Yes, the technician said he checked EVERYTHING he could - including the cabin filter housing. He said everything was tight. He checked vent drains, cowl drains, cowl seals, windshield, ac/ drains - he spent 6 hours on it. He swears up and down the wall that it's the roof pillar. Of course, he didn't run water on it.
There is a 'Walt's Water Works' auto shop fairly close by that specializes in finding water leaks. That may be my next stop. The dealer wants to keep the car for several days and charge me a bunch to check it out, including what has already been checked.

My mistake. The shop owner says he did run water on it.

I think I may run some water on it myself and do some investigating, and I'll probably end up taking it to the Water Works shop.

If it's NOT the roof pillars on my 2013, what would it most likely be?
Luckily, there have never been any puddles of water, and no other part of the interior is wet.

Im new to the forum. I brought a 2007 ford edge with 150k miles and Im having the same problem. I thought this issue was in the new edges. I brought my edge because it was in excellent condition. I only had the car for 2 weeks now. I drove the car in the rain for 4 hours from Charlotte,NC to Atlanta, GA then thats

when I notice my drivers side floor mat was soaked. Any help for my 2007 edge. I like the my edge so far until this happened.

There are no moon roof drain tubes on your car. Windshield or clogged A/C Drain is the likely culprit.

No sunroof.

I'm guessing that it has been leaking at least since I bought it in March of last year. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't detailed it many times since I bought it. The floor mat was always covering it up.

As long as it has been going on, it is not something as simple as an open window.

Water is limited to dampness on the carpet in front of the passenger seat. Padding is wet up to the firewall.

I pulled the carpet back and went through a car wash. As the sprayer passed over the passenger side door to the hood, I could hear water trickling inside.

I do know for a fact this it is fresh water from the outside. The carpet is worse after rain or snow.

Wife and daughter have complained of a smell, but all I smell is my Katzkin leather conditioner.

The technician I took it to says he found a forum like this, where Ford reps were members, and he said that it mentioned the 2013s as well.

There is an outside chance that it may be the windshield or something with the cowl, but I still think it's the roof pillar.

If it was a clogged A/C Drain it would not be wet up the bulkhead/firewall. I suspect an aftermarket windshield. Is the windshield factory? If it was the roof pillar, removing the interior trim will show a wet stain or path and it is very easy to see the leak. No issues on previous years that are common. We have had water building up in the kick panels and filling the kick panels up and seeping in. email me john@leakpro.com

If it was a clogged A/C Drain it would not be wet up the bulkhead/firewall. I suspect an aftermarket windshield. Is the windshield factory? If it was the roof pillar, removing the interior trim will show a wet stain or path and it is very easy to see the leak. No issues on previous years that are common. We have had water building up in the kick panels and filling the kick panels up and seeping in. email me john@leakpro.com

I have eliminated the possibility of the a/c drain, not only because the technician checked it, but also because I ran the defroster for 30 minutes, then the a/c for 30 minutes, and I saw a nice, normal puddle of condensation under my car.

The windshield is OEM Ford Carlite.

The car was a 3-year lease return when we got it, and it had 29K miles on it. I cannot say for sure if the windshield was ever replaced during the first three years of its life, but if it was, it was replaced with a Ford windshield.

The only place I saw/felt water on the carpet was right in front of the passenger seat in that little contoured area of the floorboard, pretty much equidistant between the door and console.
I would press on that area to sop it up with a towel (no puddles, it was just soaked into the carpet) and I could hear squishing, telling me that the padding was soaked.
The carpet is dry from there on up to the firewall.
I pulled the carpet back and the padding is wet all the way up to the firewall.
A technician pulled stuff apart and he says that he checked the cowl drains, a/c drains, vent drains, even the cabin filter housing and can't find anything.

This is a strange one. After a rain, can you look into the holes in the kick panel to see if there is any water sitting in the kick panel? The plastic trim will have to be removed. What color is your car...If it is a light color you can look for dirt or trailer marks. Can you take some pics fro me? I might be able to better see what you are seeing.....John

• 1 month later...

