MyFord Touch version 3.6

They've gotten more of the new website up.

Looks like the update is getting closer.

Update is on the web site now

What’s included in this update?
DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
  • Simplified graphics and improved usability
  • Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
  • Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
  • Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
  • Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.

Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.

When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

All done. Seems to work well and is a bit snappier in terms of response.

All my radio presets, nav favorites, nav previous destinations & sound settings were still there. My phone paired immediately, but I haven't checked a text yet. Took my iPod about 4 minutes to index (3100+ songs) and then about 3 more minutes to build commands. Tested the voice prompts to do "Play Album ___ " and all seems to work fine. All my album artwork displayed for what I tested.

BTW, the Wi-Fi keyboard has been redone and is working.

Peace,

DM

Edited by Davom97

I just finished installing on my 2012 edge. Took about 25 minutes. Yes there will be a black screen for 10 minutes or so, don't be alarmed. I haven't had a chance to really play with it yet, but I am happy to see the the song info is now back on the home screen! Also, selecting a quadrant does seem to load faster. After work, on my drive home, I will play with the voice features to see if there are any major improvements.

So no Applink? What about the direct input of the GPS lat/Long in the Nav to set a destination? Or using your phone contacts that downloaded to send that address to nav?

Ford Focus site showed an information screen of lat/long & alt. - What you could get before if you entered the diag. srcreen ---but did not tall about setting a destination form the lat/long/. IE when off rd at a camp site or something....

yeah mine was an hour behind as well and I tried the auto update and it didn't correct it.

MFT is getting stale like iOS.

Thanks for confirming. Ford's lack of software quality control and testing is amazing to have missed this bug. At least iOs has quarterly updates unlike MFT.

Edited by teknowiz

Anyone else in eastern time zone have issue with clock time after the update? Mine is one hour behind and fails to auto update to correct time with GPS.

It was the first thing I noticed about the new update, but I forgot to mention it. Baffling that they could miss that.

So no Applink? What about the direct input of the GPS lat/Long in the Nav to set a destination? Or using your phone contacts that downloaded to send that address to nav?

Ford Focus site showed an information screen of lat/long & alt. - What you could get before if you entered the diag. srcreen ---but did not tall about setting a destination form the lat/long/. IE when off rd at a camp site or something....

No Applink.

No direct input of lat / long. Well, let's put it this way: I haven't easily found it if it's there.

Haven't tested contact addresses, but I will this afternoon.

Thanks for confirming. Ford's lack of software quality control and testing is amazing to have missed this bug. At least iOs has quarterly updates unlike MFT.

but even the updates for iOS are becoming lackluster. I've been using iOS 7 for about a month now and while it is an improvement, it's the same boring UI. Now I've never used an android phone and went and tried out the S4 this weekend and I must say it was pretty nice.

Now with MFT it seems since Ford rushed it out the door to be the first ones to have something like it they are now behind since all the other motor companies have better bug free designs.

It was the first thing I noticed about the new update, but I forgot to mention it. Baffling that they could miss that.

Called sync support and was advised to try to set clock manually and do a master reset to see if issue was resolved. Will try that and report back tomorrow. If that does not resolve it, they asked me to call back. Anyone else having this issue should try the fix above and if it does not work, call for sync support to report the bug so it gets fixed. Not sure why they suggested manually setting time first since master reset resets the time anyways.

Called sync support and was advised to try to set clock manually and do a master reset to see if issue was resolved. Will try that and report back tomorrow.

I did manually fix it, but I didn't do a master reset. Thank you in advance for letting us know if that works. A master reset would delete all my backgrounds & nav destinations and I don't want to redo that if I don't have to.

Peace,

DM

You have always had to adjust the clock manually for daylight savings time, this isn't new to this update.