Update: Still haven't received my Edge back from the dealer. 36 days and counting. The service department hasn't called me in 2 weeks, when they used to call at least weekly. I guess they're telling my fleet manager that the extra parts (dash insulator panels?) are on order, but no ETA as of today. At 41 days I will have had the vehicle for the same amount of time that it's been in for repairs. This is all just laughable now. Lucky this is a fleet vehicle.

Bottom line - I will never spend my own money on a Ford product. I'm just lucky I learned my lesson on my company's dime. I feel bad for those that traded in dry vehicles for their new, wet Edges. I've had boats that took on less water.

Thanks,

Ben

Update: Still haven't received my Edge back from the dealer. 36 days and counting. The service department hasn't called me in 2 weeks, when they used to call at least weekly. I guess they're telling my fleet manager that the extra parts (dash insulator panels?) are on order, but no ETA as of today. At 41 days I will have had the vehicle for the same amount of time that it's been in for repairs. This is all just laughable now. Lucky this is a fleet vehicle.

Bottom line - I will never spend my own money on a Ford product. I'm just lucky I learned my lesson on my company's dime. I feel bad for those that traded in dry vehicles for their new, wet Edges. I've had boats that took on less water.

Thanks,

Ben

Mr. Dover,

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear.

Why are demands, expectations, and ford's accountability less because it's a fleet vehicle?

I'll bet after you have your new ford back, you'll drive it and want to spend your own money on another! ford is the best in my book, they just made a mistake. the lesson you should probably take away is never buy a new model year as these and other bugs crop up. it's good that this water leak didn't cause anyone serious bodily harm too(unlike sticky gas/brake pedals, etc.).

One more thing: Go Bears!

• Like 1

... the lesson you should probably take away is never buy a new model year as these and other bugs crop up ...

All though 1st year issues have been documented, I'm not sure this leak issue falls in that category, if you believe what follows.

Here's what I heard from my dealer today on this issue. Apparently, the robot handling the sealing process wasn't provisioned adequately with sealer and it took a while before people on the assembly line woke up and reacted.

I personally see a few holes in this explanation, but who knows, maybe it's not as sophisticated as we think.

Considering "not to buy" a particular make [FoMoCo] of vehicles as a whole bcuz of one models [plant] production facility's error could be considered stretching it. To each his/her's own but this sort of production flaw happens in all manufacturing facilities whether it's public knowledge or not. Although, this is not to diminish this temporary flaw as a major inconvenience to it's respecting customers, it does not mean this product is not worth considering as all competing manufactures have similar mishaps. Quality control is the second line of defense before products leave the door. FIRST....is job done right first time. But with our eyes and ears is how we learn and correct any said issues. This area of quality control is assured corrected. Over 3,000+ parts on average are introduced to a manufactured vehicle and perfection is what is strive for every-single-day and night the men and women are laboring on the production line......JOB-1

• Like 1

Considering "not to buy" a particular make [FoMoCo] of vehicles as a whole bcuz of one models [plant] production facility's error could be considered stretching it. To each his/her's own but this sort of production flaw happens in all manufacturing facilities whether it's public knowledge or not. Although, this is not to diminish this temporary flaw as a major inconvenience to it's respecting customers, it does not mean this product is not worth considering as all competing manufactures have similar mishaps. Quality control is the second line of defense before products leave the door. FIRST....is job done right first time. But with our eyes and ears is how we learn and correct any said issues. This area of quality control is assured corrected. Over 3,000+ parts on average are introduced to a manufactured vehicle and perfection is what is strive for every-single-day and night the men and women are laboring on the production line......JOB-1

I agree with what you said wholeheartedly, but my reluctance to purchase a Ford as my next vehicle is not because their was a manufacturing mistake. Mistakes happen.

What goes a long way to correct a mistake? Ford saying 'WE'RE SORRY THIS HAS HAPPENED- we are going to make this right so that you are happy with your purchase.'

What was I told by everyone at Ford outside of my dealership? 'Here's your case number. We are unable to assist you with anything at this time. Please contact your dealer.'

Taking care of the customer and ensuring that they will be returning customers should be a priority.

