I too had a leaker. HAD. I thought I had done all the right things. I called Ford, got a case number, Kept in touch with the service department. After 30 days I called the number in the service manual regarding the lemon law to see what my options were. I read the material and finally decided to go to the dealer. Service dept couldn't guarantee me that the fix was a permentant fix. Great. Where does that put me 3 years down the line when the seam starts leaking again?

Well I talked to the General manager and he couldn't have been nicer. He listened to my whole story, he never interrupted and he found me a twin to the leaker with in an hour. This car that was made late June. He even went so far as to go get that car that was several hundred miles away, all this to no cost to me what so ever, even trade. Anyone looking for a good dealer Northern Ill /Southern Wi area send me a e mail. My family will go no where else from now on. What great customer service Sal.

I feel everyone's frustrations over this issue. This online has helped me and I am hoping this story will help someone else.

That is AWESOME!!!!!

I hope you are enjoying your new Edge.

I just got off the phone with my Customer Service rep. She reports that they are committed to moving all required part as quickly as possible and she will work with my dealer to determine what is needed to repair mine to get the required parts expedited which I am happy to hear. She also told me that compensation offers will be given to customers once the fix is completed and vehicles are returned to the customer. Compensation takes into consideration the entire case ordeal (so in my case will consider the extreme shipping delay in addition to the leak).

I will keep you posted once I have more info. I am happy that they are stepping up to plate not only with the fix, but also taking into consideration the rest of the ordeal that their customers have experienced.

• Like 1

Another update... Got my new Edge picked out to replace the water damaged one, dealership drove and picked it up yesterday. I was allowed 2500 over the MSRP of the original one that I had purchased with no cost to me. All the tint and protection tht was applied to the original is now being applied to the replacement. Should be ready next week. It took awhile longer than I would have liked but everyone involved in my experience here was over the top nice and helpful. Contacting the Ford Service here on this forum is what got me going in the right direction. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

If your vehicle is experiencing these symptoms please PM the information I requested in post #182. Also, if you need to get in contact with your customer service manager, I’ll be happy to get you connected. Be sure to include your case number in the PM. I’m here to document your feedback, escalate your concerns, and work towards a solution. :)

Tricia

Hi Tricia,

I'm eagerly awaiting my ford private cash offer to buy another one. Can you help me out or direct my request to the appropriate people that can make it happen?

Thanks.

I feel everyone's frustrations over this issue. This online has helped me and I am hoping this story will help someone else.

I just got off the phone with my Customer Service rep. She reports that they are committed to moving all required part as quickly as possible and she will work with my dealer to determine what is needed to repair mine to get the required parts expedited which I am happy to hear...

Contacting the Ford Service here on this forum is what got me going in the right direction. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone,

I’m so glad to learn of the great news, and thanks for sharing!

I'm only a PM away, if you need me. :)

Hi Tricia,

I'm eagerly awaiting my ford private cash offer to buy another one. Can you help me out or direct my request to the appropriate people that can make it happen?

Thanks.

Supersoaker,

Do you have a case number by chance? If so, please PM it to me, and I’ll be happy to add this inquiry to your file.

Tricia

Edited by FordService

I am in Canada, where we don't have a lemon law with any teeth. Bought my Edge Titanium in May, had it for 2 weeks, discovered water, wet drivers' side. Made an apt. at dealer. Met with dealer principal, discussed 15B21. Car left at dealership on June 22nd. 44 days later, car is still sitting at dealership with part of the interior removed and all of the plastic bits and pieces piled n the cargo area. I have never had any information from Ford as to what is going on and the dealership says everything is on hold, waiting for instruction from Ford. This is far from any kind of good service. Ford did provide an Enterprise rental, but I am paying lease payments on a loaded Titanium and what I am driving would have a lease payment about $100 less per month. This is my first Ford and it certainly isn't starting off very well. Since 1981 I have had 13 new GM products and never had anything like this happen. Any problems were solved within a reasonable time period.

I would like to know if any Canadians have received their repaired leaky Edges back yet, or had the situation settled..

I am in Canada, where we don't have a lemon law with any teeth. Bought my Edge Titanium in May, had it for 2 weeks, discovered water, wet drivers' side. Made an apt. at dealer. Met with dealer principal, discussed 15B21. Car left at dealership on June 22nd. 44 days later, car is still sitting at dealership with part of the interior removed and all of the plastic bits and pieces piled n the cargo area. I have never had any information from Ford as to what is going on and the dealership says everything is on hold, waiting for instruction from Ford. This is far from any kind of good service. Ford did provide an Enterprise rental, but I am paying lease payments on a loaded Titanium and what I am driving would have a lease payment about $100 less per month. This is my first Ford and it certainly isn't starting off very well. Since 1981 I have had 13 new GM products and never had anything like this happen. Any problems were solved within a reasonable time period.

I would like to know if any Canadians have received their repaired leaky Edges back yet, or had the situation settled..

