Outside Temp Gauge

msmeg678

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport and I just installed the new A3 SYNC update. I'm disapointed that the only place I can view the outside temperature now is on the right side of the drivers gauge cluster. I don't see it anywhere on the SYNC screen up by the clock where it used to be. Anyone else notice this with the newest update?

• Like 1

I have a 2011 Ford Edge Sport and I just installed the new A3 SYNC update. I'm disapointed that the only place I can view the outside temperature now is on the right side of the drivers gauge cluster. I don't see it anywhere on the SYNC screen up by the clock where it used to be. Anyone else notice this with the newest update?

Yes. If you can see it in the small screen then what difference does it make? Sucks for the passenger but not the driver.

Yes. If you can see it in the small screen then what difference does it make? Sucks for the passenger but not the driver.

Honestly I hate those gauges in the cluster and the text at the bottom has poor contrast. So for me it is a big deal to lose the temp display. I still can't figure out the rhyme or reason to the cluster display...sometimes under entertainment I have AM/FM, Sirius and CD; sometimes we have USB as an option sometimes AV but never BT. So I can't even be bothered with the display since I never know if it will have the feature I want avaialble. For me it is just easier to work with the touch screen,so I would prefer all the info be there.

Honestly I hate those gauges in the cluster and the text at the bottom has poor contrast. So for me it is a big deal to lose the temp display. I still can't figure out the rhyme or reason to the cluster display...sometimes under entertainment I have AM/FM, Sirius and CD; sometimes we have USB as an option sometimes AV but never BT. So I can't even be bothered with the display since I never know if it will have the feature I want avaialble. For me it is just easier to work with the touch screen,so I would prefer all the info be there.

I hear ya!

The clusters are not totally in sync with the touch screen so I rarely use them.

I just leave it on the compass display only because it looks cool.

• 2 months later...

Yes, mine had both before the update. Once I noticed they were one degree different, I'm guessing one of them had an update delay.

I noticed this difference every time the temp was below zero - It was almost like one had a negative zero. I was always glad to sit on the warmer side of the car. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

It it very hard for me to see the temp because of the contrast and the small lettering. I have to take my eyes off of more important things too long in order to focus on the temp.

I don't think they moved it - I think it was always there on the small screen.

You may be correct. I never looked for the temperature reading in that small screen until it was removed from the main screen.

It it very hard for me to see the temp because of the contrast and the small lettering. I have to take my eyes off of more important things too long in order to focus on the temp.

And that's my complaint as well. The benefit of a software-based temperature readout is that they can return what they took away from their customers. I feel as if I'm just a lab rat for Ford's foray into this infotainment technology and I'm waiting for them to change the maze on me again.

Edited by netizenX

Good news, thanks. That is 1 of the 2 items that I don't like with the update. The other is the radio shows "Entertainment" instead of artist/title unless you're on one of the sub screens and not the home screen. Why the home screen couldn't also show it like it did before is beyond me.

• 2 months later...