What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

For those looking to by an OEM Ford Edge cargo mat, I bought directly from this dealer...http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-thru-16-Edge-OEM-Genuine-Ford-Parts-Black-Cargo-Area-Protector-Mat-NEW-/171830251149?fits=Year%3A2016%7CMake%3AFord%7CModel%3AEdge&hash=item2801e18e8d:g:P7MAAOSwgQ9Vgxl3&vxp=mtr

My dealer wanted wanted $110.00 + tax for the item. Bought it for $88.95 free shipping no tax.

• Like 1

took the upper cowling off to access the windshield wiper motor linkage. Threw Tri-Flow around the room, di-electric on the harness and put everything back together with anti-sneeze.

Now just have to wait for the rain to see if it makes the horrible metal screeching noise.

It came with a new windshield (aftermarket) when I bought it and the wipers were off their marks by a little. Not sure if that was a cause, but they are on mark now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the rotors and pads replaced yesterday, which was much needed. Also had brake fluid flushed as I'm sure it hadn't been done in a very long time...also had Ford inspect for gas tank recall since I have an '08. The service rep told me that in Ohio, they have been instructed to now replace any tanks (and assoc. parts) since the parts are now more abundant. So the parts should be at dealer in a few days and then I'll drop off for install...I haven't had any problems but I'm not going to turn down a free, brand-new replacement on a car that's 8 years old ha

• Like 1

I'm assembling a folding 4' x 8' utility trailer to pull behind my MKX. Took me 4 days to assemble it and get the plywood floor installed and covered with roll-on bedliner. Now I just have to build the sides which should be easy by comparison. It's a lot bigger and heavier than I imagined but it should work well and it folds up like a ping-pong table when not in use. $500 from Northern Tool including shipping.

• Like 1

Had the rotors and pads replaced yesterday, which was much needed. Also had brake fluid flushed as I'm sure it hadn't been done in a very long time...also had Ford inspect for gas tank recall since I have an '08. The service rep told me that in Ohio, they have been instructed to now replace any tanks (and assoc. parts) since the parts are now more abundant. So the parts should be at dealer in a few days and then I'll drop off for install...I haven't had any problems but I'm not going to turn down a free, brand-new replacement on a car that's 8 years old ha

Thats what I thought with a Jeep I had. Nothing was wrong until they replaced it!

• Like 1

Any updates on the wipers, Brucifer?

On a side note: I have been using about 4.5 oz/tank of SuperTech TC-W3 for a few months now, starting prior to the switch to "summer" gas. In between I took a break to see if the summer gas made any difference to the mpg and responsiveness all by itself, and for about 4 tanks, it did. Then it started to fall flat again, tho not as bad as "bare" winter gas. So, with experimentation, I found I need 3.5-4 oz/tank now, varies a bit by gas station. All top tier gas. Very smooth & quiet.

More recently: after feeling left out by the Gen 1.5 (and Gen 2) having throttle body replacements done (though not missing the emergency experience), I said what the hey. The Throttle Position Sensor/potentiometer is available for Gen 1, so I ordered it from RockAuto. Put it on the throttle body yesterday (without cleaning up the TB or anything), took the Edge for a drive to gauge performance. Immediately felt better. Same impression on today's driving. All mixed city/hwy.

Throttle Body Inner Workings

Throttle Position Sensor (Potentiometer) Inner Workings

T30 Torx Screws Attaching TPS To TB

Part Number For New TPS

New TPS Outer Case

New TPS Inner Workings

Old TPS Vs New TPS comparison

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 3

I tried crimping the joints with a pair of channel locks while in place. The idea was to tighten the joints so they wouldn't vibrate as much. It seemed to work a little. I might try to take them off and really let them have it. Still need to stop by the dealership to price out the cost of a new set. RockAuto doesn't have them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...