question about center console cup holders..

Mine's finally going in to replace the sunpanel on Tuesday. I'm going to find out where mine are!

I knew something wasn't right with the cup holders...

LOL...we picked ours up and the cupholder rubber pieces and the rubber piece for the little cubby were in place....but the little rubber pieces for the door pulls were in a bag....I don't think the dealer knew what they were for and it took me quite a while to figure it out!

Glad I didn't throw them away like I started to.....

LOL

In the brochure, I swore that they had a rubber piece in the bottom of the cup holders like every other car on the road but ours does not have anything in it? Is it supposed to be this way or is our Edge missing something? Thanks.

Yes ... there are rubber inserts for the front cup holders. I found mine in the bottom of the center console, still wrapped in plastic. Strange that all the other rubber inserts had been istalled when the car was delivered to me, but for some reason these were not.[/size]

Pete in VA

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have had my creme brule', aka tan, 2007 Edge for four days and was racking my feeble brain as to what the rectangular pieces in the accessory package were.

NOW I KNOW!!!!!

Door pulls! How simple could I be?

Paul

we did the same thing......I think the door pulls rubber strips weren't installed at the dealership because they had NO IDEA where they went! LOL

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have been looking at the 08 MKX, and have seen the rubber inserts for the cupholders in the center console in a bag, but have not seen the rubber inserts for the doors? I know sometimes they are in the glove compartment, but haven't seen them there either. Can someone verify that the MKX should also have the door inserts?

Clayton

I have been looking at the 08 MKX, and have seen the rubber inserts for the cupholders in the center console in a bag, but have not seen the rubber inserts for the doors? I know sometimes they are in the glove compartment, but haven't seen them there either. Can someone verify that the MKX should also have the door inserts?

Clayton

Anyone have any idea on this? Going to be pickingup my MKX tomorrow and want to make sure they are there if they should be.

Clayton

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have any idea on this? Going to be pickingup my MKX tomorrow and want to make sure they are there if they should be.

Clayton

I'm also interested in this.. My MKX had two round rubber pieces in the center console, which I figured out were for the cup holders.

But, there was nothing else. No accessories bag.

What else is supposed to be in the bag?

• 3 months later...

don't fret - you are suppose to get them, for cup and door handles, so just ask for them and if somehow they are not in place, or not in the baggies, they cam get them for you free of charge (or just take a set off a car on the lot that has them). mine was missing 1 in the door and 1 of the cup ones was all disfigured and they just swapped them out right there and gave me the missing one from another car.

• 1 month later...
don't fret - you are suppose to get them, for cup and door handles, so just ask for them and if somehow they are not in place, or not in the baggies, they cam get them for you free of charge (or just take a set off a car on the lot that has them). mine was missing 1 in the door and 1 of the cup ones was all disfigured and they just swapped them out right there and gave me the missing one from another car.

I have had my Edge for a couple of months now and I still have not received teh cup holdre inserts from my dealer. I have checked with my saleman three times with no luck. He keeps saying that his manager has not approved them yet. I sent an email the last time to document to problem. If I do not hear from him next week, I will go above his head. It is a shame that such a small item should tarnish an otherwise excellent sales and service relationship.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine were in a bag in the glove box along with some foam pieces to go in the bottom of the door pulls.

When I picked up my Edge, the little rubber pieces were in the cup holder but there wasn't anything for the door pulls. What is this? And what does it do? Is it worth go to the dealership to get? I didn't know about these and I got my 08 last December. Thanks

Mine were in a bag in the glove box along with some foam pieces to go in the bottom of the door pulls.

Our Edge is a 2008 and we picked it up last December. When I got it they had the rubber pieces in the cupholders but I didn't see any foam pieces anywhere. What do they do? Are they worth going to the dealership to get? If they don't serve much purpose I don't want to do anything with them. thanks for your imput.

Our Edge is a 2008 and we picked it up last December. When I got it they had the rubber pieces in the cupholders but I didn't see any foam pieces anywhere. What do they do? Are they worth going to the dealership to get? If they don't serve much purpose I don't want to do anything with them. thanks for your imput.

they 'do' nothing... but keep you from seeing the inset screw in there. I would just get them next time at dealer.... but I would not make the effort to go get them