What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Finally started my factory speaker swap out in my non-Sony '13 SEL. Got in the two rear doors yesterday. Easy-peasy. Those "JaimeiHelpYou" how-to videos (front & rear door panel removal) on You Tube were great. And the Metra 72-5600 speaker harness adapters are a must have. Made it soooo easy to swap out the speakers; plug and play. I also got the Boom Mat slim fit speaker baffles, which had the perfect depth; enough for the speakers to have sufficient airflow, but not so deep that they interfere with the window movement. I plan to get the front door speakers done over the holiday weekend.

Thanks for the shout out. Both videos are up on youtube again. Here linked below for anyone interested.

Edited by Jaime Bertran
  • Like 1

Somewhat new to the group... 2016 Edge Sport AWD in Too Good to be Blue here.

Loving the Edge and already took it on a 2000 mile mountain road trip through southwestern Colorado. This is what I've done so far:

• Front Tint and UV tint on all other windows
  • Clear Bra
  • Plastidip Rear Badges
  • Replaced DRL's with LED's
  • Installed MGP Caliper Covers
  • Installed Dash Cam with Fuse Tap

...and most exciting, I ordered my Livernois Tuner today

• Like 1

Loving the Edge and already took it on a 2000 mile mountain road trip through southwestern Colorado. This is what I've done so far:

• Clear Bra
  • Plastidip Rear Badges

Be prepared to smile.

e prepared to smile

• Clear Bra
  • Plastidip Rear Badges

Which dash cam did you go with?

I'm beginning to think this is mandatory these days.

Which dash cam did you go with?

I'm beginning to think this is mandatory these days.

I went with a cheap Thinkware F50 to start, mostly because I was heading on a road trip and wanted something I could pick up locally and install quickly. It is decent enough, has parking mode and is discreet. That said, I will likely upgrade to something in the near future that has Wifi capabilities and a rear camera like the Blackvue dr650gw-2ch.

Wiring was easy with the following from Amazon:

• Lumision FAST SHIPPING* ADD-A-CIRCUIT ATR MICRO2 FUSE-TAP x 2
  • Lukas Power Safety Device, Uninterrupted Power Supply (Upc) - Type C

By removing the tray left of the steering wheel I actually found it very easy to remove fuses using a fuse puller from the auto parts store. Accessing it from under the dash would have been a nightmare.

Edited by elsnook
  • Like 1

The Livernois 91 Performance tune has been installed and I immediately noticed the difference. As promised, it brings plenty of smiles. My last car was a Ford Focus ST that was tuned by Cobb and this tune reminds me of the enjoyment that brought me. I went with the 91 tune because 93 octane is almost impossible to find where I live, and the places that do have it aren't convenient.

I just wanted to give a shout out to the Livernois team. I ordered the Tuner on Wed, it shipped same day and arrived on Friday. I was out of town this weekend but submitted my tune request this morning and received the tune with great instructions this afternoon. It was a very easy process. I am sure the Livernois sticker also adds another +15hp because racecar.

• Like 3

Research, research, and a little more.....

This should probably be in my introduction thread, but it came to me when I was looking here.

Unexpectedly picked up an 2008 Edge a month back. Now trying to navigate the lack of aftermarket parts available.

First set of LED bulbs I picked up did not work.

Finally found an LED aftermarket my wife likes (her commuter).

Dug through the garage for a minute to determine if parts I have from previous vehicles would work to two our pop-up behind the edge.

Could not find the parts. I have one more weekend to look.

Had to drive my wife's school commute.... I have been using this as my commuter on days she does not need, BUT...

The idiots on her drive dwarf my idiots. As much as I don't want to spend $800ish on performance for this vehicle, the Edge needs a boost. In other words, the edge will be getting the K&N intake and SCT re-tune, when we return from our local Oktoberfest in a couple weeks. The only other thing I can find, is the exhaust system, which my wife said: "I do not want it to sound like the Mustang or the jeep". Alrighty....

And she said "NO" to nitrous. Good, that money is slated for my Stang.

Anyway, any input? or not.

That is what happened today.

At least we are kinda on the same page.

Jason