Found it!!!

igcitng

Additionally, this is the description of the bumper protector available from ford.

"Affix this scuff-resistant vinyl appliqué to the top of your vehicle’s rear bumper in order to help protect the upper surface from paint damage that can occur during the loading and unloading of cargo."

I wanted something a little more substantial than a "scuff resistant vinyl applique". The part from Bushwhacker is very substantial.

OK--- But, looking at the photos, it looks as if the edge curvature doesn't exactly match the bumper.

OK--- But, looking at the photos, it looks as if the edge curvature doesn't exactly match the bumper.

It is not exact, but it looks darn good and much better than chipped paint and scratches, and it is tough. The Ford vinyl one does not protect the corners, this one does. Those of us that have one now are very happy with the results, it took me months of research to find something to fit this well.

It is not exact, but it looks darn good and much better than chipped paint and scratches, and it is tough. The Ford vinyl one does not protect the corners, this one does. Those of us that have one now are very happy with the results, it took me months of research to find something to fit this well.

Sorry if I sound critical--- You did really good. I was just doing a little nitpicking. Thanks for answering my concerns! :happy feet:

Sorry if I sound critical--- You did really good. I was just doing a little nitpicking. Thanks for answering my concerns! :happy feet:

I am incredibly picky also, prob worse than anyone especially with my car and why it took so long to find one that I was willing to invest in to try. I get it from my dad. I showed him my handywork and he was actually impressed with the look and the fit, so that is quite the stamp of approval to me. :) He would have said something if it looked at all offensive. Someone needs to design one for the Edge-same concept just sharper turns.

• 2 weeks later...
The 3M tape on that thing is not going anywhere. On my Blazer I had the vent shades and the door sill protectors and they used the same tape, held for almost 8 years in the heat and rain and bitter cold, no problems.

I received my bumper protector and installed today. It isn't a perfect fit but should do the job.

I had a difficult job getting the curve to fit correctly. Both ends fit good but the middle is as much as 1/4" out. I think I will fill the gap in with some black silicone.

I also had to pay $33.00 to get it through customs to Canada.

Looks Good.

Just an update, I have a 2010 Edge and live in Canada. I ordered the product from TRD Sparks as mentiones in this thread. It was the cheapest I could find. The part came in a Toyota Box (said genuine Toyota part) and fit perfectly! Thanks to everyone on here for the info.

Really easy to install.

In hind sight, seeing the part is for a toyota, and says Toyota on the box, I'm sure any Toyota dealer can get it and I could have saved the shipping and brokerage fees that I had to pay for ordering it online.

In the end I paid just over 100 cdn. 45 part, 30 shipping, 30 duty.

• 2 weeks later...

I have bought a bunch of stuff off of TRD Sparks website since my last car was a Scion. They are very reputable. I am pretty sure the reason it came in a Toyota box is because TRD Sparks probably ships things out in their own boxes when you buy stuff. Since they are a certified Toyota parts dealer they would have packaging that says genuine Toyota part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unless they changed something, should fit 07-2010

I sure am glad I tuned into this form, @Igciting. I took your advice, and pruchased the rear bumper cover. It got here today from "Bushwhacker". It fits perfectly and installed easily, Looks great. Henry Ford himself would have approved. Thanks for pointing the way.

Edited by Shackelford