MyFord Touch version 3.6

Just downloaded and installed. Windows Phone 8 will not even pair. Phone sees sync as a Blackberry but fails to sync.

Windows Phone 8 is a bad platform for My Ford/Lincoln Touch. Today I was able to sync my phone and even download photos into the phonebook. However, I still cannot make a phone call using the steering wheel control. I am hoping the upcoming Win 8 phone update solves this problem. Overall, I think the update is positive.

Well the settings have a option to auto adjust for DST.

No they don't, there used to be a button that would just turn DST on or off, but it would never auto adjust - you had to go in and hit that button manually twice a year. That button was removed in a previous release because people (logically) thought it would auto adjust then were disappointed when it didn't.

But like many DST items we see in life- some auto adjust & some its an easy LOGICAL press of a DST "engage" or "Disengage" if it applies to you & time of year. This could be a question to answer when you 1st start the system just like when you 1st pair your phone - 911 assist is off ---do you want me to turn on? Do you want me to turn on Auto-download of your phone book? So add the DST question....

What Ford did was create a Sync to GPS & then make it "NOT LOGICAL" to then have to manually adjust what is by default supposed to be an auto sync.

We have a calendar in mft. It could auto-prompt you to adjust the feature to "on" or "off" base on the date...oh wait that would assume the calendar could do something other then be static...

Or using your phone contacts that downloaded to send that address to nav?

Ok, I tested this on my way home today and the option is there through the phone menu when selecting a contact to set their address as a destination. For whatever reason, when I would do that (I tried my own address) it would say "Invalid Street Address" and wouldn't take.

I don't know why. I use Outlook 2010 and the whole address is in there. The sad irony is there is no way through the Nav menu to grab a destination off the phonebook. BUT, it can be done through the phone menu theoretically. I just can't get it to work, but I only tried two addresses.

Since many updates have REMOVED SOMETHING....... Curious to see when we discover what was removed....

I haven't noticed anything yet, but on the settings for the rear view backup camera, the options have been combined. No longer can you select either alerts or guidelines separately. They have been combined now as one option along with delay as the second option on that screen, so it looks like a feature has been removed, but it actually is still there. Not a big deal.

More to come...

Edited by Davom97

Davom97 Thanks for the testing. Currently in 3.5.1 ...The option is there through phone menu when selecting a contact to set their address as a destination. BIG BUT it doesn't work. I read a poster did testing & thought country code - say USA on iphones & MFT not taking that into account or ignoring it. The poster exported contacts in a mac deleted the country - reimported & got it to work. Can't do it native from phone.

So it appears FORD did not address this issue.

drpepper - That's interesting. My Outlook contacts do in fact have "United States of America" in the address section. I may remove that from one and see what happens tomorrow morning. What you are describing with the option being there yet not functional is exactly what I'm seeing, so maybe they didn't even touch that part of the software code. I may have never noticed it before. I definitely never tried to use it before.

I have tried several more times to get the text alert to work and it just isn't working. Before the update it worked about 75% of the time for me, but now the only time it has worked is when I had several unread text messages on my phone already and then fired up the car. The Sync lady said "You have new text messages." But driving around tonight, my wife was in the passenger seat texting me several times and no alert occurred which includes sound, Sync lady, &the pop up window. None of them happened. I tried changing the alert choices and still nada. My phone is the HTC One.

teknowiz - Let us know if your Master reset fixes anything with the clock.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

We have a calendar in mft. It could auto-prompt you to adjust the feature to "on" or "off" base on the date...oh wait that would assume the calendar could do something other then be static...

The problem is more complicated than that. Different parts of the world (and even different parts of the US) change their clocks on different days. Arizona doesn't change at all, how frustrated would Arizonians be at having to hit the "no" button twice a year? So the system would have to know both the date that DST begins/ends and match it to the GPS location. But then what happens if the DST dates change like they did a few years ago or DST regions change like Indiana did in 2006? How do you update the car? Do you make everyone in the USA get a software update when Evansville Indiana changes their DST schedule?

I'm not saying it's not possible, and is certainly frustrating, but it is a more complicated problem than most people think.

The problem is more complicated than that. Different parts of the world (and even different parts of the US) change their clocks on different days. Arizona doesn't change at all, how frustrated would Arizonians be at having to hit the "no" button twice a year? So the system would have to know both the date that DST begins/ends and match it to the GPS location. But then what happens if the DST dates change like they did a few years ago or DST regions change like Indiana did in 2006? How do you update the car? Do you make everyone in the USA get a software update when Evansville Indiana changes their DST schedule?

I'm not saying it's not possible, and is certainly frustrating, but it is a more complicated problem than most people think.

Exactly. It's not worth the effort to make it fully automated when the workaround is for the user to hit a button twice a year.

Check the sync bluetooth connection on the phone to see if there is a notifcations option and if so turn it on.

Make sure the phone isn't on silent. My iphone5 doesn't alert if it's on silent.

Make sure the phone O/S is up to date.

Yup, all good on those fronts. The HTC One only has a few settings under Bluetooth and one of the advanced settings is simply a checkbox called "Message Access" on or off. It is on and it was before the MFT update. The phone's other two BT settings are Phone Audio & Music Audio and they are both checked. Text alerts are still not working though.

Peace,

Thank you sir. Am I correct in that if I do a Master Reset I'll lose all my backgrounds, nav favorite destinations and nav previous destinations?

I might do it anyway hoping it might fix my text alert issues. Let me know.

Peace,

DM

Nav presets were gone but radio presets stayed.

Just did my update to 3.6.2. Feel like the downloading of the update onto the USB stick from Ford's website took longer than the app install in the car!

It took about 25 minutes in the car to complete (non-Nav MFT). No noticeable differences from 3.5.1 and still no text messages on MFT from iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.2).

Nav presets were gone but radio presets stayed.

Yup, just did a Master Reset. The good news is it seems to have fixed the Text Alert issue. "Text to Speech" alert is also working like a charm.

Went back to see if sending a contacts address to the nav was possible, but it is not. I'm going to assume they didn't even address that in this update now.

I would recommend that you all do a Master Reset after you update to 3.6.

Peace,

I downloaded the new update V3.6.2 (DA5T-14D544-BD) AND AFTER 1 HOUR (says 30 min update should be complete) of me sitting there looking at the screen it stayed black. Now no music, only black screen seems DEAD! i call ford sync and they told me I have to get the car to a dealer for a master reboot. i have to wait 1 week for them to see the car as the techs are on vacation this week... what a piss off! Always had problems with the MFT system since day 1 and getting fedup. Ford, you suck