New My Ford Touch Software Released

It simplifies the code and the testing. I've done it many times. It's standard operating procedure in software development.

I'm not going to argue again about phones and contact photos. If you want to continue blaming Ford because cell phone manufacturers don't support specific bluetooth profiles then be my guest.

And I agree that none of this should be necessary but that's water under the bridge at this point.

MFT supports contact photos. It has been demonstrated to work with at least one new phone (by Wilson or wlepse - can't remember exactly but it was a new Windows phone) which proves that MFT supports that feature in its bluetooth implementation. But the phone also has to support it and Ford has NO control over that part. It takes two to tango.

Contact photos worked from day 1. On a couple of phones anyway like my ancient Blackberry. Of course it didn't work on anything more modern because, you know, it isn't Ford's fault that technology advances.

Edited by Ctrl-z

Can any one confirm this? I just got the new software v3.5.1 on Thursday. So far nothing worth the time spent at the dealership to get it updated.

Then today I went to get attached to my home AP and my passphrase is mostly alpha. And guess what, the keyboard is ghosted! WTF ?? Switch to number pad (active) then to the keyboard, then back to the number pad, now its ghosted !

There are also visual issues like the glow of a lit button regardless if that function is selected is there.

Yeah I discovered that a while back when I tried to experiment with it. The bigger question is does having a wifi connection provide any useful functionality whatsoever??? It's not like Ford is ever going to provide a web browser like was promised when I bought my vehicle 28 months ago. One might think if Ford is intent on simplifying by stripping away features, why wouldn't they start with this?

• Like 1

There was a thread a while back where several people found it to be more of a gimick than anything. Mine does read messages but reads them in a voice and cadence that just seems unnatural. To make things worse it doesn't mute or evenly partially mute audio sources so the voice is lost. If I remember correctly the menu times out quickly so if you don't pick your option right after hearing the message you are SOL. Though I think you can use vpice commands to get back...but mine rarely work. I find pretty much any app to do the same thing is easier to manage and much safer in the end.

Yeah I discovered that a while back when I tried to experiment with it. The bigger question is does having a wifi connection provide any useful functionality whatsoever??? It's not like Ford is ever going to provide a web browser like was promised when I bought my vehicle 28 months ago. One might think if Ford is intent on simplifying by stripping away features, why wouldn't they start with this?

I agree. I actually came across the WiFi feature again the other day. I tried to connect to my home network but it would not let me key in the passcode (it would only take numeric entries). I think it was because it didn't support the modern WiFi protocols.

If Ford is actually listening to owners to determine the what features to trim down (like GPS coordinates) then why haven't they removed this useless and confusing feature?

Of course it didn't work on anything more modern because, you know, it isn't Ford's fault that technology advances.

The Bluetooth profile that supports that feature hasn't changed. The new cellphone providers are simply not supporting it in the new phones. There is no newer profile that the new phones support that MFT does not. I assume there are not a lot of bluetooth devices that use that feature so the cellphone providers simply aren't adding it.

Akirby... always challenges the owner on why something doesn't work, why it is hard, & never offers real ideas to get it to work....But then name drops some of his knowledge... but No solution offered ...

For example: see sync forum...I participated in the suggestions to bring back the Temp back & delete the Far/Cel & Menu text to make room & it worked. I suggested the fan speed icon come back in some fashion & how a press of a button- IE Touch- would bring it back on a on demand basis- and it did. I asked and got the On demand reboot app & not the delayed reboot. I asked if the delayed reboot in Sirius could do similar when it became clear they stopped the on demand reboot distribution- got a yes from the IT tech- & then posted about it. Then others extracted it & the app took off. So How about some of the same on your end.....

"Bluetooth profile that supports that feature hasn't changed. The new cell phone providers..." Seem to be missing my whole point.

Take the BT out of the mix since we all see it is not robustly applied by all. When you need to download the phonebook into sync- that should be part 1. Part 2 should take that incomplete data base- do not blame BT- & add to the data base. Ford has not provided that solution. They have on several documented emails to me stated they were exploring & did make progress but as I said- it got back burnered. So bring it to the front burner. If outlook & BT push from another phone are ways to get phone #'s in sync when a phone was not compatible with auto download- then let us have a similar option to get a photo into the data base when BT phones do not do it on 1st go around. Just like the address that is not complete & not usable in the bnav system. Let's go in & edit to make complete.

