charcoal air cabin filter

So I was trying to find a charcoal air cabin filter that fit the 2011 MKX. I found this Fram one, got it for $29.50 with free shipping on ebay. Fram's site even has an installation video!!

http://www.framfreshbreeze.com/instructions/2011/LINCOLN/MKX

Here's another one, slightly more expensive:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fram-CF10547-Fresh-Breeze-Carbon-Cabin-Air-Filter-/320874901990?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2011|Model%3AMKX&hash=item4ab5a271e6&vxp=mtr

So I was trying to find a charcoal air cabin filter that fit the 2011 MKX. I found this Fram one, got it for $29.50 with free shipping on ebay. Fram's site even has an installation video!!

http://www.framfreshbreeze.com/instructions/2011/LINCOLN/MKX

Here's another one, slightly more expensive:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fram-CF10547-Fresh-Breeze-Carbon-Cabin-Air-Filter-/320874901990?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2011|Model%3AMKX&hash=item4ab5a271e6&vxp=mtr

Just replaced mine with charcoal one. Neighbor ordered it with some things he was

ordering and was only $8.00. They have several different ones you can order. Took

me less than 5 minutes to replace. Trust me im no mechanic but i did it.

Just replaced mine with charcoal one. Neighbor ordered it with some things he was

ordering and was only $8.00. They have several different ones you can order. Took

Have you noticed any change in air flow?

I'd be interested in an $8. charcoal one. Sounds very inexpensive. In my reading, only cheap paper ones were in that range, not charcoal. Pls provide the info.

:happy feet: Yeah, let us knowm where you ordered it from for $8, that's a steal.

RockAuto Parts Is where i ordered mine.

This is a link to the Web Sight

http://www.rockauto.com/

Below is a listing of the parts they range from Price $4.89 To $30.79

Motocraft here is $10 .79 Through dealer its around $25.00

hope this helps

the one i ordered was this one $7.16

No change in air flow mine was only one year old and not real dirty only have 6000 miles on car

Premium Line; 7-3/4" Length; 7-3/8" Width; 5/8" Depth

ATP Premium Cabin Air Filters feature activated carbon to remove odors and a static charge to remove fine particles, dust, pollen and mold spores.

2011 FORD EDGE 3.5L V6 : Heat & Air Conditioning : Cabin Air Filter Price Alternate

ATP Part # CF126

{#7T4Z19N619B} Value Line; 7-3/4" Length; 7-3/8" Width; 5/8" Depth

Particulate (White) Only (Only 15 Remaining)

$4.89

Add Part

ATP Part # FA14

Carbon and Particulate (Removes Odors too)

$7.16

Add Part

PENTIUS Part # PHB5876

- Stocked in outlying warehouse--shipping delayed up to 1 business day

$8.72

Add Part

MOTORCRAFT Part # FP65

{#7T4Z19N619B}

Pollen Air Filter

$10.83

Add Part

WIX Part # 24065

{#CF10547}

$13.03

Add Part

FRAM Part # CF10547

AIR FreshBreeze Cabin Air Filters

Cabin Air Filter

$30.79

Add Part

Share these part listings with your friends:

Your Email Address: Your Name

Please enter your friends' email addresses below:

Address 1: Address 2:

Address 3: Address 4:

Please enter the security code exactly as shown in the image:

New Image Send Email

Edited by ladybird4

RockAuto Parts Is where i ordered mine.

This is a link to the Web Sight

http://www.rockauto.com/

Below is a listing of the parts they range from Price $4.89 To $30.79

Motocraft here is $10 .79 Through dealer its around $25.00

hope this helps

the one i ordered was this one $7.16

No change in air flow mine was only one year old and not real dirty only have 6000 miles on car

ATP Premium Cabin Air Filters feature activated carbon to remove odors and a static charge to remove fine particles, dust, pollen and mold spores.

