Things you would like to see added/changed to your Edge

Scorpio

5) tighter turning radius. I have had two Chevrolet Suburbans since 2003 and the turning radius was 21.3 feet, The muih shorter wheel base Edge's radius is 38 feet. huh.gif

Where did you find that number? I read 19.3 feet for 2012 Edges; 18.8 for my '07...

Gun it and hit the parking brake...that should turn it around in less acreage...

• Like 1

They don't salt in Anchorge, AK, so the lowering mech never rusted. But at least give us a full size. My wife's Endeavor has as full size in the cab, and it's a matching rim too. Very nice, best feature of that suv.

The manufacturers are constantly looking for ways to shave weight. They're even getting rid of CD players as nobody uses them and it shaves more weight. The CAFE standards are a bitch!

If that's the 'best feature of that SUV'...glad I own an Edge...

Me too. She got it before we were married. It is nice and roomy, has a slightly longer rear storage space, and a rear window that opens up. That is about it. It runs on premium fuel. Parts are a bitch (over $700 to replace the prematurely worn struts that only Mitsubishi makes), and the integrated head unit can't be read in bright light.

- Fix the A/C System so that it blows stronger. My wife and I test drove a 2011 Sport and found it had the same A/C issue as our 2008 and the glovebox trick worked on it as well.

Ok after reading through this I like a lot of the ideas everyone has for changes. I haven't noticed any problems with air flow in my 2010 SEL. I'm going to change the cabin air filter this week. But this caught my eye. What is the glovebox trick?

• 3 months later...

At least in the MKX, and possibly an option for the Edge (at least the limited & Sport models), the followiing (my wife's MKS has both)

1.) Four way power lumbar, not only in & out (harder/softer) but also to go up and down.

2.) Auto highbeams - turn on automatically when needed. There is a sensor that turns them off if another car approaching, or if there is a car close in front of you.

3.) A GREAT feature that I had on my 1993 Taurus SHO was power seat bolsters - had them for the seat cusion AND back support. Talk about a seat to fit everyone, that was the ultimate !

All I have say is you are 100% right about the 1993 Taurus SHO seats I still comment about how good those were!!

• 2 months later...

Dont know why they put the windshield washer nozzles on the top of the hood but they are pretty ugly and would be nice to hide them like most cars

Same for the antenna, should be at the back and NOT at the front

And the gas filler gizmo should be replaced with what all cars have: lockable door and a regular gas tank cap

Dont know why they put the windshield washer nozzles on the top of the hood but they are pretty ugly and would be nice to hide them like most cars

And the gas filler gizmo should be replaced with what all cars have: lockable door and a regular gas tank cap

Most cars have them on the hood also. Not sure why you think this is new.

There is no "gas filler gizmo". The funnel is only used when you're pouring gas from a can. The gas pump nozzle fits right into the capless system with no problem and nothing else can get in without the funnel. There is no reason to lock it or cap it.

^ I think he's referring to the easy fill as opposed to the funnel. To be honest I'm not all that convinced that the fuel door seal keeps all the dust/dirt out of the filler. I always give mine a good blow before gassing up.

With respect to the fuel door not locking.... I think that's an import thing. None of the vehicles I've ever owned had a locking door.... All domestics. My colleague and I were recently talking cars (he bought a '13 Accord Touring - his fourth or fifth Accord) and he simply could not believe my car didn't have a locking fuel door.

agreed. my 92 shit beater vw jetta had a locking fuel door. I have never owned a vehicle that didn't. I was blown away also that this has no locking door! and, a prop rod? seriously? said shit box had hood struts! for a

mid $40k vehicle I find that unacceptable. I really like this edge but coming from bimmers my list of things I miss is growing. it's mainly things that are available if I you go to a limited or sport, but they should be standard at this price range.

ALL windows should be one touch, including sunroof (what's with stopping 6inches and having to hold to close? dumb)

key memory seats/mirrors should be standard with power seats

rain sensing wipers shoul be at least optional in sel, se

heated wheel should be optional

hid should be standard, it's 2013!

so on and so on. you never realize how nice these things are until they're gone. I get in my twelve year old X5 and have all of these things that are missing from my 2013 Ford and it's a little upsetting. if I would have bought an entry level focus I would understand, but I bought a sel AWD, optioned the hell out of it including the appearance pkg. , mft nav roof blis etc and these things aren't included? it's my fault for assuming that the nice stereo would come with the like $4k audio/nav upgrade pkg. and memory seats would come with leather/heated. I definitely didn't do enough research and may have went another way then getting the $44k car with none of these things??

Well if we look at the 2013 Explorer, the windshield washers are NOT on the hood and I'm surprised that no one has mention before this design flaw. What do you do when your hood is covered with freezing rain? I'm not saying is the end of the world but they would have been much better hidden under the hood and close to the windshield like most of the cars.

And what is the advantage of this capless gas fill system? I think it was in this forum someone had the thing frozen up and could not fill up with gas and cost him $525 to have the dealer fix it. And the door for sure is not airtight when closed and like Limited59 said I'm sure with bed weather dust / water will accumulate inside there.

Not very important design flaws but enough to make a perfect SUV even better.

My earlier post missed "bimmer848" comments and I also agree with him. My 2001.5 Passat has features that the 2013 Edge Limited doesn't come even close.

Yes a prop rod? I even I looked at the MKX and at CAD$58K you get a prop rod and not locking door

I'm not putting down the Edge which is a fine SUV and probably my next ride but it's upsetting to see Ford missing these important design mistakes which some of us appreciate and do not cost a lot.

Like in 2008 I was looking again for an SUV and looked at the Escape. Again no lock on the gas tank door but the worst was the antenna which was mounted on the top of the right front fender. Common Ford, wake up, fender mounted antennas are from the 60's

• Like 1

My earlier post missed "bimmer848" comments and I also agree with him. My 2001.5 Passat has features that the 2013 Edge Limited doesn't come even close.

Yes a prop rod? I even I looked at the MKX and at CAD$58K you get a prop rod and not locking door

I'm not putting down the Edge which is a fine SUV and probably my next ride but it's upsetting to see Ford missing these important design mistakes which some of us appreciate and do not cost a lot.

Like in 2008 I was looking again for an SUV and looked at the Escape. Again no lock on the gas tank door but the worst was the antenna which was mounted on the top of the right front fender. Common Ford, wake up, fender mounted antennas are from the 60's

They're only design mistakes in your opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t want to sound picky but design mistake or not I find the windshield washer on top of the hood a NO NO. Besides that they are ugly I read in another thread on this forum that they are also cracking due to the heat from the engine. Their place should be like most of the cars under the hood and by the windshield.

Another nice to have item is a hood latch you can open from inside the cabin. What's the point of all the perimeter security when anyone can open the hood and mesh with your engine?