MyFord Touch version 3.6

Did Ford really write the 3.6 code to prevent us from using a reboot app? The delayed reboot came from Ford in the 1st place- here http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3904 was the last step in the zip file to reboot after applying the update way back for the Sirius Chanel lineup.

Ford thinks erasers do not belong on pencils? or every window computer out there is wrong....

Just finished the install of 3.6 and went back to the Sync My Ride page to report the succesful install. All it is showing is that I downloaded the 3.6 but it will not allow anywhere to report the install. Yesterday while downloading there was a place to click to report the install, but today now that I have installed it, I can't report it.

The last date for a reported install is June of 2012, so it is not reported as installed, just downloaded.

I like the artist and song title showing up on the home screen for the Sirius and USB sources. I tried several of the HD channels but they do not show the same info. It just shows Entertainment where the song and artist show up for the other sources. I know the HD channels are broadcasting the info because if I expand the Entertainment quadrant to full screen, it shows all the info. Same for the FM info not showing up in the home screen, just the expanded Entertainment window.

Thanks for confirming. Ford's lack of software quality control and testing is amazing to have missed this bug. At least iOs has quarterly updates unlike MFT.

Even the previous version had an issue with DST. So GPS appears to get it right but MFT 'forgets' to adjust for DST

The corners aren't actually larger - they just allow you to touch any part of the quadrant to switch not just the top or bottom edge.

Ok, I actually did this on my way home tonight. This is a nice change. Kudos Ford!

I am also liking how quick everything loads on start up including the Bluetooth connection of my phone.

Edited by Davom97

Just for grins, I went into the network setup and was able to connect Sync to my garage's WiFi. I then set my Edge to be an access point and was able to connect to my Edge with my phone. Wow....wait. When I tried to surf the internet on my phone, I had no internet access.

Why is Ford retaining this useless feature of WiFi?

wifi I can get the mft sync to broadcast the wifi & then get ipad & ipod to select the sync wifi - wo ho- but then what.... My kids or passengers still do not get internet!!! to get internet somehow I would need to get the phone to pass that ability through car back out via the sync wifi that the ipad sees. but Don't the cell carriers ( mine AT&T) lock you out unless you pay the extra $30 or so to "allow" tethering? If so then why not just tether the phone to ipad for the EXTRA data you just paid for vs sharing the one you already paid for to make a smart phone work- ( can't opt out else it not a phone anymore) . So Again --back to why & what use is it Ford ?

• Like 1

Why do you keep trying to use it?

Why do you always use sarcasm?

if my kid could use the ipad & get internet while parents are driving the long summer trips then useful.... but since can not....

After 3 years if a feature is not used or popular get rid of it...oh wait that was your reply more or less to the direct input of Lat/Long in nav- cause they need resources to improve overall system performance... So why not remove the broken wifi for that extra resource? I give back or add a nice value added feature.

Why do you always use sarcasm?

if my kid could use the ipad & get internet while parents are driving the long summer trips then useful.... but since can not....

After 3 years if a feature is not used or popular get rid of it...oh wait that was your reply more or less to the direct input of Lat/Long in nav- cause they need resources to improve overall system performance... So why not remove the broken wifi for that extra resource? I give back or add a nice value added feature.

Because it's never that simple.....