Edited by drpepper
  • Like 1

Remove code... but isn't that he point? Performance upgrade back in 3/12 did improve performance but at a cost of removing many features & dumbing down the sys. Now more and more are removed at the cost of dumbing down the system again. And we paid a premium price for it?

Agreed the wifi that had many options to be robust but Ford gave us no practical use & keeps messing up the keyboard- hmmm that should have come 1st in removal before nav.

Got to admit there is a problem when you invite owners to beta test a backup solution for the mater reset (should have been there 2 years ago) & then go ooopps & go into retreat & silent mode when that test is not the offered or rolled out. A problem when you need a public PR complain for a mass overall twice in one year cause the system just isn't performing as planned. I bought into Lincoln Luxury vs. foreign. 1.8, 2.3, 2.4,,2.7, 2.8, 2.11, 3.0, 3.2, 3.5 that is NINE versions. That is a lot of reasons in 2 years to have issues with Ford for the Lincoln Luxury.

Don't get me wrong I am glad they are trying to improve- we just question the speed & accuracy of each move. Fix something- maybe- so roll the dice on that BUT we have a gota ya moment hanging over your heads on what might be removed. Tell me that doesn't make you want to %%$##

A built in NAV is a very premium price vs. a $150 Garmin & a big money maker for them & Ford really blew it in proving that premium will never be worth it.

Obviously you guys expect way more from an in-car infotainment system than the average buyer and you're never going to be happy with it until you can write your own code and run your own apps. I don't see how Ford could possibly satisfy you.

Can't speak for the other guys or girls but for me I just want what they sold me to work and work at least 95% of the time. What is the most enraging about this system is that sometimes it does work fine then sometimes it just won't. When we first updated the background noise on calls was much reduced but that only lasted a few weeks. Phones connected quick but now it is hit and miss. Sometimes I can't even force them to connect or they are grayed out. But probably the biggest disappointment is the voice control. I would say I get this to work less than 20% of the time. But what makes it extra annoying is I can get five steps in with no problems then it just decides to do nothing and return me to my audio source....well sometimes MY audio source...sometimes it feels I really wanted something else. I realize it will never be perfect but it is so far from even being adequate you comments are really just silly.

• Like 1

I beleive many of us saw the Adds- pictures, videos, the auto show demos .. & then we put down the $$$., Then it doesn't work as promised.

Funny...there is a section for apps in the MFT menu- there just aren't any released after 2 + years. Funny- there is a feature called app link- to actually link those apps to the voice infoentertainment system- it just doesn't work with MFT. Funny - isn't that the point of sync- to use your voice? Yea- must be us non average buyers that saw the vision and actually expected it to work. So the average buyer is expected to see that GLAMOR but never use the voice or press the buttons to see that it doesn't work. Yep. You got us. So glad we are not AVERAGE!!

So Ford is revamping/overhauling the system- twice in 2012 with a PR/Marketing announcements, mass mailings of USBs & glossy books, extendning the warranty to UNLIMITED miilage, increasing the warranty time by a year and then by another year because us NON-AVERAGE minority car buyers expect more than the average buyer? WOW. Ford moved the earth for us few. You have LOST so bad in the defend Ford to hell and back that you no longer hear what you are typing.

Ford said bring all your different phones to OUR system & we will SYNC! But Ford can not deliver & now Ford defenders blame us for actually following that call.

So to get back more on point---If Ford puts tech in car- YES- the reasonable expectation is that the tech will work for the masses & will not be taken away with-out notice. A small % of non-compliance is expected. BUT as we know based on Ford's actions & the tech reviews- not are writtiings-- small non compliance is simple not so- there has been a LARGE non-compliance. And yes- We complain if something doesn't work. We complain louder when the result is it is left as non-compliant or when it is simply removed without notice- RATHER than make it MAJORITY compliant.

I beleive many of us saw the Adds- pictures, videos, the auto show demos .. & then we put down the $$$., Then it doesn't work as promised.