• Like 1

I agree with what you said wholeheartedly, but my reluctance to purchase a Ford as my next vehicle is not because their was a manufacturing mistake. Mistakes happen.

What goes a long way to correct a mistake? Ford saying 'WE'RE SORRY THIS HAS HAPPENED- we are going to make this right so that you are happy with your purchase.'

What was I told by everyone at Ford outside of my dealership? 'Here's your case number. We are unable to assist you with anything at this time. Please contact your dealer.'

Taking care of the customer and ensuring that they will be returning customers should be a priority.

That is the same run around I have been getting too! 2 1/2 months of trying to speak with someone about my case and not a single returned phone call. Last week I finally got to speak to a tier 2 manager who was supposed to review my case and get back to me last Wednesday. Not surprisingly, I haven't heard back from her and I left her a message on Monday.

I feel for the dealerships as they are taking the brunt of this while Ford Customer Service offers absolutely no support to the dealers and the customers. I am happy that they are stepping up to the plate and doing a thorough fix, however I am extremely disappointed by the way Customer Service has treated me (and from the sounds of things, many other people too).

I'm not sure if I saw this on here already, but my dealer told me today that they have added to the "fix" for the vehicles with multiple leaks present. They are now replacing all of the electrical modules that may have come into contact with water. These are on back order with no estimated availability date (carpets are still on back order too).

My vehicle took 4 1/2 months to be delivered (from the order date) as it was held at the plant, I drove it for 5 days, found water in it and now it is waiting a repair that is likely going to take weeks to complete. My husband is about to factory order a new truck. I have a sneaking suspicion that he may get it before I get mine back....

Update

Claim changed to a RAV. Got letter in mail and had to call dealer. Then had to call a RAV representative.

Should get a "like" car with wiggle room for upgrades, most likely to ease the bite of TYL fees.

Monday the dealer said they had a vehicle already in transit. Would call when he got the paperwork from Ford or the vehicle. "should be today or tomorrow."

Call me when you get either and we can talk."

Wednesday and no call. Will call tomorrow and let y'all know.

Where are you located? Carpets are available. A dealer can order 1 set per week. An "A" dealer can order 3 sets per week. Inverters are available. What dealer has your car?

They placed the order today, no ETA. Told me they could get more info tomorrow as once order placed they can get an estimate. I am in Thunder Bay, so Pinewood Ford. I made an assumption on the carpet taking a while based on other posts but he definitely told me the electrical was going to be the hold up. Stated that last Friday they got the notice about replacing electrical.

My dealer has been awesome, can't fault them. They felt really bad calling me to tell me that I would be without my vehicle for an unknown amount of time. If what you are saying is correct, my fingers are crossed I might actually get it back soon! I was lucky, there is no evidence of mould or water stains. I think mine was a small leak and caught early. Once all is replaced it should be good to go! I am just anxious to get it back, loved it for the brief time I had it!

Edited by Cheeky

Edgey Guy:

I used vindecoderz.com for my replacement vehicle VIN ending in FBB71nnn, and it shows Build Date: 09.07.2015, which i assume uses international dating. That would put the build date @ July 9 (edited from 7). I don't see a build date on the window sticker.

I should be clear, right?

Edited by Weltyed

Edgey Guy:

I used vindecoderz.com for my replacement vehicle VIN ending in FBB71nnn, and it shows Build Date: 09.07.2015, which i assume uses international dating. That would put the build date @ July 7. I don't see a build date on the window sticker.

I should be clear, right?

Click the link below. Enter your vin. On the right you will see build date. It will also list if any outstanding field service actions are required.

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

Understood! Very good point made....it is afterwards how the company handles these issues with it's customers that reflects future customer loyalty. FoMoCo committed to right the wrong!

*High concerns are the modules under the layment of floor like Restraining Power Control Modules. May need replacement if sat is water. The wire harness can survive the water exposure but not the modules.

*If extended damage is irreversible, buy-backs may be imminent. Additional MRSP/tax/fees will need to be addressed.

Hi Ford Fam,

I'm seeing more concerns posted, and I'm here to lend a hand! I want to make sure this information did not get lost amongst the other post so here's a little reminder, plus updates from post #182:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to make another post in regards to this concern. Please contact me if your vehicle is experiencing this symptom and it has not been escalated. I'll need for you to PM me your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I'll be happy to loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist.