2011 FORD EDGE 3.5L V6 : Heat & Air Conditioning : Cabin Air Filter Price Alternate

ATP Part # CF126

{#7T4Z19N619B} Value Line; 7-3/4" Length; 7-3/8" Width; 5/8" Depth

Particulate (White) Only (Only 15 Remaining)

$4.89

Add Part

ATP Part # FA14

Carbon and Particulate (Removes Odors too)

$7.16

Add Part

PENTIUS Part # PHB5876

$8.72

Add Part

MOTORCRAFT Part # FP65

{#7T4Z19N619B}

Pollen Air Filter

$10.83

Add Part

WIX Part # 24065

{#CF10547}

$13.03

Add Part

FRAM Part # CF10547

AIR FreshBreeze Cabin Air Filters

Cabin Air Filter

$30.79

Add Part

Share these part listings with your friends:

Your Email Address: Your Name

Please enter your friends' email addresses below:

Address 1: Address 2:

Address 3: Address 4:

Please enter the security code exactly as shown in the image:

New Image Send Email

Ladybird, thanks for supplying the info. I ordered 2 of them to see what they're like. Now I'm set for a while, LOL.

• 2 months later...

I picked up a Fram Fresh Breeze filter at Canadian Tire for around $25. They don't fit!!!

The come in a plastic sleeve that looks like it should just pop in but there is no way it can. I took the filter apart from the plastic piece and it fit in snug but I didnt like it. Looks like I might just order off amazon. Anyone else use the fresh breeze cabin filter?

I picked up a Fram Fresh Breeze filter at Canadian Tire for around $25. They don't fit!!!

The come in a plastic sleeve that looks like it should just pop in but there is no way it can. I took the filter apart from the plastic piece and it fit in snug but I didnt like it. Looks like I might just order off amazon. Anyone else use the fresh breeze cabin filter?

I have, I too bought mine from Canadian Tire about a month ago & had to struggle with it to get it to fit.

• 1 month later...

I would be slightly cautious about washing it with soap. As a surfactant, the soap will actually draw and hold more dirt down into the fibers (these were not designed to be reused). It smells good and looks clean now, but will soon become a mess...

Also, if you cant ensure that it is completely dried, you may also run the risk of proliferating mold in the filter.

Just my $0.02...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have, I too bought mine from Canadian Tire about a month ago & had to struggle with it to get it to fit.

There is a plastic ridge fin that runs lengthwise in the air filter box. Did you make sure that the fins on the filter are running the same way? Otherwise you will have one hell of a time fitting it in. Just turn the filter 90 degrees and that plastic fin will slide into one of the grooves on the filter to keep it from sliding around

• 1 year later...

Just bringing this post back to life for some of us new owner's. I just ordered 2 of the ATP FA-14 carbon cabin filters from Rock Auto. They were $10.37 each. I also ordered a Motorcraft Oil Filter FL500S and a carbon cabin filter for my wife's MDX. Shipping for the 4 items was a very reasonable $5.60 to the Dallas area.

If interested, you can use this code to receive another 5% off your purchase. I got it off the net and it worked for me. Just enter the numbers in the area on the ordering page that asks How did you hear about us, or something to that effect.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just bringing this post back to life for some of us new owner's. I just ordered 2 of the ATP FA-14 carbon cabin filters from Rock Auto. They were $10.37 each. I also ordered a Motorcraft Oil Filter FL500S and a carbon cabin filter for my wife's MDX. Shipping for the 4 items was a very reasonable $5.60 to the Dallas area.

If interested, you can use this code to receive another 5% off your purchase. I got it off the net and it worked for me. Just enter the numbers in the area on the ordering page that asks How did you hear about us, or something to that effect.

Thanks just ordered mine

• 1 month later...

I have one of the "Screen" type filters in my 2013 Edge (like the one in a clothes dryer). I purchased a filter before i researched and realized i had the screen. There is a ton of pollen where i live in Florida. The pleated filter does fit but what kind of harm will i do if use it instead of the screen filter?

Other than perhaps having a little less airflow through the filter type, I don't think you would have any problem what so ever replacing just the mesh/screen filter. I am sure the blower motors, air ducts, etc are the same in every Edge, regardless if it was factory equipped with the mesh/screen or the paper pleated filter from the factory.

Enjoy the better purified/filtered air with the paper filter, especially if you install one that is carbon/charcoal impregnated. Should help with preventing the pollen from entering the car also.