Funny...there is a section for apps in the MFT menu- there just aren't any released after 2 + years. Funny- there is a feature called app link- to actually link those apps to the voice infoentertainment system- it just doesn't work with MFT. Funny - isn't that the point of sync- to use your voice? Yea- must be us non average buyers that saw the vision and actually expected it to work. So the average buyer is expected to see that GLAMOR but never use the voice or press the buttons to see that it doesn't work. Yep. You got us. So glad we are not AVERAGE!!

So Ford is revamping/overhauling the system- twice in 2012 with a PR/Marketing announcements, mass mailings of USBs & glossy books, extendning the warranty to UNLIMITED miilage, increasing the warranty time by a year and then by another year because us NON-AVERAGE minority car buyers expect more than the average buyer? WOW. Ford moved the earth for us few. You have LOST so bad in the defend Ford to hell and back that you no longer hear what you are typing.

Ford said bring all your different phones to OUR system & we will SYNC! But Ford can not deliver & now Ford defenders blame us for actually following that call.

So to get back more on point---If Ford puts tech in car- YES- the reasonable expectation is that the tech will work for the masses & will not be taken away with-out notice. A small % of non-compliance is expected. BUT as we know based on Ford's actions & the tech reviews- not are writtiings-- small non compliance is simple not so- there has been a LARGE non-compliance. And yes- We complain if something doesn't work. We complain louder when the result is it is left as non-compliant or when it is simply removed without notice- RATHER than make it MAJORITY compliant.

Mine works great after I got a new phone.....

"This. ^^^^" does nothing to elaborate on all the issues I pointed out. Very weak counterpoint. Almost childish & not very professional- Again.

The "mine works great" with no details really means nothing. Mine is great to If I define great just staring & doing nothing. I mention missing features and removed features and texasopa chimes in with nothing to support his position - no details, no elaboration. That is no debate or interesting conversation or true exhange of ideas or a diffeernt shared persectivewith that type of short reply.

I made my points. Extended 2 year warranty with no mileage cap due to a messed up system proves my point. "This. ^^^^ " adds absolutely no value. I can read the post above .

In the interest of full disclosure texasopa - did you have to pay for your new phone? I got Ford to pay me $300 to get a brand new iphone & paid me $180 for 6 months of a data plan due to my old dumb phone failing after the 3/12 upgrade. It was eaiser for them to pay me off then address the dumb phones not be supported at all at that time. Not a one was on the tested list post 3/12 update & my phone failed despite severaly log files sent to an Ford IT engineer. Dealership verified it was the MFT software from corp & a dealer could do nothng other that nod their head & agree that the customer was telling a true story. I am not interested in hearing more on why Ford thought it was prudent to approve that kind of disbursment to solve my issues to only have new ones surface with the BLAME THE PHONE.

Edited by drpepper

My navigation (2011 Edge) freaked out few days ago. It took almost an hour to fix it and I had to reset the system to factory default. I could't write any destination by using the keyboard, but I was able to use voice recognition to add the destination. Weird. Now the navigation is also ~40-50 feet behind the actual position. For example if I am exactly on the center of the intersection, navigation shows that there is still 40 feet left before the intersection. This is really annoying. I really hope that this new navigation update will fix the problems. Does anyone else have similar problems?

It's not childish or unprofessional (not that professionalism is a requirement here). You're complaining about features that the vast majority of MFT owners don't use or care about.

It sounds like you bought a $30K+ vehicle just because it could display contact photos and read text messages. Why is this such a deal breaker?

This. ^^^^

Actually that isn't the answer and is a cheap cop out by Ford. All the phones I have synced have had issues at some point with this system. And I know you are going to try to say it is still the phone but during these periods of issues the phones connect fine to multiple other BT devices. I can stream music, push files and talk through headsets with NO issues. So this has everything to do with how Ford implements BT as well as other features. Oh wait, next you will say it is all B Squares fault.

Again, sometimes this thing works fine others it just completely craps out. If they could just get it stable sp I could at least count on the system to work that would be a good start.

