2015 Sport Complete Loss of Boost

Rextang

At 5,800 miles it has happened again. And it happened on the weekend of course while merging onto a highway. I decided not to fix it myself and to take it in this time, so I'll provide an update when I get it back this afternoon. My advice to anyone experiencing this is to use S mode on the trans. S holds gears longer which you will need to accelerate since there isn't any boost. I drove it all weekend like this and survived. I think the charge air hose needs more than a hose clamp. This is becoming an annoyance more than anything else.

Can you access the clamp easily if it does pop off? Like pull off the side of the road and tighten it back on? Or will removal of other parts be required?

Can you access the clamp easily if it does pop off? Like pull off the side of the road and tighten it back on? Or will removal of other parts be required?

I can tell you, it is a bit of a pain to get to. It's under the air filter assembly. I can sort of reach it, but there is no way I could get enough leverage to push it back on then enough room to tighten the clamp. If this happens to me again, I will just let the dealer handle it again. With my luck I would lose bolts or forget something. So far, it's been good since I took it in last time.

Wingnut, I have only tried it from the top side and as Tron said, it's a PITA. Air box has to come out and I also removed an electrical module that is bolted to the front radiator support. Takes decent leverage to push the hose back on. You also have to wait for the engine to cool before attempting this exercise. It is not something you fix roadside nor need to. 2.7l is sufficient to move the car without boost. Perhaps it is accessible from underneath, but there are a lot of fasteners to remove the underbody aero panel.

Wingnut, I have only tried it from the top side and as Tron said, it's a PITA. Air box has to come out and I also removed an electrical module that is bolted to the front radiator support. Takes decent leverage to push the hose back on. You also have to wait for the engine to cool before attempting this exercise. It is not something you fix roadside nor need to. 2.7l is sufficient to move the car without boost. Perhaps it is accessible from underneath, but there are a lot of fasteners to remove the underbody aero panel.

I read something earlier on Reddit that said you just need to pull the Left Headlight assembly off and it'll be accessible that way:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/34aq3i/picked_up_my_2015_edge_sport_over_the_weekend/

If it has the 2.7L then make sure the Charge Air Cooler hose is on all the way and has a good clamp. Easiest way is to take out the left headlight housing (<3 minutes). Hose will be the upper one staring you in the face. I dealt with one the last week. Also make sure the drivers floor board carpet is not wet. Run a hose over the drivers side front of the roof for awhile. Some have a body seam thats under the drivers front fender thats not sealed correctly. Dealt with that today. Had to go to a body shop. Others have as well. I'm a tech.

So it's fixed. Work order says it was cleaned and reinstalled. They said it was difficult to assemble it correctly, perhaps referring to installing the clip properly. Info was vague at best. I also had the tsb performed on the A-pillars even though I have not had any water intrusion after nearly 6k miles. If the IC hose comes off again, I'm getting a t-bolt clamp.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Same thing happened to my 2015 Sport in mid June. Mine happened under hard acceleration at a stop light, very loud boom, floor boards even shuddered. Diagnosis: they refit the charge air cooler. Said they have never seen this problem before. This car is giving me headaches already...sigh.

A hose popping off that wasn't tightened enough is not a bad problem to have. Easy fix.

• 3 weeks later...

This really worries me since I'm looking in to trade up to a 2016 Edge Sport. I really don't want to have to worry about hoses blowing off & turbo not working. I can hear my husband complaining already about what junk I bought. I catch hell as it is from him for all the bells & whistles on my 2013 Edge Sport. I love my current Edge, best vehicle I've ever had, but I want that twin turbo so bad!! What to do...what to do?? :shift:

This really worries me since I'm looking in to trade up to a 2016 Edge Sport. I really don't want to have to worry about hoses blowing off & turbo not working. I can hear my husband complaining already about what junk I bought. I catch hell as it is from him for all the bells & whistles on my 2013 Edge Sport. I love my current Edge, best vehicle I've ever had, but I want that twin turbo so bad!! What to do...what to do?? :shift:

Get a 2016 or 2015 Edge Sport. I had a 2013 Edge Sport, and I got the 2015 Edge Sport, and I have no regrets. I've had zero issues with my 2015 and it is a much better vehicle than my 2013 Edge Sport. :shift:

• Like 1

My wife and I have had 2 2015 edge sports......both engine/power-train have been awesome.

You will totally fall in love with the 2.7 twin turbo..... your husband will as well( the acceleration is very seductive). Our 2015 edge sport has literally been one of the most enjoyable cars my wife or I have ever driven....even my wife has a hard time not having a heavy foot...she has already raced her friend in an x5.....and in her words.."I smoked her"!

Edited by cds71
  • Like 2

My wife and I have had 2 2015 edge sports......both engine/power-train have been awesome.

You will totally fall in love with the 2.7 twin turbo..... your husband will as well( the acceleration is very seductive). Our 2015 edge sport has literally been one of the most enjoyable cars my wife or I have ever driven....even my wife has a hard time not having a heavy foot...she has already raced her friend in an x5.....and in her words.."I smoked her"!

I would have to recommend that all 2015 Edge sport owners find a x5 and race it. The look on the x5's owner is priceless.

• Like 1

Except the 50i, as they will make you feel like you bought the 2.0L ecoboost engine and not the 2.7L :hysterical:

Yes...the X5 M's are just as fast as the SRT8 Jeep. 95% of the X5's around here are the 35i's.

If that tune that from Livernois becomes available then I could see that as a big equalizer for the Edge Sport.....TIme will tell.