Question for everyone out there. We had a '13 Edge sport lease and really enjoyed it. Came across a 2015 Sport this week with only 3,000 miles. Turns out it was a buyback vehicle last year by Ford. The dealer says they have been buying these from Ford, repairing them and re-selling at a lower price because of the buyback title. The carpet was dry after a few days of rain. Has anyone had the fix work? Or should I stay away from this vehicle?

They are saying they are fully repairing and the warranty and everything else is still valid on the Edge

MOPARTRUCK...Not all 2015's had the issue. What is the build date and serial #. The repair works. My company has repaired 1,000's of them. The carpets are dry after raining, is there a wet moldy smell, do you hear sloshing when driving slowly and hitting the brakes. If the answer is NO to those questions you will not have an issue. You are going to have to change your name to FOMOCOGUY now!

LEAKPRO

No sloshing noticed. This was a defective vehicle, the dealer is honest with me. They are saying it is fixed. This was a Ford buyback, so the title reflects this, as to why a 45k car is now 27k with 3,000 miles.

If the repair hasn't worked, I guess I will take it back to the dealer!

Thanks for the reply. This is for my other half, I'll still be moparman.

Question for everyone out there. We had a '13 Edge sport lease and really enjoyed it. Came across a 2015 Sport this week with only 3,000 miles. Turns out it was a buyback vehicle last year by Ford. The dealer says they have been buying these from Ford, repairing them and re-selling at a lower price because of the buyback title. The carpet was dry after a few days of rain. Has anyone had the fix work? Or should I stay away from this vehicle?

They are saying they are fully repairing and the warranty and everything else is still valid on the Edge

I just purchased my 2015 Sport with 8,000 miles on it for around the same price as well about a month ago. Same situation with the Ford buy back. The car had the leak fix and carpet replaced. Already put 2,000 miles on it and the car has been through every weather condition possible, hard rain, snow, sun etc. Not one issue. Loving the car. Get it.

• 6 months later...

I am continuing to have problems with my (previously soaked) 2015 Edge.

They are all electrical in nature- flashing dash lights, door not unlocking, lift gate not opening or closing without activation, and the car not starting.

Last night I went out o take my husband to the dealership to pick up his 1987 F-150 and my 2015 car wouldn't start. The dash lights indicated 'blindspot system fault,' cross traffic system fault,' 'to start press brake'' ( I was and the brake felt tight), and a new one I hadn't seen before "see manual" with a wrench over it.

It finally started after several attempts and moving the shifter back and forth.

I've talked to the dealer and even driven to the dealer while I was having problems so they could check my car on the computer. They can't tell me what's wrong and each incident is so random I never know when there's going to be a problem. I do know that I'm still making payments each month on a car that's less reliable than the 30 year old F-150.

Anyone else having issues like this??

Thought it was fixed. Sorry it's continuing.

If you have the Vista moonroof, there's a remote possibility that the one or more if the drains are plugged. (Open roof, drains are located in each corner. If the clog, tbe channel becomes flooded and overflows).

There are NO sunroof/vista Roof/Moon roof drain tubes. It is a gasket/weatherstrip that the glass seals against.

• Like 1

They are all electrical in nature- flashing dash lights, door not unlocking, lift gate not opening or closing without activation, and the car not starting.

Last night I went out o take my husband to the dealership to pick up his 1987 F-150 and my 2015 car wouldn't start. The dash lights indicated 'blindspot system fault,' cross traffic system fault,' 'to start press brake'' ( I was and the brake felt tight), and a new one I hadn't seen before "see manual" with a wrench over it.

It finally started after several attempts and moving the shifter back and forth.

I've talked to the dealer and even driven to the dealer while I was having problems so they could check my car on the computer. They can't tell me what's wrong and each incident is so random I never know when there's going to be a problem. I do know that I'm still making payments each month on a car that's less reliable than the 30 year old F-150.

Did you have the TSB preformed for the water leak? Did the dealer do it properly? They are supposed to replace the entire wire harness. You have corrosion in your wires GUARANTEED!!! Make sure they replaced the entire wire harness, dash out, entire interior out....A lot of dealers did not replace the wiring harness the TSB states it has to be replaced.

