2015 Edge Shipping?

With alll the rain here in mi I had to take mine to a dealer while in cleveland to have the sunroof re-lubricated....they don't use a water resistant grease on the tracks, doesn't make sense to me, but that is why the sunroof tends to really slow down operationally over time. Anyway, apparently there is now a TSB out regarding the leaking issue. I don't believe that mine is included as I have not noticed any interior leaks, believe me, I would have noticed by now with all the torrential rain we have had that I drive in. I am now approching 10k in the vehicle. I have had some issue at the first start of the day where the vehicle seems to be misfiring as I begin to accelerate. Then it disappears after about 2 miles or so. Ford is going to put a "black box" in my car to see if it can pickup that issue. Also as I mentioned in a much earlier post, to me anyway, it seems that when in "d" and I accelerate hard, like to pass, the vehicle does not kick into a lower gear, so I have to manually downshift with the paddle shifters. Ford is also looking at that issue with the "black box"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered at the end of April. I have a VIN, but still no estimated date of delivery. I am going to wait until the nine-week mark at the very end of June. If the vehicle is not built by then, I will probably cancel the order. I figure that if it has not been built after nine weeks, the actual delivery at that point is going to be a LONG time off. In other words, the longer it takes to even schedule manufacture and build, the longer the time I would imagine it will then take afterwards for subsequent delivery. I have been checking inventory at Ford's site and my dealer does not appear to have had any 2015 Edge Sports of their own, even as demos, for weeks. They had some in around the time I placed my order, but not since. If dealers do not have units in to even display, that's got to tell you that a customer special order is not going to be a high priority.

The bad thing is that dealers still have an incentive to accept orders, even if they know they will never be filled in any reasonable amount of time or maybe never fulfilled. They get to hold onto deposit money and a get a vehicle ordered with a buyer waiting. Even if half the people get disgusted and cancel, they still have the other customers to string along. Maybe they will buy a different Ford vehicle. At least they are not buying a competitor's vehicle in the mean time. In the end, they know that can still quickly sell that vehicle if it ever comes in, even if the original buyer cancels. They key to all of this is honestly disclosing up front to buyers that they may be waiting months for their car. That disclosure doesn't seem to be happening. Have we gotten to the point where we have to get complicated real-estate type sales contracts drawn up, to even order a car?

Finally found out that my car got built yesterday, July 6, about 10 weeks after it was ordered. Not going to accept the order though. The last straw is when the dealership called back last week to see if "I was still interested in a new Edge." They were following up on earlier sales leads and did not even realize that I had already ordered a vehicle. They were totally surprised when I said I had ordered one. I asked if they could get a status on my vehicle. The sales manager called back with an ETA of July 17. Told her that was too late and that I was concerned about the leaks and about Ford still selling cars that they knew had a leak issue. Sales manager lied to my face and said, "Oh that issue only affected cars built on two specific days." I wish I had a recording of that conversation. Going back to get another Infiniti. I was very excited about the Edge, but enough is enough. I was lied to when I ordered the car regarding the availability and was lied to again by the sales manager last week. Thanks to all on this forum for the information and good luck either trying to get your orders delivered or returning your water damaged cars. I wouldn't accept any car that had been wet inside. No matter what they do to it, it will never be as good as the new car that you paid for.

• 6 months later...

I just got my wifes White Edge Sport. It was made on May 7th but wasn't delivered till this past friday. (I live about 2 hours from the plant). A contact I have told me that they are sending a bunch of edges to Windsor for repair. There are lots of different reasons for repair. In my edge, there was a card with notes from the technician on the line pointing out issues that have to be repaired. On my edge, there was 3 issues. They were all repaired and looks like nothing ever happened.

All Edges shipped to Windsor, Ontario for repairs where actually for the A pillar water leak repair work. I doesn't look like this is mentioned on the card you have a picture of.