Things you would like to see added/changed to your Edge

Scorpio

Had my MKX a week, and I have a few

1) Front splash guards

2) Running Boards

3) Something to clean the backup camera lens - snowy winters cover it up

4) A wind-deflector for the rear window - deflect some air down to blow water and dust off the rear window (had this on my old Infiniti QX4 - loved it)

5) One-touch open/close for the moonroof cover

6) DRLs without having to convince someone to hack the system

*Better sound system.. (anything but sony)

*3.5L ecoboost option

*DRLs

*HIDs and adaptive cruise control for the sport model

*TPMS with actual pressure readout

*QNX powered infotainment system (No issues really with MFT but QNX with blackberry bridge would be awesome)

*Ambient lighting mode that scrolls through all colors slowly

*USB ports in a better protected area or maybe an extra one in the glovebox just for USB sticks

*Ford racing aftermarket support :)

I want the fog lights and auto dimming side mirrors and small front console storage. i am going to miss those going from my MKX to the Edge.

HID lights a stand alone option. I am getting older and I could then live without the fog lights then since the HID's are much brighter.

Would like the heated steering wheel and better grocery hooks in the back. Honda did it right on my 04 Pilot. There were 4 of them and

they were actual shaped hooks that folded up and down.

It would be nice if the system would remember the state of my steering wheel warmer and heated/cooled seats, and set them to the same setting next time I start the car, irregardless of whether I do it with the remote or when pushing the button.

Setting so that if there is no key in range. all of the doors auto-lock - (seriously, i don't want to fumble in my pocket or coat in the winter for my fob or the lock button when I get out and walk away - that's the whole idea of being keyless).

A nicer-looking antenna, and maybe a little servo that will lay it flat when the engine/ACC is turned off. It sticking up like that looks goofy.

Another vote for slowly-changing mood lighting - maybe with settings for 3/5/10/15 minute cycles (that should be able to be added to Sync in software)

Lots of good suggestions here I'll add mine:

1. Auto up/down on all the freakin windows not just the drivers

2. Dimming side mirrors

3. Active cruise on the Sport

4. Bigger brakes (why do Ford brakes alway suck)

5. The 3.5L TT Ecoboost with 400+HP and good aftermarket support

6. Cargo Cover - This is easy come on Ford

7. Better Stereo ala Shaker 1000

8. Fog Lights

9. Heated Steering wheel

10. A/C Seats like the MKX

11. Better side bolsters for the seats (maybe a Recaro option)

All of that is doable without adding to much more to the price. And all of it is already available on either Ford products so it's already in the parts bin. Could be an SVT vehicle package. I say they go after the SRT8 with a vengeance...

Edited by PhantomX

*Ambient lighting mode that scrolls through all colors slowly

A simple thing that I would like myself...

Buy one with a USB interface that doesn't require a separate power supply.

Put stuff on it.

Plug it in.

And have it resort to the USB every time you turn the car on...no matter what you left it on when it was turned off. :(

I'd like to see cooled seats...but for the few times I'll drive it in the summer, I'm not overly concerned.

As for the heated seats, I'd rather see the '5 dial' settings they have in the focus, rather than the Non-existant 1 setting, and the burn your arse 2 setting we have.

• 3 weeks later...

Brighter LED's on the front bumper so they actually act as fog lights.

I would like a cigarette lighter in the middle of the dashboard in front of the gear shifter instead of next to the passenger's legs or in the middle console.

Sometimes it is hard to shut the center console sitting in the driver seat. You have to reach back pretty far to grab the lid and bring it down. Maybe have it open towards the passenger side instead of the back?

Either way, I love my Edge.

Edited by Gator

At least in the MKX, and possibly an option for the Edge (at least the limited & Sport models), the followiing (my wife's MKS has both)

1.) Four way power lumbar, not only in & out (harder/softer) but also to go up and down.

2.) Auto highbeams - turn on automatically when needed. There is a sensor that turns them off if another car approaching, or if there is a car close in front of you.

3.) A GREAT feature that I had on my 1993 Taurus SHO was power seat bolsters - had them for the seat cusion AND back support. Talk about a seat to fit everyone, that was the ultimate !

Edited by JOEHIO

1) tilt steering wheel does not go down far enough. I can't rest my hands on my legs. On long trips I find my arms become fatigued.

2) drivers power seat needs to have more rotational movement to raise front section (thigh support) while also lowering the rear section (back side). The current design only allows for a small range of motion until the entire seat section begins to rise.

3) Like to see rear doors open further. My wife's Chevy Traverse has doors that open to almost 90 degrees.

4) Glove box light

5) tighter turning radius. I have had two Chevrolet Suburbans since 2003 and the turning radius was 21.3 feet, The muih shorter wheel base Edge's radius is 38 feet. :huh:

I agree 100% on points 1 and 3.

Wow, I actually forgot all about my AWD Sport is FWD. I have been in RWD cars since 2002 and with the Edge having absolutely no torque steer, I can see why I did forget. I also remember that the turn radius increased when I put the Suburban into 4 wheel drive.

Be glad you don't have a first gen Fusion. Mine has the turning radius of a greyhound bus.

After driving my SEL for 9 months, just a few things I'd change:

1> Move that darn 4 way flasher button! How in the world did that get past the testing and user groups. I hit it at least 20% of of the time that I use MFT

2>The shifter knob is oddly placed. Have to angle my arm around it to get to the manual controls. Again, how did this make it through testing?

3>Rethink that whole MFT approach. Do we really need 4 ways to adjust the climate control?

4>Include a temp guage in more than one dash display option

5> Allow a way to dim MFT seperate from the guages. MFT is too bright at night.

Edited by Sarnano

• 2 months later...

Front parking warning like on the back. My 2004 Merc Monterrey has them on the front and I sure do miss them when I'm parking the Edge. It looks like I'm about to hit the wall and there is still four feet of clearance.

DRL's.

Adjustible (front to back) headrests.

• Like 1

DRL Standard

These blind spot mirrors are almost useless, I like my button convex mirrors much better, I can see everything, including the curb.

Full size spare that goes under, not in the back (ever get a flat on a fully loaded road trip?).

Fuel door that you open in the cab.

Hood struts with a light.

I have a non navigation Edge, and the compass only shows N, S, E, W, and nothing in between.

And of course a v6 EcoBoost for AWD.

Full size spare that goes under, not in the back (ever get a flat on a fully loaded road trip?).

Actually that would be a deal breaker for me if they did that. My buddy had an older pickup that had the spare underneath and when he needed it 7 yrs later the mechanism to release and lower it was so badly rusted we couldn't get it free. Maybe it is just our area since they use so much salt in the winter but either way I would rather have to spend 15 minutes to unload and reload the car than wait for a tow.

Actually that would be a deal breaker for me if they did that. My buddy had an older pickup that had the spare underneath and when he needed it 7 yrs later the mechanism to release and lower it was so badly rusted we couldn't get it free. Maybe it is just our area since they use so much salt in the winter but either way I would rather have to spend 15 minutes to unload and reload the car than wait for a tow.

Not to mention it just gets plain nasty under there. Having had 2 Rangers, 2 Explorers, 1 Expedition and 1 Aviator I much prefer having it inside on the Edge.