I previuosly updated to V3.5.1 using the TSB, now on www.SyncMyRide.com, the update history shows new text undert he Description of the update, whats new is that it now shows what kind of improvements came with the 3.5.1 update:

• Return of the outside air temperature to the 8-inch display
  • Updated phone pairing process
  • Enhanced voice and screen destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Simplified voice commands for music
  • Enhancements to voice recognition
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

SyncMyRide is planning a shutdown in the coming 2 hours, maybe the update is planned for thoses who did not update through the TSB yet.

post-24673-0-46487500-1355137307_thumb.jpg

Edited by omar302

"This. ^^^^" does nothing to elaborate on all the issues I pointed out. Very weak counterpoint. Almost childish & not very professional- Again.

The "mine works great" with no details really means nothing. Mine is great to If I define great just staring & doing nothing. I mention missing features and removed features and texasopa chimes in with nothing to support his position - no details, no elaboration. That is no debate or interesting conversation or true exhange of ideas or a diffeernt shared persectivewith that type of short reply.

I made my points. Extended 2 year warranty with no mileage cap due to a messed up system proves my point. "This. ^^^^ " adds absolutely no value. I can read the post above .

In the interest of full disclosure texasopa - did you have to pay for your new phone? I got Ford to pay me $300 to get a brand new iphone & paid me $180 for 6 months of a data plan due to my old dumb phone failing after the 3/12 upgrade. It was eaiser for them to pay me off then address the dumb phones not be supported at all at that time. Not a one was on the tested list post 3/12 update & my phone failed despite severaly log files sent to an Ford IT engineer. Dealership verified it was the MFT software from corp & a dealer could do nothng other that nod their head & agree that the customer was telling a true story. I am not interested in hearing more on why Ford thought it was prudent to approve that kind of disbursment to solve my issues to only have new ones surface with the BLAME THE PHONE.

I was able to upgrade my phone, due to contract renewal. I had a iPhone 4gs, that would Bluetooth with no problem. But no text to voice. I got a new Samsung Galaxy S III. The text to voice does work on that. It will read it and

I can repeat it, if I need to by the right steering wheel button.

If I'm not moving it will show the text on the main screen if I want. I also get a screen after that with about 15 reply's if I want to send one.

I guess what I'm getting at I knew my iphone wouldn't do what I wanted, when I upgraded my phone I made SURE to get one that did. I started a thread on here, just to be sure I did, I didn't trust the list from Sync my Ride, and I didn't know how current it was, but my new phone IS on the list. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/11617-what-phone-for-mft-text-to-voice/

But, I still don't know what I can do now that I have my EDGE hooked up to my home wireless??

Actually that isn't the answer and is a cheap cop out by Ford. All the phones I have synced have had issues at some point with this system. And I know you are going to try to say it is still the phone but during these periods of issues the phones connect fine to multiple other BT devices. I can stream music, push files and talk through headsets with NO issues. So this has everything to do with how Ford implements BT as well as other features. Oh wait, next you will say it is all B Squares fault.

Again, sometimes this thing works fine others it just completely craps out. If they could just get it stable sp I could at least count on the system to work that would be a good start.

Meanwhile others seem to have no problems. I still think you have flaky hardware. There are bugs that could cause phone sync problem so I'm not ruling that out but when you're talking about features that work fine for some phones and don't work for others it's pretty clear that's on the cell phone provider.

I was able to upgrade my phone, due to contract renewal. I had a iPhone 4gs, that would Bluetooth with no problem. But no text to voice. I got a new Samsung Galaxy S III. The text to voice does work on that. It will read it and

I can repeat it, if I need to by the right steering wheel button.

If I'm not moving it will show the text on the main screen if I want. I also get a screen after that with about 15 reply's if I want to send one.

I guess what I'm getting at I knew my iphone wouldn't do what I wanted, when I upgraded my phone I made SURE to get one that did. I started a thread on here, just to be sure I did, I didn't trust the list from Sync my Ride, and I didn't know how current it was, but my new phone IS on the list. http://www.fordedgef...-text-to-voice/

But, I still don't know what I can do now that I have my EDGE hooked up to my home wireless??

What carrier do you have? I also have an iPhone (5) but did try a Samsung Galaxy S3. On the Samsung I didn't get texts but did have the option to send a text from the list. When I did try sending that too didn't work

Oh and thanks Kirby for the reply

Edited by tpm419419
  • Like 1