Must Have Mods!?

I know with owning previous vehicles they all usually had a pile of must-have mods/accssories that most owners would agree on. Do any exist with the Edge? I own a 2013 Sport and I don't plan on doing anything drastic. At the most I'd consider a cold-air intake if one is even available for a 2013 Sport?! The only thing I added so far is a set of front/back weathertech mats. Thanks

• Like 1

^ those door sills look nice than the oem Ford ones that came in my car. Installation looks like it's double sided tape though so I guess it's going over the existing plastic threshold...

I Love the look of my red Ford logo mgp caliper covers.

Edited by Edgieguy
  • Like 1

Start with a mute button for the wife.

Then, go with the LEDs and HIDs. Can't go wrong there.

I doubt one exists that could silence her. Okay, I'll have to look into the LEDs and HIDs.

Funny, first thing I thought of was Weathertechs, HIDs and LED bulbs when I read the title.

I love my weathertech mats, will look into the ones mentioned.

I would have to agree with those, i would have to say blacking out the chrome but i guess some people like it. I'm throwing codes with my cai, so until i can get that fixed i wouldn't recommend it.

Yeah, I typically don't like chrome rims, but I actually like these ones. I would love a CAI but I guess I'll wait on that.

Agreed. Weathertechs, HIDs, LEDs. The speakers are probably just a few of us...

Not much interest in the speakers, but will look into the other two.

Opening your hood will never be the same. Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT system. Surprises the guys at the dealership too. First time you change your battery you'll be glad you bought it.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-EDGE-07+.html

All right, I'll look into it too.

Just order the elite :). Has any one lQQked at this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/160990834090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Illuminated door stills from china...looks pretty cool..how complicated do you guys think it would be to sell install this?

I agree with that one.

Opening your hood will never be the same. Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT system. Surprises the guys at the dealership too. First time you change your battery you'll be glad you bought it.

http://www.redlinetuning.com/QL-FORD-EDGE-07+.html

I like this as well. I assume the elite is the preferred choice?

Another cool mod is the rear bumper guard. Many go with the OEM, the one for the scion xb or a clear bra type product.

You can always swap the antenna for a mini/BMW one, or stubby brand makes one as well.

I've got my mods listed in my sig.

Edited by candurin

Phill, my thought was the same as your first statement about most cars having mods/accessories available or them. However, I have never had a vehicle with so few as there are for the Edge. That's the very reason I began my manufacturing business making specialty LED lighting for the Edge. I couldn't find a bright LED Puddle Light or LED Daytime Running Light to replace the weak stock Edge lights. I really wanted something that performed better, so I made my own using ideas I found in forums. I only meant to make a single set for myself, but when I posted photos of my lights, I started getting tons of requests from people asking if I could make them a set. A business was born :-).

• Like 1

I added the Nifty 583016-B Catch-It Carpet Black Front Floor Mat for Select Ford Edge Models from amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Nifty-583016-B-Catch-It-Carpet-Select/dp/B00445OOH2/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_y

I like these more than the Weathertech ones, they are carpet, fit well in my 11 EDGE.

I have added LEDs to all of my interior lights and my licence plate. The rear cargo protector is a must have also. ( had the dealer give me that at purchase)

I will be adding HIDs in the near future.

Edited by boogity

• 4 weeks later...

Phil, I previously owned a car with slightly more mods than an Edge (Maxima) and I am learning that you sometimes have to be a trailblazer with these vehicles. Case in point, I am exploring upgrading the headlights to a different projector/lens combination along with adding an LED bar right below my front license plate holder. Alternative is checking out a different HID kit for the stock projectors. Why? Let's just say one drive from Sedona, AZ to Phoenix on I-17 will be enough reason (read: Beyond pitch black).

BTW: My wife told me she will NEVER argue with me on lighting mods for the Edge ever again which means GREEN LIGHT!!! I am planning to take her to SDHQ in Gilbert, AZ to show her the LED bar I want. She will need her polarized shades for this....seriously. The LED bar of choice is 8874 Lumens.

http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/11XmitterPrimeXtremeLEDLightBarEighteen5-WattLEDs40WideBeam.aspx

Wife is also aware I want to upgrade the sound system, wheels, etc. as well.

Edited by PrinzII

• 1 month later...

Somebody needs to come up with a rear bumper protector that raps around outer edge made out of brushed stainless with a rubber trim around edge. Used to own a Murano SL and liked looked and was the best bumper protector I've seen. Any findings ????

Idea? How about something like the door sill (luminated) for the rear bumper and would luminate when opening rear hatch ???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just order the elite :). Has any one lQQked at this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/160990834090?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Illuminated door stills from china...looks pretty cool..how complicated do you guys think it would be to sell install this?

What would be fun with this is to be able to change the color like the interior lighting. Oh, Dan......