The paper I got in the mail said Ford will pay the State fees, and that I MIGHT have to pay some of the sales tax deoending on how much higher the MSRP is on the replacement I choose. If I keep the replacement vehicle within about 2500 then I wont have to pay the any of the taxes. I made my selection yesterday so Ill keep yall posted on how it goes. The selection I chose was about 4800 more than my original based on MSRP. If they are going to make me pay the difference then Im out, Im not adjusting my payment for their screw up.

I think it would only be fair if they made you pay tax on the additional $2300 ($4800 increase minus $2500 additional allowance). So about $145. That should not affect your payment.

Update on mine ~ first, they changed the insulation the moment we told them of this issue. Then they ordered the carpet for it. After a long wait (about 2 months), they finally changed the carpet. The car was only in the shop for 2days. We have it back again ~ all new carpet and smelling fresh again~ and we are quite contented right now. There was really no musty smell or anything like that.

Update on mine ~ first, they changed the insulation the moment we told them of this issue. Then they ordered the carpet for it. After a long wait (about 2 months), they finally changed the carpet. The car was only in the shop for 2days. We have it back again ~ all new carpet and smelling fresh again~ and we are quite contented right now. There was really no musty smell or anything like that.

My only concern at this point would be electrical issues.

I am so upset! I got my new 2015 Edge Titanium on May 30th, the next day I noticed condensation on the inside of the windows, the following day it rained and the carpets were sloshy. I took it back the following day. They said they fixed the sealant and gave it back a day later. I had it for a week and then it rained again and was soaking wet again. I took it back, that was a month ago. I needed something out of my car a week later and went over there, my car was in the lot with the whole cabin stripped except the wiring that is in bunches on the floor, sitting in a ton of water (it has been really rainy). The dealer has been really nice, but they have no idea when the replacement parts will be here and I don't trust that there wont be later issues tied to the wiring laying in water for weeks.

This has completely ruined the experience of getting a new car. I don't want a car that isn't waterproof and has been sitting outside in the torrential rains that we've had. I'm also tired of driving this crappy Kia rental car, I'm paying $600 a month for this. I've tried to be patient, but I'm over this.

NEW NEWS...Today a bulletin was released with times and part numbers and procedures to have all the vehicles repaired. Rumour has it, If bought back the vehicles are going to be repaired then sold at a HUGE discount to 3 rental car companies. The rental companies are aware of the situation and they will be repaired etc...and sold to them at about $25,000.00 each...then when finished the "term they will be scrapped. That is just a rumour from a very good source.

• Like 2

I am so upset! I got my new 2015 Edge Titanium on May 30th, the next day I noticed condensation on the inside of the windows, the following day it rained and the carpets were sloshy. I took it back the following day. They said they fixed the sealant and gave it back a day later. I had it for a week and then it rained again and was soaking wet again. I took it back, that was a month ago. I needed something out of my car a week later and went over there, my car was in the lot with the whole cabin stripped except the wiring that is in bunches on the floor, sitting in a ton of water (it has been really rainy). The dealer has been really nice, but they have no idea when the replacement parts will be here and I don't trust that there wont be later issues tied to the wiring laying in water for weeks.

This has completely ruined the experience of getting a new car. I don't want a car that isn't waterproof and has been sitting outside in the torrential rains that we've had. I'm also tired of driving this crappy Kia rental car, I'm paying $600 a month for this. I've tried to be patient, but I'm over this.

i'm sure ford will cover your rental costs, send them the receipts. take pictures of your car, in case you need them.

i get the whole ruined experience thing, no doubt. Ford better have fired the team responsible for this issue. I get crazy when i hear stories like this one. I want ford to be great and a global leader, not a wet mess. hopefully you'll hear back about a buy back soon.

it's stories like these that make me think i'm crazy for going to buy another one. uggh, maybe i should just stick with an explorer!!!

i wonder if the lincoln mkx has the same issue. Edgey Guy, any thoughts?

Hi Supersoaker...I think you misunderstood the post from dpulum...the payment of $600.00 per month id their car payment... the rental car is covered 100% with NO out of pocket money from her....

No one got fired! Can't...unionized.

NO issues with the later production Edges or the new MKX

Hi Supersoaker...I think you misunderstood the post from dpulum...the payment of $600.00 per month id their car payment... the rental car is covered 100% with NO out of pocket money from her....

No one got fired! Can't...unionized.

NO issues with the later production Edges or the new MKX

Yes, thanks for that correction, my bad.

Good news on that MKX too, thanks. Going to test drive one this weekend.

bought our Edge in June Carpet was wet at the Dealer, they tried to blame an open vista roof (not so) We've got a good repor with one of the service advisers & told him to check it close in pre-delivery. Just when we were coming to pick it up they took it to a body shop to get fixed. It sat out for several rains once we got it back no issues now.

• Like 1

bought our Edge in June Carpet was wet at the Dealer, they tried to blame an open vista roof (not so) We've got a good repor with one of the service advisers & told him to check it close in pre-delivery. Just when we were coming to pick it up they took it to a body shop to get fixed. It sat out for several rains once we got it back no issues now.

I wonder what happened Apr 27 that changed things? Better yet, how do they know with any certainty that their production process had not headed south the day, or week before?

Before April 28 it sounds like something was fault in production. Maybe a machine not properly sealing every seam it was supposed to. I think on the 28th they corrected the issue so they are confident from that date forward, the leaking issue was resolved.