MyFord Touch version 3.6

Do you pull the NAV chip before installing 3.6. I notice 3.6 is available on SMR, so thought I would down load and install. Sounds like a good idea to do a Master Reset after installation. Had to do that after 3.5 to get my phones paired up.

Do you pull the NAV chip before installing 3.6. I notice 3.6 is available on SMR, so thought I would down load and install. Sounds like a good idea to do a Master Reset after installation. Had to do that after 3.5 to get my phones paired up.

I didn't remove the Nav sd card nor are there instructions to do so. Worked fine.

Same here. It didn't say anything about removing the SD card so I took a chance. Install went fine and Nav is still working great. Other upgrades were very specific about getting an updated Nav card from Ford, but not this one.

The other upgrades required a new card because the format of the map files changed. As long as the format doesn't change you won't need a new card.

but we SHOULD always want a new card since MOST all other nav's give free map updates but Ford charges pretty Big price...

I don't think anyone does free updates for built-in automotive GPS maps. The ones I know about all seem to be $200.

If you're only talking about portable GPS then that's true.

I get offers from Honda.com for $99 to update the GPS on our 2012 Honda CRV. It has a USB port in console. I imagine some Ford parts dept will make some similar offers eventually if we shop around.

Edited by RJG

For about $200....5" portable Garmin with free lifetime map and traffic updates. Voice turn by turn, etc. As long as your device has enough memory to handle new maps, etc. Apparently down loads take more and more memory. Sure....portable not as nice as built in....sun glare issues, etc.....but they work just as good.....maybe better. I've got a Garmin bean bag mount portable....it's nice to get free downloads for POI's about every 3 months, and maps every time a new one is available.

Edited by RJG

Update: big thanks to copernicum112 for hanging in there and testing the delayed reboot app. The fact that he Got it working is fantastic. I updated to 3.6. The direct reboot app also works successfully.
I did notice only 15 of my nav faves stored. But some other ones were in the previous destinations and I was able to save them. I was able to "send to sync" via the mobile app Successfully. Text to speech ringer for phone and text message worked successfully. iPhone text message received works successfully. The command play text message or play text message two work successfully. My 32 GB USB indexed fast and successfully. Radio information on the home screen is finally appreciated. Observations of others were also noted with the keyboard in all caps for the nav favorites, Backup camera settings combined for grid display, etc. Anymore observations I will post later.

BT audio stream via iphone 4s went smooth. Same as before ..no album art but Song/Artist info . USB either from a flash drive or iphone connected via usb still has the counter up to nowhere on the entertainment screen. It is not on home screen. Entertainment zone-Space above presets- home screen- Flashes the Sirius ch logo or FM number & then displays artist & song title. NICE! The other screens- phone, climate, nav.- STILL only show song- not artist-in the bottom left line. The Nav map change to entertainment still leaves the street name blank in upper right line. Need to jump away & back to get a refresh. As stated on home screen can press in an open area in quadrant to jump to that zone & not just on the other lines. Wallpaper added back nicely. When open door Lincoln Logo on touch screen now lights up & does its movement.

Edited by drpepper

Wow ... just now seeing this update .. downloading update as I type this ..

some things I've noted while reading this thread from start to finish ..

DST start and stop dates/times have been an ongoing thing in the US for a while now. That being said .. there are charts that plot the dates and times out years in advance. (wiki it)

WiFi in via MFT ... extra charge for tethering. -> there are "apps" that allow you do to this (for free) and if you setup your cell to do tethering .. why even bother with MFT middle man??

WiFi link in MFT - why keep it .. because I'd like to be able to from my house, via WiFi connected MFT in my separated garage send my Ford an address or route from my Google map search that I just did. Now before we all get excited, no, it can't do this, ... yet. Google used to have the ability to do something close to this but they stopped due to some licensing disputes if I remember correctly. But gezz wizz .. the hardware is there .. we know how to do this ... this is NOT rocket science. Ford stop f'in around and listen to "real" users, YOUR customers !

Secondary Navigation Screens. This is becoming a common configuration in $$$ cars that have NAV systems. A separate screen that does NAV. This way you can mess with radio (or other functions) and still see that you have to take a left turn NOW ! This usability, Garmins update frequency, and its ease of use interface was why I retained my garmin Nuvi and mounted it next to the "A" pillar. I can target a location in >60 seconds. With MFT, I'm still arguing with the interface that where I'm looking for actually DOES exist !

opps .. down load done ..... I'll update report success in a bit. (I hope)

"WiFi in via MFT ... extra charge for tethering. -> there are "apps" that allow you do to this (for free) and if you setup your cell to do tethering .. why even bother with MFT middle man??"

If you can. PM me on the details. I would like to test. My kid will be happy. I just need to watch my data doesn't reach limit

Edited by drpepper

I tested the "send to car" compatibility app for iphone. It worked with 3.6. A destination was successfully sent from app to the built in nav. So ...looks like the full app ~$4 when paired with the "Free" other "services" # 888-247-2425 is a nice alternative to Sync Services. Especially when it is time to renew at $60 or $199 depending on vehicle. Or now if you are the Spouse's cell since Services only works with 1 cell at at time. Thanks to -I forget which poster - mentioned it in their thread.

Edited by drpepper

BCE - switches away from the camera as soon as you shift out of reverse.

That is the delay feature that leaves the camera active when shifting to drive until you reach 15 mph. Mine was on, the update turned it off. I had to turn it bak on again.

Also .. I lost all my custom wall papers. Which didn't make me happy as due to a HDD crash I no longer had the original works. ~2hrs each to clean them up and format of position and fill. :rant:

Other than this ... the update took a long time (~30 minutes) and I like the full quadrant selecting of the four systems. BT connection announcement is much more brief which could be the BT connecting speed or that they changed the announcement text (should have been "Searching for BT devices" and leave it at that) It sounds like they also sped up or removed timing spaces between her sentences when she is speaking. Again, chicken or the egg. Is the MFT running faster or did they just speed up the speech.

Looking over the update files .. the largest collection of data appeared to be speech / language data.

Two things I noticed from this update (installed on Tuesday) that have not been previously mentioned

The cancel button on the backup camera did not reappear, but it now switches away from the camera as soon as you shift out of reverse.

As stated, the camera delay feature is off.

The cancel button was removed in V3.5.1.

One more feature presented in v3.5.1 and is also there in v3.6.2 is the ability to turn off the display.

I noticed the fix for the broken GPS they put in place. They simply removed the GPS icon with the X through it.

Yesterday, My GPS was way out of sync. It had me driving SIDEWAYS a mile from my location.

There was no icon showing that the GPS was not working.

Mine still has the no gps icon.