What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Further wiper update:

I pounded the rivet holding the arm down a little tighter to take up any slack there. Then (bear with me), I put a dollop of Shoe Goo on the hook ends of the arms and re-inserted the wiper blades (stop screaming at your monitor). This should tame all the wiggling parts in the arms. Didn't work as well as I hoped, so I decreased the pressure on the windshield by bending the arms slightly out. As of this point, all the metallic squeaking is gone and there is only a slight 'thump' when the arms change direction. We have a low pressure system in the area, so I will have a lot of opportunity to test this approach out.

• Like 1

Got the Edge back from the gas tank recall. Everything seems good. Didn't have an issue before so no difference that I can report...did notice that after a complete fill-up, there was a message that "calibration complete"...I'm guessing that has to deal with the fuel level sensor? I didn't get to speak with my service rep when I picked it up so I wasn't told anything. But all went well so no complaints.

• Like 2

I swapped out the Ford mats for Aries 3D mats. These cover much more than the Ford all weather mats and complete cover the dead peddle. I'll take photos when I can wrestle the car from my wife. She has been driving the MKZh and claimed it as hers, but now she has adopted the Edge

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Possible they replaced the fuel pump in yours? Didn't in mine.

I'm not quite sure...all it said on the work report sheet was that the recall was done...I have to go back in once the parts are ready for the airbag recall, so I can ask some more questions at that time. Everything is running smooth, as it was before the recall, so I can't really elaborate more on it.

• Like 1

Changed the oil/filter, rotated the tires and had the HVAC control module re-programmed yesterday at the dealer, (cause I had no heat).

Replaced the cabin filter (STP CAF1850P) and the air filter (FRAM CA10242) today. Took me a total of 5 minutes for both. Almost let the Dealer replace these yesterday when I was there. Glad I didn't! This was too easy...:)

Anyone replaced the seat filters? I would like to do this next but not sure where to get them from. Give me a link of where you guy's got yours from.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-FS-104-Seat-Filter/dp/B001CA9CN8

When changing, run the seats all the way forward and all the way up (for clearance), service from the back seat floor area.

I suggest that before you buy new filters, you pull the existing filters first and check them. They really don't get very dirty and can usually be blown out with a can of air or vacuum cleaner.

The filters are about 3" in diameter, around 1"high, round, near the center of the seat. They have to be wiggled off and they tend to stick after being on for so many years.

BTW, the new filters are just plastic with holes (no filter material) the prevent anything under the seat from damaging the seat fan motor.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1