If you live in Canada, please don’t hesitate to reach out to my FordServiceCA colleagues here. They will be happy to get the ball rolling!

In the meantime, you will be receiving an "Owner's Letter" in the mail shortly, if you haven't already. It will explain the next steps. I'll be happy to provide the updated info here: To help avoid damage that may be caused by a water leak into the interior of your vehicle, please avoid car washes and exposure to rain or water until you have this service completed. If possible, park in a garage or covered area when rain is expected. Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Customer Satisfaction Program 15B21 as soon as possible. Provide the dealer with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your vehicle. The VIN is printed near your name at the beginning of this letter. If you do not already have a servicing dealer, you can access www.Fordowner.com for dealer addresses, maps, and driving instructions.

Ford Motor Company wants you to have this service action completed on your vehicle. The vehicle owner is responsible for making arrangements to have the work completed. Ford Motor Company can deny coverage for any vehicle damage that may result from the failure to have this service action performed on a timely basis. Therefore, please have this service action performed as soon as possible.

Lastly, FLEET OWNERS: If you still have concerns, please contact the Fleet Customer Information Center at 1-800-34-FLEET, Option #3 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Eastern Time). You may also contact us through the Internet at www.fleet.ford.com.

I'll be here to assist throughout the process so don't hesitate to reach out to me!

Update on mine... Ford called yesterday to tell me they are going to replace my Edge, I bought it on the 20th and it was in the shop on the 24th til now. Not really a bad experience (minus the rental for 3 and a half weeks)....

VM from Ron @ Ford says I'm getting a replacement vehicle. Replacement reps will call in the next few days.

Yup. My edge was built within that time frame and doesn't have the issue. By looking in to the area it says the sealer is missing, I couldn't see any sealer on mine. Nor could I see any sign of moisture getting to the area even after it rained. I still had it patched up.

Update on mine ~ first, they changed the insulation the moment we told them of this issue. Then they ordered the carpet for it. After a long wait (about 2 months), they finally changed the carpet...

bought our Edge in June Carpet was wet at the Dealer, they tried to blame an open vista roof (not so) We've got a good repor with one of the service advisers & told him to check it close in pre-delivery...

Hey guys,

Thanks for sharing the great news, and I'm glad to learn that the dealer resolved your concerns.

If you have any questions, just give me a shout! :)

Tricia

Edited by FordService

I too had a leaker. HAD. I thought I had done all the right things. I called Ford, got a case number, Kept in touch with the service department. After 30 days I called the number in the service manual regarding the lemon law to see what my options were. I read the material and finally decided to go to the dealer. Service dept couldn't guarantee me that the fix was a permentant fix. Great. Where does that put me 3 years down the line when the seam starts leaking again?

Well I talked to the General manager and he couldn't have been nicer. He listened to my whole story, he never interrupted and he found me a twin to the leaker with in an hour. This car that was made late June. He even went so far as to go get that car that was several hundred miles away, all this to no cost to me what so ever, even trade. Anyone looking for a good dealer Northern Ill /Southern Wi area send me a e mail. My family will go no where else from now on. What great customer service Sal.

I feel everyone's frustrations over this issue. This online has helped me and I am hoping this story will help someone else.

• Like 3

Great to hear, barb. I was about to PM you to see where you were in your debacle.

I too had a leaker. HAD. I thought I had done all the right things. I called Ford, got a case number, Kept in touch with the service department. After 30 days I called the number in the service manual regarding the lemon law to see what my options were. I read the material and finally decided to go to the dealer. Service dept couldn't guarantee me that the fix was a permentant fix. Great. Where does that put me 3 years down the line when the seam starts leaking again?

Well I talked to the General manager and he couldn't have been nicer. He listened to my whole story, he never interrupted and he found me a twin to the leaker with in an hour. This car that was made late June. He even went so far as to go get that car that was several hundred miles away, all this to no cost to me what so ever, even trade. Anyone looking for a good dealer Northern Ill /Southern Wi area send me a e mail. My family will go no where else from now on. What great customer service Sal.

I feel everyone's frustrations over this issue. This online has helped me and I am hoping this story will help someone else.