New My Ford Touch Software Released

I updated MFT/Sync software this morning (11-09-12) with the new update. They must have released this in the last week or so... There are some nice changes like outside temp on the home screen, zoom options when backing up and many others. Just download it from the Sync website onto a memory stick and install it. It will take an hour or so with the vehicle running.

copied from other thread .... and this will be the last.

Ā 

Did some quick research on this - appears legit. (trust but verify - :shades: ) However, your mileage may very. Since this is a TSB your local dealership may not want to install the update unless you can prove you're having one of the covered issues. (I've read)

Ā 

Also, if you have NAV - the update will make necessary a new A4 NAV card. If you do the update and don't get the card, you'll not have NAV operation. (I've read)

Ā 

Most are reporting increase in speed from screen to screen. Others are reporting control of the climate control is back (hmm never lost mine)

Ā 

Reports of radio presets staying but Sirius presets go MIA. One person reported all their custom wall papers disappeared.

Ā 

Personally, I think I'm going to take a wait and see on this one ... my MFT has working nearly perfect but could benefit from a speed boost.

I had my 2011 into my dealer yesterday for some MFT voice recognition issues, and they updated me to 3.5.1 plus the new nav card.

Ā 

I don't know if it's coincidence, but now my Travel Link services are active and working. I'm in the Toronto area, and the services have only worked sporadically in the past, I assume while they were testing the system. Whether or not the services remain active remains to be seen, but at least for now things look good.

Edited by ciggy

Just did the Gen 2 v3.5.1 update. The maps have been updated, the new card is version A4, they now have streets they didn't have before. MFT used to read my texts after the last MFT update but before the last update on my phone but I haven't gotten it to work since, I have a Galaxy S3 with ICS. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the Jelly Bean OS update on my phoneto see if the messaging will start working again. I did notice with this version of MFT that the phone now says something to the effect that Sync is requesting access to your messages, to which I always say yes. The bluetooth pairing is also much easier, the pin shows up on both the phone and MFT and all you need to do is confirm it is correct. Seems like a good update so far, I'm 6 hours into it :)

Edited by gagetAl

I had my 2011 into my dealer yesterday for some MFT voice recognition issues, and they updated me to 3.5.1 plus the new nav card.

Ā 

I don't know if it's coincidence, but now my Travel Link services are active and working. I'm in the Toronto area, and the services have only worked sporadically in the past, I assume while they were testing the system. Whether or not the services remain active remains to be seen, but at least for now things look good.

Ā 

There's a free trial for the travel link stuff and sirius radio right now.

I had the 3.5.1 Installed. In the navigation section-I can not locate the Direct input of the GPS latitude/Longitude as in prior versions- that was on page 2- there is no page 2 like before. In the clock section I do not see a daylight savings time "on/off" selection but there is a reset to GPS time. Breadcrumbs are no longer restricted to .5 mile but 10 miles & it continued what is the limit? fan speed indicator back sorta of when you change the fan speed an icon will POP up where it says climate at the bottom right quadrant- show the change & then disappear. There is now a 3 led light option in the music blue tooth connect icon under the usb- I guess for multible blue tootconnections of audio? POI categories drilldowns are simpler view with 1 expansion & not the several deep. The view feature in nav was moved to left from the top right. There is a new menu button in top right nav that opens a drop box for nav menue organization

Dealer emailed me back & stated: have contacted the Sync technology team ( 877.945.3648) in regards to your questions. In the new format the daylight saving feature is automatic and cannot be selected. In regards to the GPS manual input this functions has also been deleted. If you have any questions in regards to inputting GPS locations you can contact the Sync Team directly at 877.945.3648.

Ā 

OK why on an expensive car nav was this removed- just to make a 1 page presentation & not 2 pages? Why is Ford so Calas asd to include- remove include & now remove over the releases from 1.8 through 3.5.1?

"How many people input latitude and longitude manually? " OK I'm away from forum for awhile & I return & same Snarky repy- from a moderator no less. Who does- I do!!! SO there.

