dabangsta
Edge Member-
Posts
680 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
55
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by dabangsta
-
Doors Intelligent Access
dabangsta replied to Mickalo's topic in Alarms, Keyless Entry, Locks & Remote Start
You should get plenty of clues before it will leave you stranded. As an extension of this thread, I noticed that when locking and unlocking my vehicle many times without starting it (I was helping someone move, from a distant parking spot, with a lot of people around) that eventually only the drivers door would lock/unlock with the proximity sensors. When you stop the engine running and remain in the car in delay exit mode, and the radio starts shutting down to save the battery. When FordPass says that it is disabling remote access (this can happen after a few months of it sitting, but if you drive it regularly and get it, then it is getting close). As mentioned, a good test (meaning they also charge it first) that shows SoC, CCA, resistance, SoH, and voltage will help determine that. I pushed an AGM battery down to 200 CCA (a 760 CCA rated battery) and used it for 6 months, because I had a jump box, I was the only driver (no wife or kids), it was around town. Once the wife took it back over, and we went on vacation, I replaced it. It started the vehicle fine, but auto start/stop was always disabled, couldn't listen to the radio with the engine off, and every 2 weeks remote access was disabled. -
WRAITH//EDGE — 2012 Edge Limited | American VIP / Stance Build
dabangsta replied to WRAITHEDGE's topic in 2012 Edge & MKX
Well, you made it your own, can't fault you there. Most people complain about the poor headlight output, can't imagine them with what looks like tint. A widebody Edge kit I would love to see, and no wheel well gap.- 2 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- ford 3.5 v6
- ford edge 2012
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
2013 Edge SEL remote start with phone
dabangsta replied to jenniw's topic in Alarms, Keyless Entry, Locks & Remote Start
I don't think the Edge got Ford/SYNC Connect until 2019. If these older posts you see about adding Ford/SYNC Connect to older vehicles were 3G modems, then you can just substitute a 4G/LTE modem. My 2016 MKZ was released with a 3g modem/TCU, and I bought a 4G TCU and 4G antenna and upgraded it. I haven't seen any posts or documentation in adding Ford/SYNC Connect to a vehicle that doesn't have it, other than something that plugs into the OBD port.- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
Picking through the edit and added posts. need v3.4 to use CarPlay/Android Auto? no, you need 2.2 or higher, 3.0 for the early hardware is the highest it can go natively (without using alternate method to install), and it supports wired CarPlay/Android Auto AsBuilt data is 3.4 not 3.0 not really related. AsBuilt is configuration, not software revision. I guess the selection for the boot screen slightly changes between 3.0 and 3.4. didn't install updated media/usb hub I would find that error prompt every start up annoying, and having the part and a small effort to replace? Are you really gonna tear into the center console and center stack to replace the APIM and screen? I am not sure that side loading 3.4 onto the APIM would cause issues when the demand self test was ran by the dealer, I suspect it wouldn't.
-
2021 Ford Edge SEL with Vented Rear Brakes
dabangsta replied to Edgy_driver's topic in Brakes, Chassis & Suspension
In 2021 the AWD Edge (SE, SEL, Titanium, ST-Line) got the larger vented rear rotors. The FWD still had solid. 2022+ are all AWD so all have larger vented rotors. I don't think the brake pads are different between the smaller non vented and the larger vented rotors. The front pads are the same for the smaller FWD rotors as they are for the larger AWD rotors. -
bottom broken out of 2019+ cup holder
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in Interior, A.C., Heat, Interior Trim
I forgot to add I tried the clips that are used by Ford to fix this issue with the 2020-2024 Explorer (I grabbed a handful of them from the you pull it junk yard, same as used for most Ford cowl covers) but unlike the Explorer, there is not a large enough flat spot to use the clips. 25-2614.pdf -
For under $200 you can get a newer APIM that supports 3.4 of the software (it is way more responsive, darker interface). Most places can and will program it with your VINs as build data, or you can do it yourself. If you want Apple CarPlay via the USB cable then you need 2.2 or higher of the software and the media console USB hub updated. I too have many questions about what actual version you have, but between the error code U3000:04 and the error not enough space, it likely is a hardware issue.