• Like 1

Did you have the TSB preformed for the water leak? Did the dealer do it properly? They are supposed to replace the entire wire harness. You have corrosion in your wires GUARANTEED!!! Make sure they replaced the entire wire harness, dash out, entire interior out....A lot of dealers did not replace the wiring harness the TSB states it has to be replaced.

Thank you so much for your reply. No I'm almost certain they didn't replace the wire harness. I don't think the TSB was even out as I was one of the first to have this issue. The dealership sealed the leak and removed /replaced all carpet and padding. I visited my car when it was in pieces with fans on it. I complained to Ford and the dealership that I was worried about electronics running under the driver's side being affected by the water, but to no avail. The dealership gave me an extended warranty- Ford did nothing. I feel like I'm stuck with a car that doesn't always unlock, start or function properly- and am still making payments. What do I do? I'll call tomorrow and ask if they performed the full TSB, but then what?

I'm so very very disappointed.

There are NO sunroof/vista Roof/Moon roof drain tubes. It is a gasket/weatherstrip that the glass seals against.

I stand corrected, thank you. There are no drain tubes on these cars. But there are drains. What's different is if/when they clog, they overflow directly to the exterior and not in your the car.

From the service manual:

Water Drainage System Check and Water Leak Corrections

The roof opening panel module assembly has 2 drain channels which are located under the side trim panels to direct water externally to the front and rear corners of the roof. There are no drain hoses in this system.

If a drainage system blockage or obstruction is suspected, pour a small amount of water into the suspected drain channel while observing the front and rear channel openings for any water flow restriction. Attempt to clear any blockage or obstruction using compressed air at the front or rear opening of the drain channel.

If the blockage or obstruction cannot be cleared, the roof opening panel front trim and/or side trim must be removed to gain full access to the drain channel. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Trim - Front and Roof Opening Panel Trim - Side in this section.

For water leak corrections, refer to the Diagnosis and Testing procedure in this section.

• Like 1

I stand corrected, thank you. There are no drain tubes on these cars. But there are drains. What's different is if/when they clog, they overflow directly to the exterior and not in your the car.

From the service manual:

Water Drainage System Check and Water Leak Corrections

The roof opening panel module assembly has 2 drain channels which are located under the side trim panels to direct water externally to the front and rear corners of the roof. There are no drain hoses in this system.

If a drainage system blockage or obstruction is suspected, pour a small amount of water into the suspected drain channel while observing the front and rear channel openings for any water flow restriction. Attempt to clear any blockage or obstruction using compressed air at the front or rear opening of the drain channel.

If the blockage or obstruction cannot be cleared, the roof opening panel front trim and/or side trim must be removed to gain full access to the drain channel. For additional information, refer to Roof Opening Panel Trim - Front and Roof Opening Panel Trim - Side in this section.

For water leak corrections, refer to the Diagnosis and Testing procedure in this section.

They are referring to the ditch seams, channels under the "Black plastic roof trim". I have never seen these clog up.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your reply. No I'm almost certain they didn't replace the wire harness. I don't think the TSB was even out as I was one of the first to have this issue. The dealership sealed the leak and removed /replaced all carpet and padding. I visited my car when it was in pieces with fans on it. I complained to Ford and the dealership that I was worried about electronics running under the driver's side being affected by the water, but to no avail. The dealership gave me an extended warranty- Ford did nothing. I feel like I'm stuck with a car that doesn't always unlock, start or function properly- and am still making payments. What do I do? I'll call tomorrow and ask if they performed the full TSB, but then what?

I'm so very very disappointed.

Call Ford and or talk to the dealer and request a meeting with the Ford District Service Manager. The wire harness runs along the floor of the vehicle and you probably had 3" of water under the carpet/Styrofoam and the water corrodes the connections which ARE NOT water tight. Ford spent millions of dollars repairing these vehicles. Ford set out the procedure REPLACE the Wire Harness for this exact same reason you are talking about. Your vehicle WAS NOT repaired to Ford standards so that falls 100% on the dealer. It is the dealers responsibility to ensure Factory repairs as set forth in a TSB are followed to the letter!

• Like 1