My nightmare is over.. 60+ Days.. Ford told me to go into the dealership and pick a new vehicle.. Bout F'n time i told them!!

Great news.

What did they tell you for the price point of the new vehicle? Did you have to pick one in stock? Could you order one? Could you pick one from a dealer that wasn't your original dealer?

Typically they've allowed up to a $2500 more expensive replacement vehicle. I'm sure orders and dealer trades are ok but I don't think Ford would pay for a rental for 2 more months waiting on a special order.

I was just curious if Ford in Canada was going the same route as Ford in the US.

$2500. I'd say just throw me a few sets of extra tires for when it is time for replacements ;)

Great news.

What did they tell you for the price point of the new vehicle? Did you have to pick one in stock? Could you order one? Could you pick one from a dealer that wasn't your original dealer?

Funny part was we knew about this before the dealer did, so when we went in to see our Sales rep they had no Idea ha ha nor did the owner of the dealership.. The phone calls were great to hear..

GM has got everything arranged, we got a new one that's en-route to the dealership this weekend.. Recall checks etc have been done, they're going to do some additional checks once its off loaded to tripple check things.. 3M etc being done on the vehicle before we take possession, along with our Winter tires being installed for us.. And we're getting a nice cheque from Ford Canada as well for compensation..

1. 5/5/15 - Picked up new Edge SEL from dealership
  2. 6/15/15 - Dropped off wet Edge to Griffin Ford in Waukesha Wisconsin for leak repairs
  3. 8/24/15 - Picked up "repaired" Edge
  4. 9/10/15 - Driver side carpet in my "repaired" Edge is soaked
  5. 9/11/15 - I am told that to rectify the situation I need to drop off my Edge to the same dealership that "repaired" it and get another sh!tty rental car for god knows how long. WTF???

I have maintained a calm demeanor through the first 70 day ordeal, but this is seriously ridiculous!

Ford - You need to get me a new vehicle that won't develop mold/mildew that will get my family sick! I feel like my hands are tied since this is a company fleet vehicle, and that Ford is taking advantage of that fact. I am so sick and tired of this issue. Ford, correct it immediately.

Ben

I feel your pain...(as my wife and I went through this for 3 months)what about your lemon laws in the states.....another criteria for a buy back is a failed fix.....obviously falls into that category.

Finfan3dp - what was your production date....anything after June I would say is pretty safe. You can check your vin number on Etis to see if there are any issues.

Nightmare is one step closer to finish.. We emptied out our stuff from the old vehicle with some help from the Shop guys. New vehicle is just getting prepped for us to drive away with.. Should hopefully be done by next week.. Still getting financial compensation from Ford which is nice. Still can't get over the fact there was 2300 defective units made.. Oye

Nightmare is one step closer to finish.. We emptied out our stuff from the old vehicle with some help from the Shop guys. New vehicle is just getting prepped for us to drive away with.. Should hopefully be done by next week.. Still getting financial compensation from Ford which is nice. Still can't get over the fact there was 2300 defective units made.. Oye

Congrats: Glad you have finally been settled. I'm still getting promises, but no action. Dealer blames Ford. 85 days and counting. They call this customer service! Are you getting another Edge? Love the vehicle but I'm scared of having to go through something like this again.

Congrats: Glad you have finally been settled. I'm still getting promises, but no action. Dealer blames Ford. 85 days and counting. They call this customer service! Are you getting another Edge? Love the vehicle but I'm scared of having to go through something like this again.

All signed sealed and delivered today, just waiting on the nice cheque now lol.. The shop manager & leads drowned the 'bejebers' out of the new vehicle over the last few days testing for leaks.. Not one found! Production was late July/August according to the paperwork.. Had all of 8km's on it when I got the keys this afternoon.

I guess there was a big conference out east and our service guys made sure to ride Ford hard about our truck.. Apparently they got some pretty good apologies out of those from head office.

Does this fix affect the long-term value of the car in a bad way? The dealer said that my car has no water damage but are replacing some parts. Is it worth it to get the ESP now (Tri-Care here in Canada) because of this FSA?

We had it thrown in for no charge on our new vehicle.. There's nothing really wrong with more protection in the long run.. I had the insurance on another Vehicle and got a nice pay out from them when I traded in. It won't/shouldn't cause any issues in value of the vehicle.. Ford has admitted they screwed up royally.. From the GM's I've spoke with they typically won't care 3-5 years down the road or whenever you trade up.

• Like 2

My gong show is almost over. Dealer is doing a dealer trade to bring in an Edge Titanium, exactly the same as the one I started out with in May (minus the leaks) We have re-done my deal and the new car should be ready Monday. Build date is well after the magic April 28th, so it should be OK. I am really unhappy with Ford though. They should have approved this at least 2 months ago. They could have saved themselves a lot of $$ they paid for the rental. The thing is, the Edge is such a great car, with good performance and so comfortable that we decided to try another one. Wish us luck!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2015 Edge Sel purchased on Memorial Day. Not sure of the build date. I bought it in Los Angeles and a couple months later moved to Seattle. Funny because I had the service notice but didn't get a chance to take it in before moving. Well lo and behold 2" of water in the driver side foot well after arriving in Seattle. Took it to the local dealer and had to constantly call to check on the vehicle. Always got the "it should be ready tomorrow" and then nothing the next day. Each time my service advisor would tell me there was another step that they needed to do according to Ford corporate. Eventually we had to call the Branch service advisor because the one taking care of me just wasn't at all. This was after they had the car for a month. Full of excuses. I dropped the car off December 15th. Had an Enterprise rental for about 9 days and then was switched to a Ford loaner (2013 Escape) which I am still driving. Just spoke to a regional service advisor today 2/1/2016 and they are buying back the vehicle as they cannot get rid of the smell. He said it will take another 30 to 45 days to get into a new vehicle but they are committed to keeping me a Ford customer! It really has been a bad experience customer service wise. I loved the vehicle prior to the leak showing up. It was a big upgrade for me as I was driving a 2004 Honda Civic for 11 years. I've made 2 lease payments so far on a car that I haven't been driving.

Anyway I am glad to stumble on this forum for valuable insight as to what others have gotten out of Ford and this screwup.

Thanks to all for posting your stories.

ET