MyFord Touch version 3.6

Came across this -
Ford Motor Company is preparing its dealers to be ready to roll out the latest MyFord Touch and My Lincoln Touch software update to be released August 2013.
Effective July 18, 2013 all Ford and Lincoln dealers were put on notice about several important enhancements regarding In-Vehicle technology features. Ford will soon begin sending letters to existing MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Tough. The notice will include information pertaining to the August 2013 release of the latest MyFord and MyLincoln Touch software version 3.6 (v3.6).
Included in the notice is a reminder of the recently launched consolidated SYNC owner websites found at support.ford.com and support.lincoln.com
There will also be information about the extension of the limited warranty on SYNC with MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system to a total of five years (Ford) and six years (Lincoln) from the warranty start date, regardless of mileage. Initially, the SYNC system was warranted for 3 years.
All Ford and Lincoln personnel will have to upgrade existing unsold inventory as soon as the new software is available. They will also assist owners with the installation of the new software. The MyFord Touch system was first introduced in some 2011 models. It is not known is the upgrade will be available via download from the new support site, or if it will be available on a USB jump drive.
Ford had announced late last year that the future software upgrades (planned to be include in the new 2014 models) would address system issues such as voice recognition, freezes, and other issues, such as clock errors.
Ford’s SYNC voice-controlled connectivity and MyFord Touch touch screen technologies are attracting more customers and selling at a much higher rate than competitors. Combined, SYNC and MyFord Touch are sold on 79 percent of new 2013 Ford vehicles, double the rate of Toyota and Honda vehicle infotainment systems and up from 68 percent in 2012.

I've tried it, it is a big improvement. You can now say "play artist Juanes" without having to say "play artist jew-ains" and it even repeats it back in correct spanish pronunciation. Also you can just push the voice button and say "ninty six point three" instead of "radio FM ninty six point three". Also in the home screen the audio corner will now display the artist and title from FM radio.

I didn't have enough time to say the overall stability is better, but it did seem quicker, though there were still a few delays here and there.

great news! In the 9 weeks I've owned my '13 SEL i've had to factory reset the damn thing about 12-13 times. sometimes the hard reset didn't actually take and i had to keep trying. My bluetooth wouldn't connect, and bluetooth/E911 was my "must have" when I was shopping around. Really irritating.

pretty excited. would this be an update that i'd have to go to the dealer for or one that would automatically occur? the "assist owners" line makes me think not necessarily having to take it to dealer.

I can tell you the source of my information, or I can tell you the information, but not both.

To quote Kirk in Star Trek II as he responds to Khan's statement that he is in no position to demand anything...

"I see your point." ;)

Keep that info coming. I don't need to know the source.

Peace,

DM

great news! In the 9 weeks I've owned my '13 SEL i've had to factory reset the damn thing about 12-13 times. sometimes the hard reset didn't actually take and i had to keep trying. My bluetooth wouldn't connect, and bluetooth/E911 was my "must have" when I was shopping around. Really irritating.

pretty excited. would this be an update that i'd have to go to the dealer for or one that would automatically occur? the "assist owners" line makes me think not necessarily having to take it to dealer.

Go here for the update when it becomes available: https://support.ford.com/tools/account/login?success=true&random=0.4906649363019965&logout=true

Register if you already haven't, then follow the instructions to download and install.

I'm currently running v3.2.2 which has performed well for me, and didn't go with v3.5 because of some negative feedback on that version. I plan to do the v3.6 upgrade when it's available next month.

Is there anything I should do prior to the upgrade, particulary when I skipped v3.5? Am I correct to say that regardless of what prior version someone is running, the newest version simply overwrites (replaces?) it with the most current version?

Depends... last time it seemed to do a sequence of updates bringing you up to speed at a step-level type of situation. It probably depends on how this update was written but I wouldn't be surprised to see it do the same. All it really means is a longer install time for anyone not up to the "current" version.

Any other testing or reports? Like is the "TEXT TO SPEECH" ringer - is it fixed? the USB counter to nowhere? The GPS direct input of LAT/LONG, applink, the download contact addresses from an iphone- can you now use them to set a nav destination or is the USA country code still an issue? Where the FONTS equalized or do they still vary from large to small?