-
Looks like the Weathertech generic trim to fit mat (that hasn't been trimmed). I trimmed mine for my 2017 Escape, and just use it as is, too small, in my Edge
-
2019 2.0 didn't get the engine cover, but all seem to still have the hood insulating pad. I think 2020 both were deleted. You have some of the attachment points for the engine cover. With the change to the location of the oil fill and dipstick for the 2019+ engine, the Ford engine cover is difficult to find for your 2019+ (I don't think they made one). The Lincoln badged one seems easier to source. There is a stud and a ball top that replaces a regular stud on the engine for one of the attachment points. Personally I think it helps a bit with the loud clacky high pressure direct injection injectors and pump. I left it off of my 2016 MKZ, and while it is subtle, there is more clacking, but it isn't silent (nor is it all that loud).
-
bottom broken out of 2019+ cup holder
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in Interior, A.C., Heat, Interior Trim
Apparently my family are aggressive cup holder users. The epoxy and other adhesives didn't work out, shocker, I know. I was going to get the POM plastic pop rivets and tool, but I figured I would try a 1/8 aluminum with a backing on both sides. I think this is the winner. I have a plastic welding kit I will do the 2 that don't have an open backside, but I won't be doing it again, I will order another cup holder. The gore: I found a decent length one, I have quite a few mismatched collections of rivets. I would have liked a little longer body, but these snapped the mandrel before enough pressure to break the plastic, and with the backers, shouldn't pull through. -
2019+ got AWD disconnect is one difference, even it that doesn't mean the change is in the PTU.
-
First issue with my Edge, thank God for Powertrain warranty
dabangsta replied to 22CarbGrayElite's topic in 2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't have a warranty, and my 2019 8F35 died. They said they could pull it and diagnose it and fix it, with a cost of $4k-10k. I wimped out and just said replace it. I was not doing well with a household of 3 with 3 jobs and school and one vehicle. I sorta wish I had them diagnose it and fix it versus replace it, as that erased all gains of buying a used vehicle, but I think it is my last Ford, which would be weird with a 40 year Ford/Lincoln/Mercury only history. -
Fusion wheel is the same(ish), and I think they more frequently have the paddle shifters than the Edge.
-
I think most get a used steering wheel, and depending on the wheel, just pull off the switches, back cover, and wiring and put them on their existing wheel, if the one they get is in worse shape than theirs, or doesn't have the right cruise switches. While the switches are available my themselves new or used, I don't think the rear cover is, many steering wheels I see for sale used on eBay they remove the paddle shifters, many have the rear cover with the holes but no paddle/switches.
-
Something seemed off last trip. My giant cup no longer required being pushed into the cup holder, and it wobbled. Come to find out the bottom on the front of was sagging, the fingers pushed out, and the rear one was lose and the rubber bottom had the tab out of reach between the pieces. Driving through dust storms and living in the desert these piano black panels are terrible looking in a day. So after pulling out the side trim of the center console, pulling up on the center console at the rear and front, and disconnecting the auto Stop/Start button, removed the cup holder section from the console. The sonic welded spots had all broken. elastic/silicone/rubber band that provides the resistance for the fingers that grip your cup(s) I just used a 2 part epoxy after roughing up the surfaces. I have the feeling I will be doing this again soon, I am going to get POM rivets for that now that I see what I am up against. Yes, I forgot to install the band before putting the bottom back on, so I had to get creative with it. These are $25 from online Ford dealers, so if I screw up too bad next time I will just buy a new one. But the posts and welds are pretty bad.
-
CEL after filling up with E15/Unleaded 88/Eco 88
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in 2.0L EcoBoost
A lot of either wrong manuals in your vehicles infotainment system, or...who knows. Creative interpretation? E15 is okay for 2001 and newer vehicles, some are grand fathered in due to the EPA testing them. Every Ford Edge. 2013 or newer, in the owners manual, states that not more than 15% ethanol. You know what is not more than 15%???? 15%. Sure, if I had bottomless pockets, or didn't drive 22,000 miles a year, or didn't have a appliance CUV, sure, always 91/93 pure gas 0% ethanol. Especially if it sat with a tank of gas for more than a few days, which mine doesn't. https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=9611&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&moidRef=G2126645&Uid=G2170137&ProcUid=G2134123&userMarket=usa&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False&buildtype=we -
CEL after filling up with E15/Unleaded 88/Eco 88
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in 2.0L EcoBoost
