New Sport

After going back and forth between getting an Edge or an MKC I finally made a decision to get an Edge after my dealer got me out of my lease early. Then I had to decide if I wanted a fully loaded Titanium or a Sport. Both had similar sticker prices and the payments were within a few dollars of each other. Really wanted the tow package and heated steering wheel on the Titanium but the major draw to the Sport was the engine and the overall look. Decided on the Sport sight unseen and without even test driving a Sport. I have driven the other engine options and was less than impressed overall with the Edge but the Sport changes everything! Has effortless power and is so smooth and quiet on the freeway. Couple items I already don't like in the interior but they are minor. I am really happy with my choice and I love the seats.

Tried the A/C seats to see how they perfomed over the ones in my '13 Flex and they are totally improved. The Flex I could barely feel the cool air on the seat cushion and the back portion was only slightly better, even on high. With the Edge I could feel cool air within 20 seconds from both seat and back. More pics to follow after window tint on Sat.

post-32200-0-95710000-1428631955_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on the new ride, hope you enjoy it. Can you confirm if those front accent lights work as DRLs during the day?

Yes they do. When you turn on the parking or headlights they dim just a little. They are one of my favorite features of the Edge. I only wish the headlights had the accents too like the '16 Explorer. The China version of the Edge has LED headlights with the accents in them. Too bad they currently don't pass our DOT standards.

Welcome to the club! I love mine still.

I still can't get over how quiet this thing is. I don't know if it's just the overall sound deadening or the Active Noise Canceling but it is solid. Not a squeek or rattle to be heard either which is impressive for an all new vehicle. Beside the awesome engine, the Vista roof is my favorite feature and worth every penny. Really opens up the vehicle.

• Like 3

I was looking at that myself as I have a trailer I would like to use with it. The rear valence would have to be trimmed to fit a hitch. Or get a bumper cover from a Titanium to use but then the exhaust would have to be modified as only the Sport has integrated outlets and are separate from the bumper cover. Easiest way would be trimming it for a hitch.

Edited by Magnetic Edge

I was looking at that myself as I have a trailer I would like to use with it. The rear valence would have to be trimmed to fit a hitch. Or get a bumper cover from a Titanium to use but then the exhaust would have to be modified as only the Sport has integrated outlets and are separate from the bumper cover. Easiest way would be trimming it for a hitch.

Part on the Ford site says some trimming may be required but "Not For Use With Edge Sport"

http://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/8755/s/trailer-hitch/category/3011/

would the hitch application interfere with the sensors that open the back hatch.

Still waiting on my white sport....been 12 weeks now, but I have a feeling its taking longer because of the driver pkg I ordered.....my dealer tells me it should be hear the beginning of may.

Edited by cds71

would the hitch application interfere with the sensors that open the back hatch.

Still waiting on my white sport....been 12 weeks now, but I have a feeling its taking longer because of the driver pkg I ordered.....my dealer tells me it should be hear the beginning of may.

I doubt it since you can get a hitch with the handsfree lift gate on the Titanium. The sensors are on each side of the center any way.

• 3 weeks later...