WTF??? IN all my years with Ford, NEVER have vehicles been held for months! They are built to order and the dealer is getting charged for it 48 hours after it comes off the line. There are preproduction vehicles built months before production is started and they are the ones tested and retested and again tested....You are correct as the factory did not know about the leak until a memo from the field hit Detroit.

The recall with the sealing is NOT the total fix! Cars held at the plant MIGHT have been fixed. Dealership was supposed to do the 15B21 recall PRIOR to you picking up your vehicle. Dealerships were all told STOP SALE ORDER until 15B21 was preformed!

That is funny. An official stop sale order was not issued according to this Ford spokesman:

http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1507-ford-refutes-reports-on-2015-edge-stop-sale/

Automotive News recently reported on a stop-sale on the 2015 Ford Edge, due to a leaking joint. A Ford spokesperson says that the Edge is currently on sale and no formal stop-sale was ever issued.

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1507-ford-refutes-reports-on-2015-edge-stop-sale/#ixzz3g0jzQoUT

Follow us: @AutomobileMag on Twitter | AutomobileMag on Facebook

They didn't know the extent of it! It was estimated at 2,000-3,500 units initially...that was until more then 5,000 complaints hit...OOOPS!

So what you are saying, is Ford f'd up big time with this entire thing. Not catching it early, not catching it as it became apparent to customers, and not really stepping up until the press came knocking.

Canadian customers are getting some bought back as well. Most are being fixed successfully. It is up to the dealer. There are companies out there fixing 1,000's of them successfully. Think about this...all the bought back units will have to be repaired and remediated prior to auction or going to rental agencies at huge discounted prices.

VM from Ron @ Ford says I'm getting a replacement vehicle. Replacement reps will call in the next few days.

So… paying TTL again? or are they jut taking off for miles etc.? This was not even an option for me unless I paid TTL again. My dealer has the replacement ON THE LOT right now but I didn't think I should have to pay anything extra for Ford's screw up.

• Like 1

Then post a copy of the "Stop Sale". Because I have yet to read a post on this board where someone mentioned they were unable to buy an Edge due to a Stop Sale

Still running commercials for "the unstoppable Edge." At our house it's "the un-SOPPABLE Edge"

• Like 2

Then post a copy of the "Stop Sale". Because I have yet to read a post on this board where someone mentioned they were unable to buy an Edge due to a Stop Sale

Why are you pressing this issue? Dealers were told to fix the vehicles before they were delivered. Whatever you want to call it, that's what happened. Just let it go.

Why are you pressing this issue? Dealers were told to fix the vehicles before they were delivered. Whatever you want to call it, that's what happened. Just let it go.

That isn't a stop sale. I have pressed the issue because Edgey Guy is telling us there was a notice to not sell these vehicles. That information is not correct. It was reported in one article and then a Ford spokesman said it was never issued.

I just hate incorrect information. Especially from someone who claims to be really close to the subject.

• Like 3

Canadian customers are getting some bought back as well. Most are being fixed successfully. It is up to the dealer. There are companies out there fixing 1,000's of them successfully. Think about this...all the bought back units will have to be repaired and remediated prior to auction or going to rental agencies at huge discounted prices.

I think mine was fixed and I'm in USA- it's been dry and I haven't noticed a smell… BUT I don't know that there wasn't damage done to wiring electronics etc. As someone who has dealt with water damage from flooding I KNOW WHAT WATER CAN DO. Stressed? No- I have other things to worry about. Pondering the future? YES- I have several years of payments in front of me and if the extended warranty doesn't cover leaks (caused by FORD) then I may have a problem. Ford has not guaranteed that I didn't make a huge mistake buying there product.

That isn't a stop sale. I have pressed the issue because Edgey Guy is telling us there was a notice to not sell these vehicles. That information is not correct. It was reported in one article and then a Ford spokesman said it was never issued.

I just hate incorrect information. Especially from someone who claims to be really close to the subject.

I get it, but there isn't much difference between an official "stop sale" order and Ford telling dealers to fix the vehicle before they're delivered. Either way they should not be delivering vehicles that haven't been repaired.

me1313:

Not sure about the details yet. Just got a VM they were gonna buy back and another person from Ford would call me back.

If TTL is added, we will have to talk. Otherwise it feels like I was leasing at an incredible rate, half of which I didn't have the car. Yes, I know they are covering the cost of a rental, but I would have had a car (trade in) and NO payments.

Reserving judgement until I hear back. Scenarios swarming around in my head, but I will relax now that I have SOME news.

The paper I got in the mail said Ford will pay the State fees, and that I MIGHT have to pay some of the sales tax deoending on how much higher the MSRP is on the replacement I choose. If I keep the replacement vehicle within about 2500 then I wont have to pay the any of the taxes. I made my selection yesterday so Ill keep yall posted on how it goes. The selection I chose was about 4800 more than my original based on MSRP. If they are going to make me pay the difference then Im out, Im not adjusting my payment for their screw up.

• Like 1