Higher octane than recommended and under the ethanol percentage cut off, and same ethanol percentage as winter gas, and that is bad? I guess I think of this vehicle as just an appliance. Save $1200 a year in gas, 20%, is huge for me. I might have jumped to conclusions that it is related to the gas, or maybe it is fine when it isn't 110 degrees, or lower altitude than where I filled up. I still am trying to get the stored/historical code, but nothing is showing it. If you think that running 93 octane is the only way, good on you. It is an $.80 premium over 87 where I live, $12 a tank. Fill it twice a week, that is a steak dinner for a family. If it was my weekend toy, like my previous car, sure, it would get premium. 4,000 miles a year the difference is less than $200. -
CEL after filling up with E15/Unleaded 88/Eco 88
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in 2.0L EcoBoost
Not E85. Plenty of hard core tuned for E85 performance vehicles around me, they are used to getting 150 miles per tank. The smell of of burning is unique and easy to spot. I have never used E85, in an E85 capable vehicle the cost versus mpg doesn't work out. E15 is only 5% more than normal summer gas, and $5 a tank less in the middle of a 3000 mile week is appreciated especially after $5.79 a gallon in CA. -
CEL after filling up with E15/Unleaded 88/Eco 88
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in 2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't connect the dots the first time, and it is fairly rare to find Unleaded88, so I haven't filled up with it for a while. Once it happened again, I looked at my receipts and I had gotten Unleaded88 that last trip at some point. I will see if I can get the actual code set, but none of my code readers see a history/current/stored fault codes. My winter gas is 15% ethanol and 87 octane, but this time of year it is only 10%. Since I would be burning 80-90% of it at once, and it won't sit in the tank, and 30 cents cheaper for better performance a negligible hit in mpg (I think it gets the same or better, as I have used it coming down from higher elevations, as well as going to higher elevations). In May of this year a bill passed allowing year around distribution of E15, due to probable lack of gasoline (the one that everyone with a pre 2001 car freaked out about). -
CEL after filling up with E15/Unleaded 88/Eco 88
dabangsta replied to dabangsta's topic in 2.0L EcoBoost
The owners manual (my 2019, your 2024) say specifically nothing over 15% ethanol, so Eco 88 should be fine. -
I was driving on the interstate, adaptive cruise set to 82, ambient temp was 115 degrees. White background message, with a red upside down triangle and exclamation point, with the only word I caught out of the all of "slow" or "slowly". It went away in a couple of seconds so I couldn't read it. I don't see any alerts in the owners manual that sounds similar. Anyone know what the message might have been? Not only was it quick to disappear, the sun shining on the cluster made it hard to read also.
-
I normally do not have access to Unleaded 88. When I travel to Colorado through New Mexico, They offer 85 octane, 87 "mid", and 90 "premium". A few stations also have Eco88 (which is 87 octane regular unleaded mixed with E85 to a Ethanol content of 15%). It is $.30 cheaper than 85, and higher octane. My vehicle runs great with it, and the fuel mileage is close enough to using regular unleaded that there isn't a trackable difference. However this time after putting in 17.5 gallons in the tank (the 30 miles to empty alert was triggered, the gas station I had planned on stopping at was out of gas, the next one had a power outage), I got a CEL. When I look back to the last time this happened, I think I had a tank of Eco 88 also. The less than helpful message in the app is the same as last time, but it goes away before I can get it, and it isn't saved as a historical code, which is odd. I will try another reader, but Forscan or Torque app don't see any stored codes or pending, or current codes. It isn't happening during idle, it is after bombing down the highway at 85 mph for a couple hours. I filled up with 86 octane later on (used 85% of the tank of Eco 88), and continued on. Once it sat overnight (I had driven 12 hours, and wasn't up for checking the code) next startup the CEL was off.
-
2016 MKZ, I first mounted under the speaker cover, where the Edge cubby is, but moved it to the top of my cluster because it rattled. Both locations it worked after a few minutes of driving around. It was a cheapo that came with the kit I ordered, i don't know the source other than China along with everything else. I don't use factory SYNC 3 navigation I use Android Auto and Apple Carplay, but the indication on the dash is consistent and correct. Android Auto doesn't always know which way my vehicle is pointed at the start of navigation until move but I think it is using the phone compass and GPS at that point.
-
Black screen on sync 3 retrofit
dabangsta replied to Kaysr07's topic in Audio, Backup, Navigation & SYNC
Where did you source the screen and APIM from? The screen only connects to the APIM using that 4 pin LVDS cable, is that plugged in? If it doesn't really work, but you can communicate with it using Forscan, then it could be a bad screen, cable, or not plugged in. Also not all APIMs can control an 8 inch screen, some are for smaller format screens (Transit Connect comes to mind). I did this update to my 2016 MKZ, I decided to go with a ~$300 kit from China, as a bonus they did use my VIN and AsBuilt data to enable all my options (ambient lighting, cooled seats, active park assist, etc), but I did go and change some things like the startup sequence. I had to modify my screen mount, but otherwise it was plug and play.