I am in Northwestern Ontario. I purchased mine July 10, drove it for 5 days and then noticed it was wet. Brought it in July 16 for repair. I am told by my dealer that it is going to be another 2-3 months before I can expect it back and mine is in pieces too. Because of the delay in shipping mine (it took almost 5 months for me to get it) my dealer is getting me a new one. It is coming from Southern Ontario and should arrive any day. They are doing a VIN swap. Technically I didn't qualify for a new vehicle (minimal damage, just straight repair and replacement) but they did not want me to have to wait since the ETA on the parts is unknown.

I have also been working with Ford Customer Relations centre. They tell me that once I get my vehicle then they will offer me a compensation package.

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note, it rained last night. My Mustang was outside. I get in it this morning, move a few feet, and it sounds like an aquarium has been installed in my rear quarter panel. Looks like Ford screwed up some sealing by the wheel well according to the Mustang Forums.

Their robots must be retarded.

Here's the end to my story:

Ordered Feb 18, built Mar 27, received July 10, returned to dealer with wet floor July 14, August 10 received new replacement vehicle.

My original vehicle did not qualify for the return/replacement program however my dealer felt I had already waited too long for my vehicle so he negotiated a dealer trade so I didn't have to wait.

This vehicle failed the leak test with leaks in 4 different areas. As of today, they still do not know when the electrical modules will be available and it is sitting, completely ripped apart at the body shop. Eventually it will be put back together and re-sold. I'm just glad my ordeal is over and I am finally in my new Edge, which I totally love!

I know we have lots of threads and posts on this topic, but I'm curious if anyone has detected a leak after the dealer "fix" with the sealant. After all of this and the seriousness of the original issue, I'm slightly concerned as to whether this will be a long term fix or just enough to prevent leaks until the warranty is up. I've lifted up my Weathertech mats after a couple of good rains and a car wash and I don't feel any dampness, but all of this has me worried.

• Like 2

I know we have lots of threads and posts on this topic, but I'm curious if anyone has detected a leak after the dealer "fix" with the sealant. After all of this and the seriousness of the original issue, I'm slightly concerned as to whether this will be a long term fix or just enough to prevent leaks until the warranty is up. I've lifted up my Weathertech mats after a couple of good rains and a car wash and I don't feel any dampness, but all of this has me worried.

I posted this in one of the threads somewhere so my apologies if this is a duplicate.

My Edge Sport was bone dry when I bought it after several rains, or so I thought. I checked it religiously after it rained with a dry paper towel that I would press into the carpets- happily no moisture ever appeared at all..

Then I had the dealer 'fix' done one day after I received the letter about it. During which time the dealer had the car for 3 days I think. After that my mind was at ease and I rarely checked it because it was always dry to me...

Fast forward about a month, and my beautiful new car began to smell like wet dog and dirty gym socks?? I immediately checked the carpet on the driver side and sure enough it was sopping wet. I honestly think the moisture extended into the back seat carpet area on the drivers side as well, but it was slightly damp, not wet like the front.

So my Edge sits torn apart at the dealer, its been 5 days so far and the service manager told me today that the water infiltration into the cabin appeared 'significant' and they are waiting from direction from Ford on how much 'further they should go with this'...So overall not good news.

I'm pretty disappointed, as I honestly feel that someone, somewhere at Ford knew they were actively selling $45k leaky cars to unsuspecting people. IF I end up being offered another vehicle from Ford as a replacement, I don't think I will want another Edge Sport (If that option is even on the table). I'd have a lot more trust in a Explorer Sport or even a Focus ST- Anything that isn't a completely new design from a completely new factory. Clearly not all the kinks have been worked out there yet.

Otherwise I hope I can just walk away from a Ford vehicle altogether. I cross shopped a Subaru STI and a Lexus nx200t F sport- Both of which I am sure would not have me dealing with problems like this!

Cheeky; Can you elaborate on the locations of these different leak locations?

I was told that the cause of the leaks was miscalculation of the robot applying the sealant. This caused sealant to be applied, but not necessarily on the exact line it should have been which has resulted in the leaking. This didn't just impact one area, it was the entire front end area.

In my vehicle the leaks were in the A pillars as previously described by others, but also in some of the joints under the dash board (my vehicle had been completely gutted so he was able to show me the general area that was impacted).

He actually reported that they fixed the four areas of the initial leak on this vehicle but then recently found another small puddle of water so they were bringing it back inside to try to locate that source. The vehicle has been sitting in the lot waiting for the parts so they can repair and put it back together. I just happened to go to get some of my belongings out of it now that I have my new one and he offered to show me the vehicle. I guess this is when it is fortunate that it is just sitting and waiting as it gives them a chance to ensure that all areas are repaired.

I also asked him why some of the vehicles are okay at first and then develop issues down the road. He suggested that once the vehicle is used that movement and vibration will cause the sealant that was a fraction off of where it was supposed to be to loosen and thereby allows the water in (whereas if it was on the correct path it remains completely sealed). He tells me they still have really only received minimal informs from Ford and have been figuring this out themselves as they see these vehicles, along with word of mouth from other dealers experiencing the same things.