewall I can get.

I'm with you. I didn't know about the MKX when I purchased the Edge. I purchased overseas. But I think if I would have known, I probably would have gone with it. I love my Edge, but I was looking for a little more comfort (that's why I got the Limited). The MKX just has those extra things that I wanted.

Well lets see,

I agree with the gun storage behind the center stack.

Also my 2013 has a false bottom in the center armrest/box. You can hide a ton of stuff in there.

I also agree on the auto dimming side view mirrors. Would be a nice touch.

Also add/incorporate blind spot mirrors to the side mirrors.

Make 285/35-22 tires on 9.5" rims an option, looks much better.(already on)

If its gonna be a "Sport" model, use the Eibach or H&R springs to lower it(already in mine)

Make a supercharger available.(425-450bhp)

Drivers door opening needs to be 1" wider. Getting my prostetic leg in is a pain.

LED interior lights(overheads, map lights and cargo area) Already did the LED DRL, puddle light in the mirrors and license plate lights.

Yeah, a better cargo cover would be nice too. (one that you don't have to unhook it from the seats to fold them down!)

That should do it for now. Bob

Thanks for following up, Joe and Omar. I'll have to give the wood package a closer thought if I decide to go with the MKX. I prefer the lighter wood, but it is not available in the black interior. But I think both might be better than the metallic look although admittedly I have yet to see an MKX interior in person. The nearest Lincoln dealership is an hour away from me.

Limited59, I went with the wood trim because I was afraid of reflection from the sun with the metallic look. I have black interior, and the dark wood looks good ( IMO ) with it. One advantage about not having wood trim is that the entire steering wheel is heated, as Omar made mention of. With wood, you do not get heat where the wheel is. I never thought that a heated wheel was anything important, but I have to admit, it's pretty nice to,have.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've had mine for almost a year, I feel like I can evaluate this:

- Projector Headlights

- LED interior lighting

- restructure the vents so the air can be aimed better

- blindspot mirrors

- a more powerful sunroof motor

- tighter seals on the taillights (to prevent moisture inside)

- LED taillights

- not-so-slanted headrest

- softer cloth seats

- leather-wrapped interior pieces

the top of my steering wheel's leather is worn down from all the baking in the sun and clutching it to drive.

The plastic right under the windows becomes faded really easy.

I may add more, but I love the car.