I used the built in POI- it provided a wrong destination. I used sync services- wrong. I used live operator- wrong. I went to the companies web site that says- if you want the exact location with correct entrance road= Please iqnore google maps. mapquest & enter these GPS coordinates. So there. That is when I will use feature. I also have used when I go to different camp grounds or state/Fed parks & want to get a specific off the beaten path. The campground web site official address is usualy a main office or copr office down road no where near the street intersect or there is no physicall street address.

Ā 

And the point was a feature- even is not the most popular- is suddely removed with out notice!!!! Next point the CHEAP navs have it built in but expense car nav removes. Next point- it was not in, then was added on a release & now removed. Not a way for any professional business to run. And the other point- since Ford offers no back up solution - my nav favs that were stored by a specific GPS at a remote rural location- can not now not be used. They can not even extract before it is deleted. You can say where am I & it can show the GPS but you can not get the GPS out of the stored location.

• Like 2

"How many people input latitude and longitude manually? " OK I'm away from forum for awhile & I return & same Snarky repy- from a moderator no less. Who does- I do!!! SO there.

I used the built in POI- it provided a wrong destination. I used sync services- wrong. I used live operator- wrong. I went to the companies web site that says- if you want the exact location with correct entrance road= Please iqnore google maps. mapquest & enter these GPS coordinates. So there. That is when I will use feature. I also have used when I go to different camp grounds or state/Fed parks & want to get a specific off the beaten path. The campground web site official address is usualy a main office or copr office down road no where near the street intersect or there is no physicall street address.

Ā 

And the point was a feature- even is not the most popular- is suddely removed with out notice!!!! Next point the CHEAP navs have it built in but expense car nav removes. Next point- it was not in, then was added on a release & now removed. Not a way for any professional business to run. And the other point- since Ford offers no back up solution - my nav favs that were stored by a specific GPS at a remote rural location- can not now not be used. They can not even extract before it is deleted. You can say where am I & it can show the GPS but you can not get the GPS out of the stored location.

Ā 

I understand it's a nice feature and I understand why a few people might use it. I was simply trying to explain why a company might remove a feature like that and the 2 likely answers are because it had bugs that they couldn't fix in time or because it was a feature that not very many people use. It's common practice in software development. If it was buggy then it will probably be back in the next update (like the outside temperature). If they chose to delete it because it wasn't in high demand then it probably won't.

Ā 

It was a serious answer. You took it as snarky because you're upset they took away a feature you liked and used.

Thanks, akirby for your input. My last update 3.2.1, has been pretty good, the only problem that I experienced was last week, for a day and a half, everytime that I started the car, the passengers heated seat would automatically come on, at it's highest setting. I would shut it off, and upon next startup of the car, it would come back on, then the problem dissapeared, go figure !

Edited by JOEHIO

only issues I'm having with the 3.2.2 version is my phone doesn't always seem to connect. But I'd rather not waist my time at the dealer, but I guess that's the only way to update since they have to give you a new SD card for the nav. If they were smart they would make it so they could update the SD card too.

Edited by c_bova

There's a free trial for the travel link stuff and sirius radio right now.

Ā 

Noticed the traffic colors in the last few days as well up here in Montreal Qc. Everytime I call up SiriusXM Canada about this, they have no information to share as to when the friggin service will be available in Canada, except to say it should be out in just a few months; only problem is that they've been saying this for the last 2 years.

Ā 

So, anyone know some more knowledgeable contacts at SiriusXM Canada that have some clue what the plans are?

DrPepper - I feel your bro. I have a Nav .. used it twice. Use my $200.00 Garmin 2455 GPS all the time. It blows the doors off the Ford Nav. Frequent updates, fast input even if the car is moving. No annoying white flashing circle in the middle of the screen. Knows what a rural fire address is. Is always visible no matter what screen is up on the center console ... ok that last one was not the Ford Nav's fault. Just sayin ... :reading: